Talk About The Kiss Of Death: Mitt Romney Scores Prized Endorsement From Jimmy Carter

Discussion in 'Politics' started by USArmyRetired, Sep 15, 2011.

1. USArmyRetired

USArmyRetired BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +346
    Yep, lol. This is not good for Obama nor Mitt with Jimmy Carter doing this on MSNBC. I think this is not totally unexpected given Mitt’s Carteresque positions on such issues as cap and trade, ethanol subsidies, government health care mandates, and man-made global warming to name but a few. One thing that struck me in the article that Carter said that I didn't know was that Bachmann worked for Carter's campaign. So what do we have here? Perry campaigning for Gore when he ran. Bachmann working for Carter. I can't wait to see the spin on this.

Jimmy Carter would be 'pleased' with nominee Romney - Alexander Burns - POLITICO.com

Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  2. Moonglow

Moonglow Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,631
    that should vault him into the presidency

3. Charles_Main

Charles_Main AR15 Owner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,251
    What's your point? People change man. Fuck I used to be a Rather Liberal Democrat. Things happen, people's perspectives change. Big deal.

Oh and you do realize Carter saying he would be pleased is not the same as an Endorsement right?

4. JWBooth

JWBooth Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,957
    [​IMG]

5. USArmyRetired

USArmyRetired BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +346
    You don't understand. When you're running for office and you get affiliated with Carter, it's really bad.

6. Maple

Maple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +568
    I think this says it all. He's all in for Obama.:cuckoo:

Carter's kind words for the GOP only go so far, and the Georgia Democrat also said he doesn't think "anybody's going to beat Obama."

Read more: Jimmy Carter would be 'pleased' with nominee Romney - Alexander Burns - POLITICO.com

7. Maple

Maple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +568
    New Poll: Romney Beats Obama in General Election - By Katrina Trinko - The Corner - National Review OnlineBy Katrina Trinko
    The generic Republican candidate wouldn’t beat President Obama in 2012 — 39 percent to 45 percent according to the Gallup poll from early August — but a new Gallup poll shows that one specific GOP candidate could beat Obama, while another would tie.

Among registered voters, Mitt Romney would edge out Obama narrowly, 48 percent to 46 percent. Rick Perry would tie with Obama at 47 percent. Obama would currently beat Ron Paul, 47 percent to 45 percent, and Michele Bachmann, 48 percent to 44 percent.

My money and my vote go to Mitt the only candidate that has an awesome business background and the only candidate that deals with trade and our trade deficit with China. The man knows how to create jobs because he has created thousands.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  8. J.E.D

J.E.D What's tha matta?

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,576
    From your own link:

He never endorsed Romney.

9. USArmyRetired

USArmyRetired BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +346
    Why is Romney losing in the polls to Perry? Also I think you need to think twice about him creating jobs. From the Boston Herald today:

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view.bg?articleid=1365968
    The Bay State’s controversial 2006 universal health-care plan — also known as “Romneycare” — has cost Massachusetts more than 18,000 jobs, according to an exclusive blockbuster study that could provide ammo to GOP rivals of former Gov. Mitt Romney as he touts his job-creating chops on the campaign trail.

“Mandating health insurance coverage and expanding the demand for health services without increasing supply drove up costs. Economics 101 tells us that,” said Paul Bachman, research director at Suffolk University’s Beacon Hill Institute, the conservative think tank that conducted the study. The Herald obtained an exclusive copy of the findings.

“The ‘shared sacrifice’ needed to provide universal health care includes a net loss of jobs, which is attributable to the higher costs that the measure imposed,” said David Tuerck, the institute’s executive director.

10. USArmyRetired

USArmyRetired BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +346
    He wants to see him win the nomination. You see. when you're running for office and you get affiliated with Carter, it's really bad.