Talk about pulling your hair out!!

You sure you're talking about Clonezilla? It boots off of a CD into its own Linux based OS. Although the speed issue you're getting is because you are burning to DVDs. You'd be better off getting an external USB HD and backing up to that.

$60 at Amazon

I was going the cheap route since I already had the DVDs and besides for simple transfer purposes I can get a good external drive for $25. And yes, I am talking about Clonezilla, I can't even get it to load on my Linux machine let alone my window ones. I'm obviously doing something wrong.

Check your BIOS boot settings, make sure the CD is before any hard drives in the boot order.

I am going to go out on a limb and say he already knows this...just sayin.

Ringle my friend, this is what I got out of your OP:

adjg;lajg;au jgaue;sjgds;lgj;dsogj;dmgmjvs9etuspoerugn;lxdjvnlxnv xdjignlxodigxldv jxckbn ofgu[0tu e9i4utojg /ldjgeaeut094yut seorjgu ;nset 843t 8n;assnlt98304 t9a 'e9s ugs9etg8asi gusne.9ogtv w4nte;sg sdlx gmlesutvu 40t68]ijog9i498uu ;jtg4out atgj;i9tut5 w;eij
h kgjl;gjvn;oseutv oeutmv;posmgb;podump9ur n'pdxmbp'; dry d'pryi' sei 'xv
g awvfjgs;lrjgo;si ruysre yb'user bopdsrymborpdyib mdproymb dprymb 'dsry m
aw' iawe;ufaoe9tn v;soetu9es4t7 v;nesu oeureu9 e;sauv easej goewit

Hope this helps! :thup:

Is that Python or C++?
Some Varient of C.

But it won't work. She forgot the includes files and the {} braces.

You sure you're talking about Clonezilla? It boots off of a CD into its own Linux based OS. Although the speed issue you're getting is because you are burning to DVDs. You'd be better off getting an external USB HD and backing up to that.

$60 at Amazon

I was going the cheap route since I already had the DVDs and besides for simple transfer purposes I can get a good external drive for $25. And yes, I am talking about Clonezilla, I can't even get it to load on my Linux machine let alone my window ones. I'm obviously doing something wrong.

Check your BIOS boot settings, make sure the CD is before any hard drives in the boot order.

Thanks for the info and yes I do know how to check BIOs and boot order, it's not the CD drive.
For some reason the ISO didn't burn right or I just did it wrong and couldn't figure out what I did so I stopped wasting time on it and moved on which makes it a moot point.

Ringle my friend, this is what I got out of your OP:

adjg;lajg;au jgaue;sjgds;lgj;dsogj;dmgmjvs9etuspoerugn;lxdjvnlxnv xdjignlxodigxldv jxckbn ofgu[0tu e9i4utojg /ldjgeaeut094yut seorjgu ;nset 843t 8n;assnlt98304 t9a 'e9s ugs9etg8asi gusne.9ogtv w4nte;sg sdlx gmlesutvu 40t68]ijog9i498uu ;jtg4out atgj;i9tut5 w;eij
h kgjl;gjvn;oseutv oeutmv;posmgb;podump9ur n'pdxmbp'; dry d'pryi' sei 'xv
g awvfjgs;lrjgo;si ruysre yb'user bopdsrymborpdyib mdproymb dprymb 'dsry m
aw' iawe;ufaoe9tn v;soetu9es4t7 v;nesu oeureu9 e;sauv easej goewit

Hope this helps! :thup:

Is that Python or C++?

EZ helped me with my Python not too long ago.

She really knows what she's doing. :cool:

Thanks for the info and yes I do know how to check BIOs and boot order, it's not the CD drive.
For some reason the ISO didn't burn right or I just did it wrong and couldn't figure out what I did so I stopped wasting time on it and moved on which makes it a moot point.

Ok, just trying to help.

The Computer Renaissance franchise here does backup imaging for $50 so they could probably fix you up well.

Forum List

Back