Take a lookie at this video.. Aztlan Video

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Stephanie, Apr 9, 2006.

1. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,359
  2. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112
    They say it's their homeland,but did they make this country what it is?!! If so,and if possible,why don't they make Mexico a thriving independent country?

3. Hobbit

Hobbit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +421
    This is exactly like the Israeli/Palestinian conflict. We Americans actually bought or were given in peace agreements, all of this land they are calling "Aztlan." We've had it for over 100 years and they haven't said a single thing before, but now that we've turned that land into something great and prosperous, it's suddenly "their homeland" and they want it back. Well, they can have it back when they pry it from my cold, dead hands.

4. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112

Exactly my point. All of the sudden it's theirs?!! Even if they were claiming it was theirs before all this hoopla,they still didn't make it what it is. I wonder what the reaction would be if we did the same to them.....

5. BaronVonBigmeat

BaronVonBigmeat Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +160
    I'm trying to figure out why any Mexicans would claim the southwest US as their homeland. It was almost entirely empty land when we took it. Why did the Mexican government invite anglos to settle in Texas? Because there was virtually no one there!

The Mexican government drew some lines on a map of empty land that had hardly been charted or occupied, and claimed it. Now perhaps the US should have simply offered to buy the land, but I can't say that I'm crying big tears over our taking empty land, either. There probably wasn't 1 person out of a thousand in those crowds who had ancestors living in the southwest US prior to 1845.

Maybe they would have some credibility if they were looking to streamline the immigration process, reduce fees and paperwork, etc. It's probably a real pain to get in. But this stuff just sounds like a bunch of crybabies who got their feelings hurt that they're used as beasts of burden in the US economy. Well, what do you expect when you have a middle-school education and don't speak english? Also you could try taking a shower, washing the thick grease out of your hair, and learning to use a toilet properly. Yes, they actually flush here. Even when you use paper. :shudder:

6. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    The US pounded Mexico and still paid for land:

http://www.answers.com/topic/mexican-war

7. BaronVonBigmeat

BaronVonBigmeat Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +160
    Interesting. I had forgotten that they paid some money for the land (granted, at the point of a gun). Another thing worth pointing out: the few Mexicans living in the southwest were not kicked out, nor was their land stolen, to my knowledge. So the Israel/Palestine analogy doesn't exactly work. The people marching are the recent arrivals, the ones whose families are from south of the Rio Grande, and as such, they have no claim on american states. And the ones who have been here for 5 or 6 generations are practically indistinguishable from any other american, and wouldn't be caught dead at one of these rallies.

8. ThomasPaine

ThomasPaine Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +66

to purchase another weapon. Hate to say it but we may have to refight the Mex-American War again. Those fools think they got their asses handed to them in 1845 have no idea what may happen now.. Aztlan my ass. Time to teach the Mexicans a thing or two about how Americans can handle this by ourselves. If the government refuses to fight then we in the border and near border states that have experienced this INVASION may have to take matters into our own hands. Tell me how can it be illegal to take out an illegal? Hate to say it but this may have to resort to vigilatism... Viva Los Estados Unidos and to hell with Mexico...

9. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    Oh Lord - what I would do with a couple .50 Caliber rounds, a .50 Caliber sniper rifle, and a world with no consequence. :)

10. ThomasPaine

ThomasPaine Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +66
    some free lance help.. Sadly I think we are definitely headed for civil war and this illegal immigration problem may be the catalyst for it. If the gutless politicians refuse to stop this then we Americans will have to take matters into our own hands. Believe it that if the mexis think they are going to get shot dead crossing the border that will end this problem post haste..