Take a look at this

freyasman

Platinum Member
Apr 1, 2020
Texas
From the link;
"MEXICO CITY (AP) — The notoriously violent Jalisco cartel has responded to Mexico’s “hugs, not bullets” policy with a policy of its own: The cartel kidnapped several members of an elite police force in the state of Guanajuato, tortured them to obtain names and addresses of fellow officers and is now hunting down and killing police at their homes, on their days off, in front of their families.

It is a type of direct attack on officers seldom seen outside of the most gang-plagued nations of Central America and poses the most direct challenge yet to President Andrés Manuel López Obrador's policy of avoiding violence and rejecting any war on the cartels.

But the cartel has already declared war on the government, aiming to eradicate an elite state force known as the Tactical Group which the gang accuses of treating its members unfairly.

“If you want war, you'll get a war. We have already shown that we know where you are. We are coming for all of you,” reads a professionally printed banner signed by the cartel and hung on a building in Guanajuato in May.

“For each member of our firm (CJNG) that you arrest, we are going to kill two of your Tacticals, wherever they are, at their homes, in their patrol vehicles,” the banner read, referring to the cartel by its Spanish initials.

Officials in Guanajuato — Mexico's most violent state, where Jalisco is fighting local gangs backed by the rival Sinaloa cartel — refused to comment on how many members of the elite group have been murdered so far.

But state police publicly acknowledged the latest case, an officer who was kidnapped from his home on Thursday, killed and his body dumped on a highway.

Guanajuato-based security analyst David Saucedo said there have been many cases.

“A lot of them (officers) have decided to desert. They took their families, abandoned their homes and they are fleeing and in hiding,” Saucedo said. “The CJNG is hunting the elite police force of Guanajuato.”

Numbers of victims are hard to come by, but Poplab, a news cooperative in Guanajuato, said at least seven police officers have been killed on their days off so far this year. In January, gunmen went to the home of a female state police officer, killed her husband, dragged her away, tortured her and dumped her bullet-ridden body.

Guanajuato has had the highest number of police killed of any Mexican state since at least 2018, according to Poplab. Between 2018 and May 12, a total of 262 police have been killed, or an average of about 75 officers each year — more than are killed by gunfire or other assaults on average each year in the entire United States, which has 50 times Guanajuato’s population."

More at the link.

After reading that, does anyone here still want to tell me how Americans who have more money, more equipment, better commo, better training, a shit-ton more combat experience, and waaaaay more popular support than any drug cartel) bent on overthrowing the corrupt government would be easily and quickly crushed by agents of the state?

Anyone?

Bueller?

Nothing new here...that's what makes it so maddening when dems open our southern border for votes....

It's just a matter of time before we start seeing the Cartels engaging in gun battles with our border patrol. Along with all other enemies of America, the drug cartels see America as weak and ripe for the picking.

• Banned
It's just a matter of time before we start seeing the Cartels engaging in gun battles with our border patrol. Along with all other enemies of America, the drug cartels see America as weak and ripe for the picking.
That already happens pretty regularly, I'm given to understand. I got contacts with the DPS and they are deploying to the border constantly.

• Banned
My point in the OP is, if a drug cartel can send agents of the state running for their lives in Mexico, then why do so many people assume that the .fed/.gov guys here would be in any better shape?
How many times have I seen someone post something about a SWAT Team knocking at my door at 2am because of something I posted?
And I'm not even a drug dealer, I'm just an opinionated peckerwood with guns and an attitude.

Why do they think that the government is omnipotent?
All the evidence is that it's incompetent.
:dunno:

Consider charges against Obama and his underlings for shipping about 3,000 illegal weapons to Mexican drug cartels during the insane "Operation Fast/Furious".

• Banned
Consider charges against Obama and his underlings for shipping about 3,000 illegal weapons to Mexican drug cartels during the insane "Operation Fast/Furious".
They're not going to do that, politicians don't get prosecuted 95% of the time, and leftist politicians don't get prosecuted 99.9% of the time.

Back to the topic;

Considering what we see happening just a few hours to my south, why are so many people here in the US convinced the government is all-powerful and 80+ million Americans (a large percentage of whom have military training and combat experience at counter-insurgency) should live in fear of them?

Can anyone explain that thinking to me?

Cops in Mexico get a lot more leeway when it comes to use of force, or civil rights issues, and the populace is disarmed by law. In fact, there isn't but one gun store in all of Mexico, and yet, the cops and the federales are still losing.

Would any of those folks who always claim the government is going to wipe out anyone who rises against it like to explain their reasoning to me?
Why the hell would anyone believe nonsense like that?

From the link;
"MEXICO CITY (AP) — The notoriously violent Jalisco cartel has responded to Mexico’s “hugs, not bullets” policy with a policy of its own: The cartel kidnapped several members of an elite police force in the state of Guanajuato, tortured them to obtain names and addresses of fellow officers and is now hunting down and killing police at their homes, on their days off, in front of their families.

It is a type of direct attack on officers seldom seen outside of the most gang-plagued nations of Central America and poses the most direct challenge yet to President Andrés Manuel López Obrador's policy of avoiding violence and rejecting any war on the cartels.

But the cartel has already declared war on the government, aiming to eradicate an elite state force known as the Tactical Group which the gang accuses of treating its members unfairly.

“If you want war, you'll get a war. We have already shown that we know where you are. We are coming for all of you,” reads a professionally printed banner signed by the cartel and hung on a building in Guanajuato in May.

“For each member of our firm (CJNG) that you arrest, we are going to kill two of your Tacticals, wherever they are, at their homes, in their patrol vehicles,” the banner read, referring to the cartel by its Spanish initials.

Officials in Guanajuato — Mexico's most violent state, where Jalisco is fighting local gangs backed by the rival Sinaloa cartel — refused to comment on how many members of the elite group have been murdered so far.

But state police publicly acknowledged the latest case, an officer who was kidnapped from his home on Thursday, killed and his body dumped on a highway.

Guanajuato-based security analyst David Saucedo said there have been many cases.

“A lot of them (officers) have decided to desert. They took their families, abandoned their homes and they are fleeing and in hiding,” Saucedo said. “The CJNG is hunting the elite police force of Guanajuato.”

Numbers of victims are hard to come by, but Poplab, a news cooperative in Guanajuato, said at least seven police officers have been killed on their days off so far this year. In January, gunmen went to the home of a female state police officer, killed her husband, dragged her away, tortured her and dumped her bullet-ridden body.

Guanajuato has had the highest number of police killed of any Mexican state since at least 2018, according to Poplab. Between 2018 and May 12, a total of 262 police have been killed, or an average of about 75 officers each year — more than are killed by gunfire or other assaults on average each year in the entire United States, which has 50 times Guanajuato’s population."

More at the link.

After reading that, does anyone here still want to tell me how Americans who have more money, more equipment, better commo, better training, a shit-ton more combat experience, and waaaaay more popular support than any drug cartel) bent on overthrowing the corrupt government would be easily and quickly crushed by agents of the state?

Anyone?

Bueller?

Good!
The War on Drugs is totally and completely illegal.
No police force ever has the authority to dictate what people do or not do for recreation.
Anyone willing to bust into people homes, kidnap, and imprison them over drugs, need to die.

Good.

The drug cartels are our only chance at true freedom the US.
They are the only counter force to the evil dictators who want to mandate our bodies and our guns.

My point in the OP is, if a drug cartel can send agents of the state running for their lives in Mexico, then why do so many people assume that the .fed/.gov guys here would be in any better shape?
How many times have I seen someone post something about a SWAT Team knocking at my door at 2am because of something I posted?
And I'm not even a drug dealer, I'm just an opinionated peckerwood with guns and an attitude.

We should have been forming our own drug cartels here, to combat the evil gun and drug control government in this country.

Back to the topic;

Considering what we see happening just a few hours to my south, why are so many people here in the US convinced the government is all-powerful and 80+ million Americans (a large percentage of whom have military training and combat experience at counter-insurgency) should live in fear of them?

Can anyone explain that thinking to me?

We need to start striking back at our evil government.
We all knew Prohibition and Vietnam were wrong and evil, but we though maybe the government might get better?
Well they did not.
Instead they lied about WMD in Iraq and started the War on Drugs.
When it that finally too much?

Cops in Mexico get a lot more leeway when it comes to use of force, or civil rights issues, and the populace is disarmed by law. In fact, there isn't but one gun store in all of Mexico, and yet, the cops and the federales are still losing.

Would any of those folks who always claim the government is going to wipe out anyone who rises against it like to explain their reasoning to me?
Why the hell would anyone believe nonsense like that?

Since drugs were made illegal (which is legally impossible to do), then there is so much profit involved that all drug dealers have to be armed.
There is no way to conduct drug sales other than cash due to the laws.
So then all drug dealers have to defend themselves.
They are the only true 2nd amendment defenders.

We should have been forming our own drug cartels here, to combat the evil gun and drug control government in this country.
Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

:45:

Forum List

Back