Syrian Kurds surrounded by IS risk running out of ammo as Turkey controls Kobani’s last escape route

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
I don't know why ammo can't be dropped to these brave Kurds.

Syrian Kurds surrounded by IS risk running out of ammo as Turkey controls Kobani’s last escape route

syriakurd1491.jpg

Smoke rises after an U.S.-led air strike in the Syrian Kurdish town of Kobani October 10, 2014. Photo: Reuters. •See Related Articles
October 10, 2014

GENEVA,— Kurds defending Kobani risk running out of ammunition as the Islamic State of Iraq and Al-Sham surrounds the town and Turkey controls their only outlet, according to a Kurdish lawmaker in Turkey and observers of the fighting in Syria.

While ISIS exploits supply lines through Syria to Iraq, where they’ve seized U.S.-made weaponry abandoned by the Iraqi army, Kobani’s Kurds are encircled on three sides with their backs pressed up against Turkey’s border. That leaves them largely dependent for resupply on a country that brands them as terrorists, defining them as a threat equal to that posed by the Islamist extremists they’re fighting.

Turkish control over the narrowing supply routes for Kobani raises questions about how long the Kurds can hold out against their well-equipped foes. The town’s defenders are militiamen of the YPG, an affiliate of the Kurdistan Workers’ Party or PKK, the separatist group long viewed as Turkey’s top security threat.

Continue reading at:

Syrian Kurds surrounded by IS militants risk running out of ammo asTurkey controls Kobani s last escape route?
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Video in Kabne shows Peshmerga woman who later blew herself up to avoid being captured by ISIS with Italian-Kurd Peshmerga, volunteers, presumably.

"In the video that shows the Kurdish fighter Mirkan Arin , who blew herself up in order not to be taken by ISIS , we can hear background voices of two Italians . The phrase that you feel is distinctly : " What can I tell you ? "

Kobane voci italiane tra i combattenti peshmerga - Repubblica Tv - la Repubblica.it

Forum List

Back