Sympathy for the Devil?

Don't you think we should be holding ourselves to a higher standard than our enemy?

I'm not fan of Obama and I can't stand his endless "blame game" but I fully agree that America should hold itself to the standard that we might expect from our founding fathers. I fully believe in self defense and defense of our nation but we either shoot the enemy dead in combat or we don't. Capturing them then torturing them falls short of an acceptable practice in my opinion. When we, as a nation, openly condone torture then we send a message to our enemy that it's okay for them to torture American soldiers. Yes ... I know ... our soldiers have been tortured by enemies over the years but that what THEY do ... that's not what WE do.

As for Obama's recent pretense of concern we all know that he does what he does for political gain so I find his facade disgusting.

Hard to believe so may conservatives justify torture. Same ones who belong to the religious right

It's starting to make me fucking Ill. they are not only condoning it, but swear that anyone who thinks that this shit is beneath us is some kind of terrorist sympathizer.

It's downright fucking despicable; was wondering when the little bitches who were crying about "those meany drone strikes" where going to go back to calling people unpatriotic for standing up for human rights.

Sick and tired of the assholes on this site thinking with their AM radios - they don't truly have a side, only when the idiot wind blows them to one.

Foxnews was on when I was in the gym today and it was the morning show with the 2 airheads and the blond. They were saying the dumbest things that you would expect to hear on a middle school playground in defense of illegal torture. Then they played a clip of Cheney calling the Senate Report "crap" even though he hadn't even bothered to read a single word of any part of it.

They live in a bubble where everyone but them are wrong. :cuckoo:

I am about fed up with reading the agonizingly pitiful insults from the right over this. It's like I'm back in the "but .. but .. BOOOSH" era of NO ONE being allowed to talk smack on the president.

I can still hear Bill O'LIELY now "It's unpatriotic to criticize the president in a time of war."

Jesus FUCKING Christ!

Well in Fairness, it's not like we have had a President since GW. The Brown Clown doesn't rate as such and at best it rises to nothing beyond the "Peasantpimp of the Union States".

And there's no potential point of pride in that mess.

Isn't that special! Some racist asshat hates Obama ... who'd a thunk.

Hard to believe so may conservatives justify torture. Same ones who belong to the religious right

... They are not only condoning it, but swear that anyone who thinks that this shit is beneath us is some kind of terrorist sympathizer. ...

No American has ever condoned torture. Stressing the human body as a means to encourage honest discourse, from those prone toward deception... is not torture. No more than having to read this endless Leftist drivel is 'torture'.

BUT! Public advocacies which promote the comfort of terrorists, is DEAD CENTER within the concept: "Terrorist Sympathizer".

HORSE SHIT! Get your head out of your ass, you partisan NIT-WIT!

Your concession is duly noted and summarily accepted. (And I want ya to know, that as sad is that feckless little retort was ... it's clear to me that you're doin' the VERY BEST you can, 'bless you're little commie heart.)

FUCK YOU. Go blow it out your hole.

Seriously, its OK that you think you know everything, its not OK that you act like a dick because of it.

So the Dems, trying to deflect from Obama's unmitigated record of failure and disaster, are once again beating the dead horse of Bush-era interrogations. You'd think 6 years of this crap would be enough.
Does anyone else here just find themselves unable to garner sympathy for the likes of Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and his pals in the face of such horrors as being fed Ensure? Compare what we did to what they would have done to Americans given half the chance and I just fail to be outraged.
I agree..........to hell with them.

They are enemies of the United States and humanity in general. They torture and butcher those they capture and deserve what they get.

To those who disagree..........who the F cares.

Yeah, who cares if more than 20% were wrongfully held and our government lied to us while using techniques looked down upon by the international community and, according to this report, weren't even useful in getting information.
The report is a political device and has very little resemblance to the truth.

Stop being such a metosexual and grow a pair.

No one has been tortured, and the worst bit of thinking I have ever had the misfortune of ever hearing or reading is that utter nonsense about how if we don't abuse prisoners, our enemies won't either.

Pull your head out of your ass and join us in the real world.

So the Dems, trying to deflect from Obama's unmitigated record of failure and disaster, are once again beating the dead horse of Bush-era interrogations. You'd think 6 years of this crap would be enough.
Does anyone else here just find themselves unable to garner sympathy for the likes of Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and his pals in the face of such horrors as being fed Ensure? Compare what we did to what they would have done to Americans given half the chance and I just fail to be outraged.
I agree..........to hell with them.

They are enemies of the United States and humanity in general. They torture and butcher those they capture and deserve what they get.

To those who disagree..........who the F cares.

Yeah, who cares if more than 20% were wrongfully held and our government lied to us while using techniques looked down upon by the international community and, according to this report, weren't even useful in getting information.
The report is a political device and has very little resemblance to the truth.

Stop being such a metosexual and grow a pair.

No one has been tortured, and the worst bit of thinking I have ever had the misfortune of ever hearing or reading is that utter nonsense about how if we don't abuse prisoners, our enemies won't either.

Pull your head out of your ass and join us in the real world.
The report was another attempt by Dems to shift the discussion to Bush. They fought to release the "Torture Memos" in 2009. Now they're milking it for all it's worth.
There was no torture. It's like the "Tea Party Shutdown" or "campus rape epidemic" or "war on young black men." Media-made crap to distract from Dem failure.

... They are not only condoning it, but swear that anyone who thinks that this shit is beneath us is some kind of terrorist sympathizer. ...

No American has ever condoned torture. Stressing the human body as a means to encourage honest discourse, from those prone toward deception... is not torture. No more than having to read this endless Leftist drivel is 'torture'.

BUT! Public advocacies which promote the comfort of terrorists, is DEAD CENTER within the concept: "Terrorist Sympathizer".

HORSE SHIT! Get your head out of your ass, you partisan NIT-WIT!

Your concession is duly noted and summarily accepted. (And I want ya to know, that as sad is that feckless little retort was ... it's clear to me that you're doin' the VERY BEST you can, 'bless you're little commie heart.)

FUCK YOU. Go blow it out your hole.

Seriously, its OK that you think you know everything, its not OK that you act like a dick because of it.
Your re-concession is again duly noted and summarily accepted.

ROFLMNAO

Well it appears that 'someone' deleted my post showing ACTUAL Torture... Apparently, actual torture produces too much of a contrast to provide the Left with a point, so it HAD TO GO.

Nothin' particularly fascist about THAT!

ROFLMNAO

Well it appears that 'someone' deleted my post showing ACTUAL Torture... Apparently, actual torture produces too much of a contrast to provide the Left with a point, so it HAD TO GO.

I reported it because it was a rule violation.

Merry Christmas!!! Ho ho ho.

PS Commenting on a specific mod action could be strike two.

And how many people have we BURNED AT THE STEAK, you TRASH TALKING PILE OF CAT SHIT?

You really are not very smart are you?
Irony.
How much information did the KGB glean from sources? What about the Nazis?

The USSR and Nazi Germany are defunct.
That you, Capt Irrelevant.

At least I'm not advocating we endorse torture because it worked for the Nazis and the USSR. Both have been relegated to the dust bin of history.
You're incredibly naive if you think Americans didn't torture Germans and Japanese during the war.

If American prisoners were beaten and waterboarded, the idiots on this forum who don't think that is torture would quickly see the light.

But then they have a backup response to that. It is what I call the "Two Wrongs Make A Right Wing Nazi" gambit. The moral slippery slope that says it is okay to torture prisoners as long as we don't torture or mutilate them in quite the same fashion as the other guys do.

Sheer insanity we are seeing here. Sheer insanity.
Justification of torture usually comes down to:

1. It is not torture when WE do it
2. They deserve to be tortured
3. We are only doing it to save lives
I normally go with #2. Care to dispute it?

ROFLMNAO

ROFLMNAO!

Yeah, that figures.

It just goes to show ya... Ya can't hide a lyin' effeminate male.

They simply will not ALLOW IT!

Your re-re-re-concession is duly noted and summarily ACCEPTED!

(How pathetic do ya have to BE to have contradictory evidence scrubbed from the record? It doesn't GET any more pathetic than THAT, on a message board. Congrats young lady ... ya peaked.)

ROFLMNAO

You 'reported' it, because 'it' refuted your claim.

You're claiming that you reported it because it was a 'rules violation', as a result of the same low moral character and subsequent perverse reasoning, that would not allow you to simply admit you were wrong and note in the thread, openly and honestly, that the videos of actual torture, violated board policy and that such should be removed. This is what honorable people do.

With that said, your re-re-re-re-re-concession is duly noted and summarily accepted.

And as a result, your intellectual means has been determined to have consistently fallen short of the minimal standards required for your point of view to be considered by reasonable people. You are hereby sentenced to life ignore...

HEY! Say hello to the other idiots for me, will ya?

TTFE

Forum List

Back