Sweden

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
In Sweden blood donors get a text when their donation saves a life. Just imagine the amazing buzz that would give you ?

In the UK you get a badge after a few donations and I think you get a tie after 50 pints.

Sweden leads the way.

How does it work in the States ? I understand that you get paid for blood ?

In Sweden blood donors get a text when their donation saves a life. Just imagine the amazing buzz that would give you ?

In the UK you get a badge after a few donations and I think you get a tie after 50 pints.

Sweden leads the way.

In California, they give you a free doobie.

Some people do give blood for money. (is that blood money :5_1_12024:

We also hold blood drives where people donate for free.

After you donate they give you cookies !!!!!

Sweden leads the way.

In California, they give you a free doobie.
Whats a doobie Percy ?

last blood drive i saw at the Red Cross they were handing out 2 bottles of 'MD20-20', 2 bottles of Thunderbird or one fifth of Popov vodka ,

"Dear Friend: Your donation of blood has helped saved the life of a convicted murderer and serial rapist, who was seriously injured upon arrest after escaping from prison. Thank you! Your donations really make the difference!"

Dunno. I, for one, however, appreciate the fine workmanship and accuracy of a Swiss mechanical watch. You guys definitely set the standard there.

"Dear Friend: Your donation of blood has helped saved the life of a convicted murderer and serial rapist, who was seriously injured upon arrest after escaping from prison. Thank you! Your donations really make the difference!"
Do you think that maybe,just maybe, that isnt the whole story ?

last blood drive i saw at the Red Cross they were handing out 2 bottles of 'MD20-20', 2 bottles of Thunderbird or one fifth of Popov vodka ,
Do they still make Thunderbird ?
---------------------------- Don't know but probably --- why , you got a hankerin fer some fine wine Tommy T ??
Its a brand from my teen years. I remember throwing up on it after a school disco. Not sure I could cope with it now.

Sweden leads the way.

They’d be better off establishing a searchable database for people to check their potential partner for an STD...

Sweden; the STD Capital of Europe.
Sweden named Europe's 'sex disease capital'

Sweden leads the way.

They’d be better off establishing a searchable database for people to check their potential partner for an STD...

Sweden; the STD Capital of Europe.
Sweden named Europe's 'sex disease capital'
Is it possible,just possible, to do both ?

Dunno. I, for one, however, appreciate the fine workmanship and accuracy of a Swiss mechanical watch. You guys definitely set the standard there.

Also, they produced H. R. Giger, one of the pre-eminent surrealists of the 20th Century. Points also for that.

Also, they produced H. R. Giger, one of the pre-eminent surrealists of the 20th Century. Points also for that.

Heh. That's right.

And, apparently, aliens are dickheads. How long do you think it'll take for ol Giger's world famous art to be banned from USMB?

rph6qvu83d2cucwssn9r.jpg

Last edited:
Just take a moment and imagine you are having a shitty day in work.
Your phone beeps and you are told that you have saved a life.
What a humbling moment.
I am going to Sweden to give blood just so I canexperience this.

Heh. That's right.

And, apparently, aliens are dickheads. How long do you think it'll take for ol Giger's world famous art to be banned from USMB?

rph6qvu83d2cucwssn9r.jpg

He's talking about Sweden, not Switzerland.

I’m unwilling to give blood, unless I have control over who gets to benefit by its use.

Forum List

Back