Surprising Heart Attack Risks

Whitehall wrote: Eleven thousand people don't prove diddly. I bet most of the heart attack victims were married. Maybe they ate carrots. Who funds this crap?

Rabbits?...

... horses?
:confused:

I thought the post was going to be about a risk not often discussed. A high processed carb diet. Many people, especially women, bought into the low fat, low protein type diets. We have more low fat food choices than ever and Americans have never been bigger. We need fat in our diets, protein and healthy carbs in about 1/3 ratios. Everyone is different as are their lifestyles so the ratios can vary a bit.

I thought the post was going to be about a risk not often discussed. A high processed carb diet. Many people, especially women, bought into the low fat, low protein type diets. We have more low fat food choices than ever and Americans have never been bigger. We need fat in our diets, protein and healthy carbs in about 1/3 ratios. Everyone is different as are their lifestyles so the ratios can vary a bit.

Being vegetarian for more than 30 years, I eat a diet that's higher in carbs than fat and protein. I also have a familial history loaded with heart disease, diabetes and cancer and at 67, I have no sign of any of those. I just had major surgery where my surgeon said he wished all his patients were as healthy as I am. Most who have this surgery stay in the hospital several days. I was there overnight and eating real food that same day. I'm active, slender, have a full head of hair, ear creases and still have a very active sex life.

That is not to say I don't have health issues but none are related to diet.

I'm just one person though. Looking at countless studies shows that we can lessen our risk factors.

I do agree with avoiding processed foods but not just carbs. Eating bacon, ham, sausage - highly processed meats - is suicide. Eating a grilled steak is the same as smoking 600 cigarettes.

I do agree with avoiding processed foods but not just carbs. Eating bacon, ham, sausage - highly processed meats - is suicide. Eating a grilled steak is the same as smoking 600 cigarettes.
I can't get the energy I need from a vegetarian lifestyle. Maybe if I was super good at knowing exactly what to combine, when and how much. I don't believe the 600 cigarette a day deal because many people wouldn't outlive their grills. It's a myth that bacon and ham kills. Certainly if you overdo it but we need the fat and can process it in moderation. Sausage is mystery meat, I avoid things I can't recognize. The carbs put on the pounds and many people think they are a healthy fat because they avoid the traditional culprits.

Forum List

Back