Supreme Court reinstates controversial North Carolina voting measures

Supreme Court reinstates controversial North Carolina voting measures - CSMonitor.com

Countdown to the inevitable race card play...

But this is about voter fraud, not race. Obama was right to worry most his peeps are unaware of the upcoming election.

Same day voter registration provisions I don't have much of a problem with. But voter ID? Its a solution in search of a problem. There is virtually no in person voter fraud. I think Texas found 2 cases in the last 10 years. Nationally, we find about 100 per decade. Meaning you're about 8 times more likely to be struck by lightning than to commit in person voter fraud. The only kind of voter fraud that voter ID laws could possibly touch.

To paraphrase John Stewart, what's next? Unicorn leash laws?

the simple idea that we will not allow some people ( regardless of race for those race baiters) because it happens on the sameday is clearly anti american. Voting is a right.

of course because since this is a more partisan topi, i am sure we wont be getting any purple finger pictures....

the simple idea that we will not allow some people ( regardless of race for those race baiters) because it happens on the sameday is clearly anti american. Voting is a right.

of course because since this is a more partisan topi, i am sure we wont be getting any purple finger pictures....

I don't have a major problem with voter registration limits. There needs to be a reasonable opportunity for the State to discern if you're legally allowed to vote. Which I don't think they can do on the same day you register. Maybe if there were some sort of computerized voter registry or something.

I don't have a major problem with voter registration limits. There needs to be a reasonable opportunity for the State to discern if you're legally allowed to vote. Which I don't think they can do on the same day you register. Maybe if there were some sort of computerized voter registry or something.
i guess so. I mean if we can have waiting periods for guns why not voting. this far out from an election doesnt pass the smell test though

You have plenty of enough time to register to vote there is no need to have same day registry to vote.

It's only partisan if you believe only one party has members too dumb to be able to obtain identification

It's only partisan if you believe only one party has members too dumb to be able to obtain identification

Again, there's virtually no in person voter fraud. When pennsylvania was asked to cite the number of cases of voter fraud that it could have prevented with its proposed Voter ID laws, it couldn't name one.

Not one.

When Texas was asked to cite the number of cases of voter fraud it could have prevented with its Voter ID law....it managed to find two.

In the last 10 years.

Nationally, there are about 100 cases of in person voter fraud each decade. Which breaks down to roughly two cases per state per decade, or 0.3 cases of in person voter fraud per state per election. That's right, on average you have to have 3 elections before you manage ONE case of in person voter fraud a year. That's how rare it is.

To give you some perspective, about 500 people a year get struck by lightning in the US. So the odds of being struck by lightning are roughly 10 times that of committing in person voter fraud in any given year. The only kind of voter fraud that Voter ID laws can possibly effect.

Voter ID laws are a solution in search of a problem. As the issue they 'correct' essentially doesn't exist. And has nothing to do with the integrity of elections. And everything to do with making voting more difficult.

Forum List

Back