Supreme Court Allows Sandy Hook Families' Case Against Remington Arms To Proceed

Discussion in 'Law and Justice System' started by Brain357, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Bob Blaylock

Bob Blaylock Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,937
    Quod erat demonstrandum.

Not even a hint of self-awareness.

2. Bob Blaylock

Bob Blaylock Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,937
    The Nazis were never about defending their own country from foreign invaders. They were about purging their country of those who had as much right to be there, but who the Nazis regarded as less than human. In fact, about whom they had exactly the same attitude that you have about some of your own fellow Americans…

Before you go invoking Godwin's Law, you might want to consider a proverb about glass houses and flying rocks.

3. Ghost of a Rider

Ghost of a Rider Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +976
    Grow up, this is a specious comparison. The Jews didn't have a choice, these people do. They choose to come here, they choose to stay in the detention centers and they have the choice to leave. What's more, they know by now that the detention centers are crowded and they choose to come anyway. Also, the people that choose to come here are either sent back or granted asylum and allowed into the country after they've been processed.

Reductio ad Hitlerum. The Hitler and Nazis comparison is a fallacy and is a sign that you've lost the argument.

How many cops have to be murdered in the line of duty before they should be concerned about being murdered in the line of duty? Again, this is not a contest and I'm not making comparisons. I'm saying that as an officer, there is a real possibility some suspect may suddenly pull a gun and kill you. Therefore, some officers panic. It's not that complicated.

Then why did you post the link at all?

If he - even in jest - alludes to officers planting guns, he simply reinforces the anti-police sentiment sweeping the country and makes their job that much more difficult and dangerous. He's a moron.

4. JoeB131

JoeB131 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,030
    Couldn't even answer my point, could you? YOu've made a choice to belong to a cult... deal with it.

Fetuses aren't people under the law, Mormon Bob. And a good thing, too, as they would have more rights than the woman they are inside if they did.

But getting back to Hitler, what he said about the Jews and what you say about Mexican Americans... really no fucking difference Arguing over who owns the land or who has the right to be here is like two fleas arguing over who owns the dog they are on.

The reality is, we STOLE half the country from Mexico... and you are bitching because they are reasserting themselves?

5. JoeB131

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,030
    YOu realize that exterminating them wasn't Hitler's original plan, right. The plan was to relocate them outside the Reich. The idea of encouraging them to leave by making where they were more miserable than the place they wanted to send them kind of does have a familiar ring.

It's their job to NOT panic. If they are prone to panic, I don't want them to be cops.

Neil Steinberg joking about what cops are doing isn't causing anti-police sentiment.

It's that cops are shooting innocent people and largely not getting held accountable.

If people in Chicago have an anti-Police Sentiment, it's because they saw a video of LaQuan McDonald being shot 16 times when he was lying on the ground. NOT because they read a kind of funny joke that Neil wrote in his column.

6. Bob Blaylock

Bob Blaylock Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,937
    What you call “Trump's Nazi tactics” is his desire, and attempt to enact policies, which enforce this nation's laws, and defend this nation against hostile foreign invasion.

To side with foreign invaders, to give them aid, comfort and support, exactly meets the definition of treason, as found in Article III, Section 3 of the Constitution.

Treason is a capital crime, legitimately punishable by death.

It says a lot about you, that you openly, treasonously take the side of hostile foreign invaders, against that of your own country and of your own fellow Americans.

7. Bob Blaylock

Bob Blaylock Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,937
    Jews and other “undesirables” weren't people under the law, in Nazi Germany. Blacks and Indians weren't people under the law even in the early history of this country.

You're just as wrong as they were.

Invading foreign criminals are not Americans.

And I have nothing against, and have never said anything against legitimate “Mexican-Americans”. I have nothing against anyone who enters and remains in this country legally, in accordance with our laws.

But unlike you, I am not a piece of subhuman traitorous shit, who betrays my country and my fellow Americans, by siding with foreign criminals who illegally invade our country.

8. Ghost of a Rider

Ghost of a Rider Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +976
    Bullshit, irrelevant and fallacious analogy. Again, the choice is entirely theirs to either stay in the crowded detention center or leave. Also, the purpose of the detention center is a place for them to wait while being processed. Always has been. It's crowded because immigration law is being enforced and there are so many of them.

Immigration law needs to be enforced and your snowflake sensitivities are immaterial to that end.

What if they're prone to detest a seventeen year old for smiling? Would they be justified in panicking then? I mean, you panicked so I would think you'd be a little more understanding.

I didn't say it caused it, I said it reinforces it, and it does.

Can you tell me that you don't view the entire law enforcement community with distrust? Are you one to immediately assume that when there's a cop shooting that he panicked or was racist? Or do you wait for the results of the inquiry? Be honest.

The anti-police sentiment is nationwide, not just Chicago. This sentiment has been directly responsible for the assassination of police officers. Remember Baton Rouge? It has also contributed to people harassing officers while they are in the due process of enforcing the law and arresting people. It has also resulted in people being unnecessarily belligerent and uncooperative for no reason other than they are cops.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. JoeB131

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,030
    Actually, no. That was never a part of German law, even under the Nazis. Fetuses have never been people under American law.

Again, guy, your boy is going after people who have been here for decades, some of whom are legitimate immigrants, some of whom were even born here. My neighbor, for instance, was born in Texas, but they tried to claim that her birth documents were forged. This is the shit your Nazis are bringing to our country.

Uh, guy, let's not forget, your Fucking Cult tried to carve out it's own country in 1857.

Utah War - Wikipedia

If there are any traitorous pieces of shit, it was this child molesting piece of shit. .

upload_2020-1-15_4-44-58.jpeg

10. JoeB131

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,030
    For what it costs to put them in a concentration camp, you could put them in a nice hotel. What we were doing before was just fine, most of them stayed with friends and showed up to their hearings.

If a cop shot Smirky McBitchslap, that would be wrong, too. Thinking he's a little entitled punk isn't panicking. Man, talk about White Privilege Butthurt...

Here's the thing. 99% of cops are great guys... but they tend to protect the 1% who aren't. Pretty much like any profession, you have people who should have picked something else on Career Day. Unlike other professions, they don't get rid of the bad apples.

Take the officer who shot LaQuan McDonald. The other cops on the scene didn't whip out their guns and shoot him. They did all file false reports indicating the kid was more of a threat than he actually was. They went to neighboring buildings and erased video evidence. The Police Department up to the Superintendent signed off on the"official" story until someone got a hold of the video tape from one of the police cars that wasn't erased. the FOP went to the mattresses for this guy, spending millions on his defense. The City tried to keep it quiet by paying off the family. .

This cop had 20 complaints by civilians for excessive force prior to this, including one incident where he dislocated a suspect's shoulder and the city had to pay out $375,000.00 in damages. The City of Chicago paid out $180 MILLION in settling police misconduct lawsuits in 2018.

Yes, the police have lost the trust of the community.

Here's the real problem. For years, minorities have rightly complained that police routinely abuse them in a way that white people aren't abused. And white people, being white people, dismissed that for years. Then everyone and his brother got a cell phone with a video camera on it, and now we are seeing how this shit played out.

Yes, anti-police sentiment is growing because we now get to see video of Michael Slager shooting Walter Scott in the back and then trying to plant a weapon on him. We get video of Brian Encinia escalating a bullshit traffic stop on Sandra Bland to an unjustified arrest that led to her death.

I also find it kind of amusing that you think that the shooting of cops is a "tragedy", when you right wing gun nuts INSIST that the reason you done needs you some guns is to fights the government, just like the Founding Fathers did. Well, who do cops work for? THE GOVERNMENT. What did you think that was going to look like?

Or is this another one of those rights you only think applies to White People?