Sunday will be a day of TERROR!

Sep 12, 2008
My boy got his learners permit.

Sunday Morning bright end early we are going to some quiet place and begin driving lessons.

I am going to put both my hands down below the seat cushion, and hold on tight!

Good luck... its not that bad.

Before you know it he will be taxi-ing you around town.

Be sure to enjoy it with him, b/c that was a very exciting time for me as a teenager. :cool:

My daughter and I had a good time with it, and she is now a very responsible driver (at least I hope she is).

Its a big time in a parents life too... congrats!

When my oldest learned to drive, I took her to an empty parking lot and let her get a feel for the car. Did this until she felt comfortable enough to go on the road.

She had to have 1,000 miles on the car before she could get for her license (this took longer than 6 months).

She failed her test the first time. Parallel parking. :mad: Passed with flying colors the second time.

No matter how much driving they do while they have their permit, it takes a bit after they get their license and driving all on their own for them to really, truly 'get it'. Scary being in the car when they are learning; heart stopping the first time they drive away all on their own.

One rule we are adamant about: positively no cell phone/texting while driving.

Good luck.

You only have three more days to get your 5 point restraints installed.

Have you purchased your helmet?

Don't you wish there was a brake pedal on the passenger's side?
:eek:

My son has been driving for several months now. I still get so nervous when he pulls out of the driveway and I have good reason to. Two months ago he got pulled over for doing 52 in a 30. He received a lovely $200.00+ ticket and was awarded a court date and a day off from his AP classes. With the current driving laws in my state and him being a junior driver, his license was taken away for 20 days. He wasn't too bothered by the loss, but I was! For it was ME who had to drive him everywhere again! When his license was returned, I told him that if he plans on doing something so stupid again, then he should plan on taking a taxi everywhere he has to go, cause I'm not doing it again!

Good luck Baruch Menachem. I'm sure you'll both do just fine.

Forum List

Back