Sunday Night Baseball

Bfgrn

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2009
I enjoy Jon Miller and especially the insight of Joe Morgan...

But no one will ever beat Dizzy Dean and Pee Wee Reese...and the Game of the Week...

1963_stan_musial_and_dizzy_dean80155305_std1.332181140.jpg

2871450122_69befceb32.jpg

An English teacher once wrote to "Diz", complaining that he shouldn't use the word "ain't" on the air, as it was a bad example to children. On the air, Dean said, "A lot of folks who ain't sayin' 'ain't,' ain't eatin'. So, Teach, you learn 'em English, and I'll learn 'em baseball."

I don't know about those broadcasters you mention, but the best baseball program I ever saw was "This Week in Baseball" when Mel Allen did it in the late 70s early 80s.

"How 'bout that"?

The music and the slo-mo camera work was something else. I didn't even like baseball that much but I made sure to see that show every week.

I don't know about those broadcasters you mention, but the best baseball program I ever saw was "This Week in Baseball" when Mel Allen did it in the late 70s early 80s.

"How 'bout that"?

The music and the slo-mo camera work was something else. I didn't even like baseball that much but I made sure to see that show every week.

you are still in check, fuckhead. dont slink away again and come back in a week and claim victory you pathetic worm.

"How 'bout that"?

Mel Allen was AWESOME... I loved TWIB...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBeD74f5_6w&feature=related]YouTube - This Week In Baseball - Gathering Crowds[/ame]

Great ballgame tonight...Mariano Rivera gets his 500th save AND his 1st RBI...The Mets WALKED HIM with bases loaded...LOL

NY Yankees 4
NY Metropolitans 2

The Mets looked almost as inept as the Polo Grounds Mets...only thing missing..."Marvelous Marv" Throneberry and Casey Stengel, prompting Casey to say: "I've been in this game a hundred years, but I see new ways to lose I never knew existed before."

stengel.jpg

"How 'bout that"?

There is a website here:

TV Theme Music - T TV Shows - TelevisionTunes.com

that has the music from it (and alot of other songs for older shows as well)...

EDIT: yes that's the song played during the credits, just incredible...

What would be cool would be to see a few of the old episodes, just to see some of the players again from say, 1980 or so.

Gosh, did I love Dale Murphy, he really was an amazing player...

Edit 2:

Here's another song affiliated with the show, played early in the episode IIRC...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnVOZkXDmZc[/ame]

Last edited:

"How 'bout that"?

you are still in check, fuckhead. dont slink away again and come back in a week and claim victory you pathetic worm.

LOL, the sissy is in love, she keeps chasing me all over the forum, hoping I will return her affections :razz:

It must be so frustrating to have been so utterly vanquished and humiliated...did you send my money BTW?

"How 'bout that"?

There is a website here:

that has the music from it (and alot of other songs for older shows as well)...

EDIT: yes that's the song played during the credits, just incredible...

What would be cool would be to see a few of the old episodes, just to see some of the players again from say, 1980 or so.

Gosh, did I love Dale Murphy, he really was an amazing player...

Edit 2:

Here's another song affiliated with the show, played early in the episode IIRC...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnVOZkXDmZc]YouTube - This Week In Baseball Theme By Mike Vickers[/ame]

Great website find...a "keeper"

I have often said, my version of heaven...when I'm pushing daisies, my wish is to be reincarnated and transported back in baseball time. To witness the history of the game in person. I can only imagine being in NYC from the early 20th century on...to see in person "murderers row" Babe Ruth, the greatest player that ever lived, Lou Gehrig, Tony Lazzeri ... to be there when 3 teams played in the City...the Yankees, the Dodgers and the Giants...to jump on the subway every day... to experience the carnival atmosphere of Ebbets Field and see Duke Snider, Jackie Robinson, Gil Hodges, Roy Campanella, Pee Wee Reese, Don Newcombe...off to the Polo Grounds to see the Giants from Monte Irvin to Orlando Cepeda and Willie McCovey and of course the great Willy Mays... and the hallowed baseball ground of Yankee Stadium...the house that Ruth built...Joe Dimaggio, Yogi Berra, and my all time favorite...the "Mick"...number 7 Mickey Mantle...

And, because I'm dead, I can eat whatever the "F" I want...a LOT of hot pastrami on rye at Katz Deli

New Topics

Forum List

Back