SUMMARY of U.S. Intelligence Hacking Report against Russia

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
US intelligence officials have released a report claiming Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered a hidden campaign to influence America's presidential election in favour of Donald Trump over Hillary Clinton.

The report marks the US Government's first formal allegation in support of the sensational claim, which Mr Trump and his supporters have staunchly resisted.

The Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and National Security Agency (NSA) have released an unclassified versionof a more-detailed classified account given to Mr Trump, the White House and congressional leaders.

Any evidence to back up the assertions were withheld from the unclassified version but, the report said, its conclusions were identical to the classified version.

What did the report say?

The report said Russia's actions included hacking into the email accounts of the Democratic National Committee and individual Democrats including Mrs Clinton's campaign chairman, John Podesta.

It said Russia had also used state-funded propaganda and paid "trolls" to make nasty comments on social media platforms:

"Moscow's influence campaign followed a Russian messaging strategy that blends covert intelligence operations — such as cyber activity — with overt efforts by Russian Government agencies, state-funded media, third-party intermediaries, and paid social media users or 'trolls'."​

The report said the Russian effort was both political and personal:

"Russia's goals were to undermine public faith in the US democratic process, denigrate Secretary Clinton and harm her electability and potential presidency. We further assess Putin and the Russian Government developed a clear preference for President-elect Trump."​

The report said Mr Putin likely wanted to discredit Mrs Clinton because he blames her for inciting mass protests against his regime in 2011 and 2012, and resents her for disparaging comments she has made about him.

It found that when it appeared Mrs Clinton might well win the election, Mr Putin turned his focus to undermining her presidency:

"Moscow's approach evolved over the course of the campaign based on Russia's understanding of the electoral prospects of the two main candidates. When it appeared to Moscow that Secretary Clinton was likely to win the election, the Russian influence campaign began to focus more on undermining her future presidency."​

It said the Russian effort was the "boldest yet" intended to effect a US election:

"Russian efforts to influence the 2016 US presidential election represent the most recent expression of Moscow's longstanding desire to undermine the US-led liberal democratic order, but these activities demonstrated a significant escalation in directness, level of activity, and scope of effort compared to previous operations."​

The report said Republican affiliates had also been targeted but not to the same extent:

"Russia collected on some Republican-affiliated targets but did not conduct a comparable disclosure campaign."​

There was no suggestion that Russia affected actual vote counting or tampered with ballot machines, the report said:

"DHS [Department of Homeland Security] assesses that the types of systems Russian actors targeted or compromised were not involved in vote tallying ... We did not make an assessment of the impact that Russian activities had on the outcome of the 2016 election."​

The report also warned of future cyber attacks:

"We assess Moscow will apply lessons learned from its Putin-ordered campaign aimed at the US presidential election to future influence efforts worldwide, including against US allies and their election processes."
More: What does the US intelligence report into election hacking say?

The full 25-page report is also available in the above link.

It just doesn't fucking matter to the republicans...Putin Could Declare this country as his satellite and Trump as his governor and the republicans would cheer.

I agree. It took the Germans a while to wise up to Hitler and his SS.

And just like that the people that disagree with them won't have power for about 4 years...We must be buckled up for the ride but ready to highlight the cluster fuck in 2020 to the people.

It just doesn't fucking matter to the republicans...Putin Could Declare this country as his satellite and Trump as his governor and the republicans would cheer.

I agree. It took the Germans a while to wise up to Hitler and his SS.

And just like that the people that disagree with them won't have power for about 4 years...We must be buckled up for the ride but ready to highlight the cluster fuck in 2020 to the people.

I agree. However, I expect a cluster fuck before 2020.

CIA and NSA...what do those two agencies have in common?

The CIA was recently caught lying to the Senate Oversight Committee over Enhanced Interrogations and Drone Bombing Collateral Civilian casualties.

The NSA was recently caught lying to Congress over Meta-Data Collection and Domestic Spying.

BOTH agencies will see an increase in their budgets to combat a threat that is likely completely manufactured to cover the political failures of Obama, Hillary and the Democratic Party.

Conversely, what will happen to their budgets if the U.S. and the Russian Federation become much closer allies?

Liberals would be the FIRST ones pointing this out, if they didn't have a vested interest in attempting to undermine Trump's Presidency.

Funny that...

The CIA was recently caught lying to the Senate Oversight Committee over Enhanced Interrogations and Drone Bombing Collateral Civilian casualties.

The NSA was recently caught lying to Congress over Meta-Data Collection and Domestic Spying.

BOTH agencies will see an increase in their budgets to combat a threat that is likely completely manufactured to cover the political failures of Obama, Hillary and the Democratic Party.

Conversely, what will happen to their budgets if the U.S. and the Russian Federation become much closer allies?

Liberals would be the FIRST ones pointing this out, if they didn't have a vested interest in attempting to undermine Trump's Presidency.

Funny that...

So, you prefer Russia over American Intelligence agencies. Interesting...

Has anyone received their checks yet from Putin for "trolling" against Crooked Hillary. I signed up for direct deposit myself. :p If we had only known Crooked Hillary and Obama's winding road of excuses for their combined failure would end at "internet trolls." :cuckoo:

So in comparison of the USMB members & the voting population at large........of all the mud slinging on this forum between differing political views & supporters....just how many Clinton supporters changed their minds & voted Trump JUST BECAUSE OF NASTY COMMENTS AGAINST HER?????

What good is this report if they've withheld the evidence to support it?

So in comparison of the USMB members & the voting population at large........of all the mud slinging on this forum between differing political views & supporters....just how many Clinton supporters changed their minds & voted Trump JUST BECAUSE OF NASTY COMMENTS AGAINST HER?????

Well, gee, Lucy, I don't know. I can't imagine why they don't want to divulge classified sources and methods to the general public.

Funny that...

So, you prefer Russia over American Intelligence agencies. Interesting...

I prefer truth to self-serving politically motivated B.S.

Anyone who doesn't see through this smokescreen has an agenda...that includes you.

Why is it so important to you? Not because you actually trust the CIA and NSA. You're misguided, but not a fool. So why? Because it is politically advantageous. Hillary got her ass kicked, and this mitigates some of the damage if you can sell it.

The CIA and NSA get increased funding is they can sell it.

Obama gets to save some face it he can sell it.

But no one but liberals is buying.

Russian hacking wasn't an issue until Hillary lost. Politically convenient.

I was a Cold Warrior. BMP, BTR, HIND, MIG and BEAR identification, Soviet Order of Battle and Doctrine, Motorized Rifle Battalion organization and equipment...that's what I was learning while you were smoking weed and weaving daisies into headwear at U.C. Berkley.

If I can find merit in closer ties with Russia, it might be time for you to give it some serious consideration instead of stirring up shit to cover up the failings of your political party.

Well, gee, Lucy, I don't know. I can't imagine why they don't want to divulge classified sources and methods to the general public.

So just how many Trump supporters influenced Hillary supporters on this board??

..It said Russia had also used state-funded propaganda and paid "trolls" to make nasty comments on social media platforms:

Well, I admit that I made a few nasty comments about the psychotic, corrupt, warmongering, wall street princess

I'd like to think that I made a small contribution to Hillary's defeat but seriously I doubt that anyone decides their vote on what they read on social media

You seem to have a serious obsession with the vast Russian conspiracy comrade but I'm afraid it's going nowhere. Just relax, smoke some medicinal herbs and ask yourself..... what difference does it make?

:coffee:

Funny that...

Why don't the DNC just get Norton? Sounds like a way for Obama to funnel $ to his cronies in the DNC.

Greg

Funny that...

Why don't the DNC just get Norton? Sounds like a way for Obama to funnel $ to his cronies in the DNC.

Greg
They don't want McAfee I can tell you that.

You should be tried before The Hague for such stupidity.

The only foreign country that can really interfere in American election is Israel.
Prominent American professors wrote good books about the Israel Lobby that controls the USA.

http://mearsheimer.uchicago.edu/pdfs/IsraelLobby.pdf

The Israel Lobby and U.S. Foreign Policy[1] is a book by John Mearsheimer, Professor of Political Science at the University of Chicago, and Stephen Walt, Professor of International Relations at the Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University, published in late August 2007. It was a New York Times Best Seller.[2]

The book describes the lobby as a "loose coalition of individuals and organizations who actively work to steer U.S. foreign policy in a pro-Israel direction".[3]

The Israel Lobby and U.S. Foreign Policy - Wikipedia

Why does the dishonest media never talk about Isreli interference in American political process?

Well, because a huge part of this MSM is owned by Israeli citizens.

You should be tried before The Hague for such stupidity.

You commies LOVE your show trials ... don't ya?

tumblr_inline_mhr8axQeoG1qz4rgp.jpg

Forum List

Back