Sudan Keeps Death Moving-UN Stays Static

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Annie, Jul 22, 2004.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Truth is the UN seems incapable of doing anything other than condemning Israel, the US, and pocketing kickbacks.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&ncid=721&e=1&u=/nm/20040721/wl_nm/sudan_darfur_un_dc_1

Excerpt:

2. JIHADTHIS

JIHADTHIS Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Further proof of why the US needs to get out of the UN and the UN needs to be kicked out off the US!

F**K Kofi! :blowup:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    TG! Sometimes I feel like the only one who's is noticing the assinine behavior of the 'international body' that freakin' Kerry wants to bow down to!

On another thread one of his 'supporters', I think deci? acknowledged all the military funding he's voted against, but in support of increasing US funding of the UN by 800%! :bsflag:

4. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    The UN is impotent! If something is going to be done in the Sudan, guess who will be called:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ideas_opinions/story/214383p-184595c.html

Excerpt:

5. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    It's not as though Bush didn't warn em tho. The UNs foot dragging and corrupt methods of NOT dealing with Iraq has made them irrelevent. I say it's time to at least get thier asses out of our country so they can play RISK somewhere else. Our new allies will make themselves known and the play will go on.

6. TheOne

TheOne Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    It seems to me that Annan has been very outspoken about the situation in Sudan. The UN is only powerful when there's enough nations supporting whatever cause the UN is pursuing. Kofi Annan is not the king of the world.

How come Bush hasn't moved US troops in unilaterally? This is a humanitarian crisis and thousands are dying. It seems to me a military move in Sudan would be helpful for Bush because he used unilateral military action in Iraq to respond to a less dire humanitarian crisis. Are you upset that Bush has only pursued diplomacy in the face of such human tragedy?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    :lame2:My dear, do you have trouble reading? I believe there are three links above to help you out.

8. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    Kerry doesn't want to fund OUR military, but he is willing to fund the UN's. And those on the left say that the dems aren't out for world dominance..... geeze!

9. JIHADTHIS

JIHADTHIS Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22
    So the LLL, the EU and the rest of the world who cries "let's take it to the UN" or "you need UN legitamicy" in order to deal with any world crisis aren't really behind the UN?

OK, I can see Bush telling the world right now that he is going into Sudan unilaterally.....
    I can also see the LLL/EU/rest of the world going into an absolute mental meltdown the minute GWB says "military into a foreign country"

:tank:

10. HGROKIT

HGROKIT Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Jihad - not to mention, our military is spread pretty thin right now.

I concurr the UN has got to go. They have not solved a problem in my recent memory.

I feel for those caught in the middle in Sudan. I do not have an answer - other than there are other nations in the world that could step up and help if they could break free of their bondage of the UN and the EU and think for themselves.