Study: Most new Texas jobs went to immigrants

um no, they simply stop growing crops that require human labor as was proven in Georgia.

Fair enough. Either way, those particluar jobs for illegals go away. Problem solved?

and the heavy labor intensive crops that can't be picked by machines go away as well.,..and are exported and we import more food from foreign countries..yeah bright idea...the issue is we need more agricultural visas not that suddenly somehow Americans, white or not are going to take the migrant jobs that they never would take in the first place..most folks won't work in Texas heat for the simple reason it is hot and labor intensive regardless of what it pays.

It doesn't matter who gets the jobs. We need to think about what fuels the illegal immigration and the financial crisis. Like what Ron Paul said about starving the illegal immigrants in the debates, we do not need fences as much as we need to end the welfare, free healthcare, free education, and birthright.

We are all immigrants.

Except for the native Americans.

You are wrong. Those of us born here are native Americans. Those you refer to as native Americans are indigenous Americans. Unless, of course, if you go back to the cradle of civilization, even they emigrated here.

um no, they simply stop growing crops that require human labor as was proven in Georgia.

Fair enough. Either way, those particluar jobs for illegals go away. Problem solved?

and the heavy labor intensive crops that can't be picked by machines go away as well.,..and are exported and we import more food from foreign countries..yeah bright idea...the issue is we need more agricultural visas not that suddenly somehow Americans, white or not are going to take the migrant jobs that they never would take in the first place..most folks won't work in Texas heat for the simple reason it is hot and labor intensive regardless of what it pays.

So what is wrong with importing the food if we cannot legally produce it here, at a price we as consumers are willing to pay? We have basically done that with every other consumable product, already?

so you have no problem sending jobs overseas? Interesting. Shouldn't we worry about keeping our farms and jobs stateside instead of eagerly sending them to foreign sources? So when there is an embargo against us or food is not shipped to us for said reason then our population starves...brilliant.

so you have no problem sending jobs overseas? Interesting. Shouldn't we worry about keeping our farms and jobs stateside instead of eagerly sending them to foreign sources? So when there is an embargo against us or food is not shipped to us for said reason then our population starves...brilliant.

"OUR" jobs? Are you an illegal immigrant?

The problem is simple, you are Wong and live in a unsustainable world of disillusionment. Just because some people close up shop does not mean everyone will, the demand will still be there for the product and the price will adjust to what is needed for farmers to either upgraded to machines needed or to pay the labor force what is needed.

Local farmers like farmers markets will do better if the the giant companies that once needed or just got subsidies go under, also food will be healthier and better tasting if anything. As with anything if a farmer can make hundreds of thousands growing strawberries locally then others will move in that direction bringing prices down… It’s all a very complicated economic system if you keep resisting it for what it is, a incredibly simplistic and natural process that yields the best product for the lowest price.

In fact, it is people like you that have caused higher prices on produce that is quite literally the worst tasting in the world. You believe in resisting the natural economic process and thus we have corruption, illegal labor forces, Government subsidies and so on... And the crap product reflects what you put into it.

Last edited:
Are Republicans actually fighting over minimum wage jobs with no health insurance? Is that how they plan on "getting rich"? I suspect it won't work.

our jobs refers to the US versus exported jobs to a foreign country..amazing how you could possibly think of an exported job as a net benefit to the US....I am not an immigrant to the US...I am a US citizen, born and bred.

Crops Rotting In Georgia Since Illegal Alien Farm Workers Fled State

Georgia’s New Immigration Law Leading To Crops Rotting In Farmers’ Fields

Georgia's Harsh Immigration Law Costs Millions in Unharvested Crops - Megan McArdle - Business - The Atlantic

yep smart to let crops rot and cost the state millions in lost produce.

our jobs refers to the US versus exported jobs to a foreign country..amazing how you could possibly think of an exported job as a net benefit to the US....I am not an immigrant to the US...I am a US citizen, born and bred.

Georgia's Harsh Immigration Law Costs Millions in Unharvested Crops - Megan McArdle - Business - The Atlantic

So....jobs in the US filled by illegal immigrants are "our" jobs? Really? How does that compute in your head, exactly?

It is you are too naive to understand there is a process though. You believe it is better to pay human beings below standard wages that is only accepted and allowed because of corruption in our political system.

First there has to be a purge of the problem, then the demand will reflect the recovery of the farmers and their produce in the area. I’ll bet farmers markets are booming there as they are here in Oregon.

Again, you support the problem, good for you but many of us won’t and don’t.

Last edited:
Avorysuds..Ron Pauls doesn't believe in denying illegal immigrants jobs..in fact, he believes in allowing them to compete on an equal level with you.

I don't care what you think Ron Paul's position on the situation is as you are utterly wrong. Ron Paul talks about the magnets that draw illegal’s here, like Health care, education, parks, housing and tax free jobs and so on.

Again, the reason a farmer can afford to pay these illegal’s is because of subsidies and the fact that tax payers are taking care of all the other bills to keep illegal’s here, like dealing with the bankrupting of hospitals.

BTW, are we talking about illegal’s or legal immigrants? Shipping people in legally is still something I don't agree with because of course there will be corruption as well...

Also farmers can buy land in the middle of nowhere to save money when growing crops. While on one hand that might be good it also proves that illegal immigration has allowed farmers to make these jobs un accessible to most Americans because they makes these farms in incredibly low populated areas, like no population... you know, the would be would force. Instead Americans would have to travel hours just to get to a 5 dollar an hour job.

All made possible once again by an illegal or shipped in work force, subsidies and so on.

Last edited:

It is you are too naive to understand there is a process though. You believe it is better to pay human beings below standard wages that is only accepted and allowed because of corruption in our political system.

First there has to be a purge of the problem, then the demand will reflect the recovery of the farmers and their produce in the area. I’ll bet farmers markets are booming there as they are here in Oregon.

Corporations pay people in China 51 cents an hour and Republicans love corporations. In fact, Republicans believe corporations are "people".

So what is wrong with importing the food if we cannot legally produce it here, at a price we as consumers are willing to pay? We have basically done that with every other consumable product, already?

1/5 of all oil we import goes into food production. This is insane, and you want to add to that? Why on earth would you want to be dependent on a foreign country for your sustenance? What we need is for our government to tell big agra to shove it and subsidize small local high yield sustainable farms instead. Not only will it cut down on oil, but will be healthier than pesticide soaked veggies loaded with chemical fertilizer and very few nutrients. Industrialized farming is killing us. AND this creates many, many jobs in every arable community in this country.

Last edited:

1/5 of all oil we import goes into food production. This is insane, and you want to add to that? Why on earth would you want to be dependent on a foreign company for your sustenance? What we need is for our government to tell big agra to shove it and subsidize small local high yield sustainable farms instead. Not only will it cut down on oil, but will be healthier than pesticide soaked veggies loaded with chemical fertilizer and very few nutrients. Industrialized farming is killing us. AND this creates many, many jobs in every arable community in this country.

How about we simply end all subsidies to farmers in general? Why would we subsidize the smaller farmers? They can ALL stand on their own merit.

As for the illegal's, of course there should be punishment for ILLEGAL workers being utilized but I fail to see the drawbacks on a simple guest worker program. I don't believe in jobs that Americans won't do - that is utter bullshit. Americans come in all stripes and will do any job but I have no issue with immigrants that want to come here legally and work. That should be encouraged. A hard working legal immigrant is far more favorable than a lazy ass citizen.

It doesn't matter who gets the jobs. We need to think about what fuels the illegal immigration and the financial crisis. Like what Ron Paul said about starving the illegal immigrants in the debates, we do not need fences as much as we need to end the welfare, free healthcare, free education, and birthright.

We are all immigrants.

Except for the native Americans.

You are wrong. Those of us born here are native Americans. Those you refer to as native Americans are indigenous Americans. Unless, of course, if you go back to the cradle of civilization, even they emigrated here.

The proper term is 'native-born Americans'

Corporations pay people in China 51 cents an hour and Republicans love corporations. In fact, Republicans believe corporations are "people".
Is this why Jeffie Immelt (Obama's JOB CZAR) is pushing jobs to China, and why Obama touts the Chinese model as the way to go?

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

Forum List

Back