Strong Dollar

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
Assuming current trends continue non-USD investors should get 1-2% currency profits over and above normal market returns from investing in the US. This pattern of investing should continue until the current currency war ends or it gets overdone. Also this trend should start taking off once oil prices bottom out, which is unpredictable but should happen soonish.

So other than LEAP straddles of broad index funds are there other ways of playing this upcoming bubble and bust?

Assuming current trends continue non-USD investors should get 1-2% currency profits over and above normal market returns from investing in the US. This pattern of investing should continue until the current currency war ends or it gets overdone. Also this trend should start taking off once oil prices bottom out, which is unpredictable but should happen soonish.

So other than LEAP straddles of broad index funds are there other ways of playing this upcoming bubble and bust?
I myself am watching the Euro. Now Greece will bash it badly sometime in the next two years but there could be money to be made there. Back in my 20s I was buying the MXD for 350 to 1. Then Carter loaned Mexico money to stabilize it and it then traded at 50 to 1.

I myself am watching the Euro. Now Greece will bash it badly sometime in the next two years but there could be money to be made there. Back in my 20s I was buying the MXD for 350 to 1. Then Carter loaned Mexico money to stabilize it and it then traded at 50 to 1.

Not my style, I don't see anyway to set up a positive carry nor am I sure whether Grexit will strengthen or weaken the Euro.

That said good luck and watch your stop loss maintenance.

Recently euro fell against US dollar by one percent and the reason is Eurozone's economic activity, especially Greece.Moreover, there has been talks about the Greece to leave common currency region. I don't know how much of this wil turn into reality, but if this happens, it is definitely going to affect euro.

Almost more important than the Fed's interest rate is the value of the dollar in comparison to other currencies. The yen and the euro are in serious trouble, and the pound is very vulnerable to contagion. The path Janet Yellen has continued down is reckless, but what the ECB and BOJ have done borders on criminal. While there are not many Bond Vigilantes there are a slew of Currency Vigilantes and they are ready to make their presence known.

The dollar is still the best and most liquid currency choice. It appears the dollar has been in a consolidation period and when the next leg up begins risk will dramatically increase on many fronts. This could signal the onset of the next global crisis to which 2008 was just the warm-up. I give a full view of the problems this will cause in the article below.

Advancing Time Dollar About To Soar

Almost more important than the Fed's interest rate is the value of the dollar in comparison to other currencies. The yen and the euro are in serious trouble, and the pound is very vulnerable to contagion. The path Janet Yellen has continued down is reckless, but what the ECB and BOJ have done borders on criminal. While there are not many Bond Vigilantes there are a slew of Currency Vigilantes and they are ready to make their presence known.

The dollar is still the best and most liquid currency choice. It appears the dollar has been in a consolidation period and when the next leg up begins risk will dramatically increase on many fronts. This could signal the onset of the next global crisis to which 2008 was just the warm-up. I give a full view of the problems this will cause in the article below.

Advancing Time Dollar About To Soar

We haven't had a professional from the capital markets running the Fed since Volcker in the Reagan years. What we do have are academics who haven't played with the big boys before.

Forum List

Back