Strategic Oil Reserves

freeandfun1

VIP Member
Feb 14, 2004
I'm not going to post a link (I will if somebody requests) because I think we all know what the Strategic Oil Reserves are.

The question I am posing is this:

Does it make sense to use our Strategic Oil Reserves just to lower prices for the consumers? I say NO!

Why are the democrats so hot on pushing this point? The reason for the Strategic Oil Reserves is so that we might have oil if our supply is ever disrupted. Not to lower the prices. I can't believe they are even debating this issue!

The Democrats think that releasing that oil will ease prices. What it will do, in reality, is cause OPEC to lower production, keeping prices stable and draining our strategic oil supply.

Terrible, policy, IMO.

Originally posted by freeandfun1
I'm not going to post a link (I will if somebody requests) because I think we all know what the Strategic Oil Reserves are.

Does it make sense to use our Strategic Oil Reserves just to lower prices for the consumers? I say NO!

Why are the democrats so hot on pushing this point? The reason for the Strategic Oil Reserves is so that we might have oil if our supply is ever disrupted. Not to lower the prices. I can't believe they are even debating this issue!

Strategic Oil Reserves are meant for the military. Its a political ploy used to show that the administration does not care about the people.

Originally posted by gop_jeff
The Democrats think that releasing that oil will ease prices. What it will do, in reality, is cause OPEC to lower production, keeping prices stable and draining our strategic oil supply.

Terrible, policy, IMO.

I totally agree. This is just another example of how the left politicizes issue that are beyond our control!

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
Strategic Oil Reserves are meant for the military. Its a political ploy used to show that the administration does not care about the people.

Precisely.

Meanwhile OPEC is planning on meeting in Holland with some members supporting the idea of raising production to capitalize on the current high prices.

No.

They were created when we were black mailed by Iran.

They are there in case we have a shortage due to embargo's, war, or calamities.

They are called reserves for a reason.

There aren't enough strategic reserves to lower anything much less supply any real needs.

Forum List

Back