Strange weather event

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Yesterday sitting on my porch enjoying the nice day, I suddenly noticed it beginning to rain. But most of the sky in my view was blue and clear. So thinking maybe someone was on the roof with a hose I leaned out to glance up at the sky, and while there was no one with a hose in sight, there was what seemed like a rain cloud overhead. Getting my things together to go inside, I began to notice it wasn't raining everywhere or moving. It was only raining in a shaft about 15 to 20 feet wide. Watching it intently now, I was amazed to see it was surely raining, but glancing around, just in that one tiny spot. Wasn't raining on me adjacent, nor anywhere else.

Was like the old Coyote n Roadrunner cartoons where Coyote gets a Acme pill that makes it rain, and the result of course is a little storm cloud raining on only him, even following him around as he tries to escape it. Rained in all for maybe 2 minutes then stopped for the rest of the day.

Guess the cloud that rained wasn't moving, did its' thing then stopped. First time for me. Other than cartoons, I've never seen anything like it before. :)

Yesterday sitting on my porch enjoying the nice day, I suddenly noticed it beginning to rain. But most of the sky in my view was blue and clear. So thinking maybe someone was on the roof with a hose I leaned out to glance up at the sky, and while there was no one with a hose in sight, there was what seemed like a rain cloud overhead. Getting my things together to go inside, I began to notice it wasn't raining everywhere or moving. It was only raining in a shaft about 15 to 20 feet wide. Watching it intently now, I was amazed to see it was surely raining, but glancing around, just in that one tiny spot. Wasn't raining on me adjacent, nor anywhere else.

Was like the old Coyote n Roadrunner cartoons where Coyote gets a Acme pill that makes it rain, and the result of course is a little storm cloud raining on only him, even following him around as he tries to escape it. Rained in all for maybe 2 minutes then stopped for the rest of the day.

Guess the cloud that rained wasn't moving, did its' thing then stopped. First time for me. Other than cartoons, I've never seen anything like it before. :)
Inverse of your story... Once when I was around 12 there was a big rain storm... no lightning.. it was raining everywhere but about a 20 yard circle right around my backyard gym set for about 15min till it stopped raining we sat out there playing as we celebrated our good fortune.

Inverse of your story... Once when I was around 12 there was a big rain storm... no lightning.. it was raining everywhere but about a 20 yard circle right around my backyard gym set for about 15min till it stopped raining we sat out there playing as we celebrated our good fortune.

Neat. That sorta event was depicted in "Thor: Dark World" :) Only seen mine in old cartoons. :)

Forum List

Back