Stopping trolls from making life miserable is nearly impossible

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
ThinkstockPhotos-496431242.jpg

I'm sure administrators and moderators go nuts trying to deal with them. But, just how do you tell the difference between a troll and an enthusiastic poster with lots of time on his or her hands? And some of their attacks can really be nasty. One of the reasons I do my best to avoid social media sites outside of Google+. An interesting article @ Stopping trolls from making life miserable is nearly impossible And, oh year, the R/J shut down its discussion forum due to trolls.

ThinkstockPhotos-496431242.jpg

I'm sure administrators and moderators go nuts trying to deal with them. But, just how do you tell the difference between a troll and an enthusiastic poster with lots of time on his or her hands? And some of their attacks can really be nasty. One of the reasons I do my best to avoid social media sites outside of Google+. An interesting article @ Stopping trolls from making life miserable is nearly impossible And, oh year, the R/J shut down its discussion forum due to trolls.

Our site made 3 groups just for them. Works ok. I like the ban them approach but start restricting speech and people, not just trolls, go to less restrictive sites.

th

Your enthusiasm, if that's what you want to call it, is a little overwhelming at times.

I generally prefer quality over quantity.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:cool:

But without that quantity we may never have known about "World Toilet Day"....

th

Your enthusiasm, if that's what you want to call it, is a little overwhelming at times.

I generally prefer quality over quantity.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:cool:

But without that quantity we may never have known about "World Toilet Day"....

Are you insinuating something? :rolleyes:

Moi??
Why no, I thought that thread was flush with relevance.
Some people said it was full of shit. I told them to piss off.

Forum List

Back