Stopped by to see if PE2k Refugees are ok

legaleagle_45

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
The rain soaked place
Ok, this is different. Might have a few more posts here than at yahoo.. I asume trolls are not going to be a major issue here?

Mostly a law kinda guy with some expertise in 2nd Amend issues. I consider myself a pragmatic libertarian, but hold many "liberal views" which are really libertarian views.

I like people who make me think and I like to make people think.

Ok, this is different. Might have a few more posts here than at yahoo.. I asume trolls are not going to be a major issue here?

Mostly a law kinda guy with some expertise in 2nd Amend issues. I consider myself a pragmatic libertarian, but hold many "liberal views" which are really libertarian views.

Welcome to the forum legaleagle.

Hi, legaleagle. This sure is a huge forum. Welcome! I am also a newbie.

I've been perusing many of the message boards and am kind of overwhelmed! Can you tell me what the deal is with PE2K and PE 2000? It seems there are quite a few individuals talking about those.

Thanks!

I've been perusing many of the message boards and am kind of overwhelmed! Can you tell me what the deal is with PE2K and PE 2000? It seems there are quite a few individuals talking about those.

Thanks!

PE2K and PE2000 refer to the same thing. It was a message board on Yahoo for discussion of the Year 2000 Presidential Election (yeah the one involving Bush and Gore). Thus PE= Presidential election and 2k and 2000 both refer to 2000 (k being a symbol oft times used to denote thousand ). People on that board bonded with each other over the 13 year life of the board. Even amongst adversaries... a love hate relationship reminicent of famlies, you may really hate your wierd cousin Harold and think he is a stupid oaf... but hey, he is your weird cousin Harold after all. Anyway, the powers that be over at Yahoo decided to shut down all their Message boards, so many are migrating here.

Now, turnaround is fair play... Can you tell me how I can get my profile picture to appear?

Thanks!

Thanks!

PE2K and PE2000 refer to the same thing. It was a message board on Yahoo for discussion of the Year 2000 Presidential Election (yeah the one involving Bush and Gore). Thus PE= Presidential election and 2k and 2000 both refer to 2000 (k being a symbol oft times used to denote thousand ). People on that board bonded with each other over the 13 year life of the board. Even amongst adversaries... a love hate relationship reminicent of famlies, you may really hate your wierd cousin Harold and think he is a stupid oaf... but hey, he is your weird cousin Harold after all. Anyway, the powers that be over at Yahoo decided to shut down all their Message boards, so many are migrating here.

Now, turnaround is fair play... Can you tell me how I can get my profile picture to appear?

Thanks!

Thank you for your quick response and explanation. A message board that lasted 13 years is really incredible. It's amazing that individuals even held an interest for that long.

You can go into the profile to upload a photo--is that what you are asking? I haven't figured out how to make mine appear in the message area.

Are you an attorney? If so, have you argued any second amendment cases at the appellate level?

Quote: Originally Posted by OklaSusie You can go into the profile to upload a photo--is that what you are asking? I haven't figured out how to make mine appear in the message area.

Did that, but I have not figured haow to make my picture appear either...

Quote: Originally Posted by OklaSusie Are you an attorney? If so, have you argued any second amendment cases at the appellate level?

Yes and yes...

:eusa_shhh:

Welcome to USMB, legaleagle45. Hope you enjoy the boards. :)

Quote: Originally Posted by OklaSusie You can go into the profile to upload a photo--is that what you are asking? I haven't figured out how to make mine appear in the message area.

Quote: Originally Posted by OklaSusie Are you an attorney? If so, have you argued any second amendment cases at the appellate level?

Yes and yes...

Welcome from PK2 land :thewave:2

Yes and yes...

I can't figure the picture thing out. If I do I will message you or reply again with the answer.

Do you feel confiscation of arms is a reality or more of a hype and fear tactic? I cannot believe we'd have total confiscation of weapons but believe the second amendment is necessary.

The editing feature here is really cool. I just want you to know I just googled that Yahoo message board and OMG, a lot of those individuals are just plain nasty and have no manners! I hope none of the nasty ones came to this message board!

Last edited:
Hi and welcome! I see you figured out the avatar thing. It will take a bit getting used to, but this board is pretty big and has lots of gadgetry and perks and fun stuff to play with in your user cp (control panel)..which is located in the upper left corner of the screen. Lots of forum, lots of topics, lots of people. Leave bread crumbs for yourself. :)

Yes and yes...

I can't figure the picture thing out. If I do I will message you or reply again with the answer.

Do you feel confiscation of arms is a reality or more of a hype and fear tactic? I cannot believe we'd have total confiscation of weapons but believe the second amendment is necessary.

You can't message anyone until you have 50 posts. Reason for that being, it stops spammers from pm'ing members.

Susie..go to your USER CP. Once there, look on the left side of your screen. In the control panel it will say EDIT AVATAR. That is where you insert your pic.

Susie..go to your USER CP. Once there, look on the left side of your screen. In the control panel it will say EDIT AVATAR. That is where you insert your pic.

Gracie, thanks for your help--I will try it! Also, thanks for the information concerning messages. I forgot about that rule. I'll get used to the rules eventually!

That same area is where you adjust the board to your preferences of pm's, your personal details, etc. The only thing I have not figured out yet is how to stop from automatically subscribing to a thread once I post in it. So..I just clean them out now and then to keep it neat and tidy.

-----------------------------

Hey legal

nice to see you on the board

Welcome to the insane asylum. Many think it's a message board but we "residents" know better. Loosen up your five point restraints, get the nurse to undo your strait jacket and jump right in. By the way, if you forgot to bring a straight jacket, I have plenty in stock, for a nominal price...... I also sell brain and eye bleach, it'll frequently comes in handy.

Last edited:
gasping for it's last breaths. Kind of pathetic to watch.

Forum List

Back