Stolen mail

Joz

Mar 9, 2004
My mail was stolen yesterday.
The police & the post office pretty much said, "too bad".
The neighbors I asked said they saw no one.
I can't believe people.

Joz said:
I can't believe people.

RWA did it---he does everything

Joz said:
I can't believe people.
I hope it was all bills! :laugh:

Thing is, I don't know. Mm was going into the studio so while I was waiting to leave, I took out some of the junk, like sale papers and threw them away. Stuck the mail back in the box, closed the lid and left. When I went to get the mail, nada.

Joz said:
Thing is, I don't know. Mm was going into the studio so while I was waiting to leave, I took out some of the junk, like sale papers and threw them away. Stuck the mail back in the box, closed the lid and left. When I went to get the mail, nada.
Well in any case, a one time 'whoops' won't cost you a thing. It does suck, for sure.

Joz said:
this is why i pay everything online via bill pay or the vendors' website and I sign up for electronic billing (receiving via email or a link to access the bill after logging into the site) whenever offered. I haven't received a paper bank statement in 4 years, although i don't even open my emailed ones because I check my balances and transaction histories almost daily, so its kinda pointless. Plus I don't have to worry about holidays or postal delays in payments and checks getting lost, etc.

my point is you may want to think about doing this. that way, the only person that sees your info is you, because the bill companies' websites (especially financial instituitions) are highly secured and tested regularly. If anything went wrong as far as security and your info being compromised, it's their ass and not yours, where as your mail being stolen, you get the situation you are in now.

Forum List

Back