States consider drug tests for welfare recipients Mar 26 2009

naw... Allie Baba thinks that welfare recipients should have nothing but the best. Thursday night is Caviar and Krystal night in the poor house, you know!

I don't think there is anyone from the right wing that is more right leaning than allie, in most all areas of politics, but this one.

This should be noted!

The ONLY reason I could think of that makes sense on why Allie has taken this fairly liberal and compassionate position regarding welfare for the indigent and their children, has to be her witnessing first hand, the dire straights these people are in and taking away their minimal welfare help will not in any way help them or their children or all of us I suppose in the long run...and she recognizies the waste in spending money to drug test them ALL when this money could actually be used to feed someone or help with putting a roof over a homeless family's head...

I realize your ability to recognize this was skewed by your already chosen position on this topic, but Allie's position comes from her experience with dealing with these people on a daily basis....and it is FAR FROM what I would have expected from her considering most of her other stances on issues, so it should be recognized and noted as someone taking the opposite position than most of her political friends and that she is speaking with first hand knowledge on this topic....imo.

care

They aren't your employees. Sorry, your power doesn't extend that far.

You're just mad because you hate attending the job readiness programs you have to attend in order to get bennies, Shoog. Now stop using the employment department's computers to surf the web and find a job, loser.

right.. because Civil Servant implies autonomy from the will of the public that hires elected officials via polls...

:cuckoo:

hey, bitch... I get to do all of this because I am self sufficient. If your mealticket acted in kind you might find yourself unemployed with nothing to keep making excuses for. Hell, do you think anyone misses how funny it is that your usual right wing ass leaped to defend the very system that puts food in your mouth?

No, what I hate is irresponsible motherfuckers and the enablers they rely on. In this case, you and your status quo employment

Lol. As I said, you aren't the boss, and being a tax payer (hey, I'm a tax payer. I've probably paid more than you have) doesn't make you the boss. So no matter how incredibly and irrationally angry it makes you to see people who have foodstamps also have cable television (oh wait, that's the baby mama's) and purchase birthday cakes for their kids, you have no say, except as a single voter.

The fact is, you don't know their situations or what motivates them. Work with them and see how many different stories there are and maybe you'd learn something. It doesn't matter who they are, you have no right to demand that any population of people be more accountable, or have more restrictions placed on them, than you do. It was wrong to make Jews wear yellow stars, live in designated areas, and answer to any call from the government, and it's just as wrong to expect welfare recipients to eat different food and have to line up for piss tests in order to get that food, besides being censured by every self-righteous dick they stand in front of at the grocery store.

They aren't your employees. Sorry, your power doesn't extend that far.

You're just mad because you hate attending the job readiness programs you have to attend in order to get bennies, Shoog. Now stop using the employment department's computers to surf the web and find a job, loser.

right.. because Civil Servant implies autonomy from the will of the public that hires elected officials via polls...

hey, bitch... I get to do all of this because I am self sufficient. If your mealticket acted in kind you might find yourself unemployed with nothing to keep making excuses for. Hell, do you think anyone misses how funny it is that your usual right wing ass leaped to defend the very system that puts food in your mouth?

No, what I hate is irresponsible motherfuckers and the enablers they rely on. In this case, you and your status quo employment

Lol. As I said, you aren't the boss, and being a tax payer (hey, I'm a tax payer. I've probably paid more than you have) doesn't make you the boss. So no matter how incredibly and irrationally angry it makes you to see people who have foodstamps also have cable television (oh wait, that's the baby mama's) and purchase birthday cakes for their kids, you have no say, except as a single voter.

The fact is, you don't know their situations or what motivates them. Work with them and see how many different stories there are and maybe you'd learn something. It doesn't matter who they are, you have no right to demand that any population of people be more accountable, or have more restrictions placed on them, than you do. It was wrong to make Jews wear yellow stars, live in designated areas, and answer to any call from the government, and it's just as wrong to expect welfare recipients to eat different food and have to line up for piss tests in order to get that food, besides being censured by every self-righteous dick they stand in front of at the grocery store.

HA!

yea, baba.. nothing says WEALTH quite like a standard issue welfare administrator! yea, you sure do probably pay more taxes than me!

:rofl:

Actually, paying taxes is EXACTLY what that makes tax payers. did you think policy makers are imprevious to being removed by TAX PAYERS? Hell, i've seen your kind try and invoke as much over a blowjob. Get over yourself, baba.

Remember, THIS DRUG TEST policy is SPREADING. It's not being stomped out just because you think poor people should be given tax based Caviar and Krystal.

And yes, I DO have authority to mandate that the sample of our pouplation that TAKES STATE SUPPORT BASED ON TAXES meets a specific requirement. Ask Catholic Charities and the Boy Scouts all about that.

JEWS are not jews only if they take money from tax payers via government programs so, right off, your fucking analogy fails. So, yes, in fact, we DO have a prerogative to insist that poor people who are milking the system are not out eating caviar and imported champaign. But, what ELSE would one expect an enabler to believe? of COURSE the crackhead should be given his pipe!

naw... Allie Baba thinks that welfare recipients should have nothing but the best. Thursday night is Caviar and Krystal night in the poor house, you know!

I don't think there is anyone from the right wing that is more right leaning than allie, in most all areas of politics, but this one.

This should be noted!

The ONLY reason I could think of that makes sense on why Allie has taken this fairly liberal and compassionate position regarding welfare for the indigent and their children, has to be her witnessing first hand, the dire straights these people are in and taking away their minimal welfare help will not in any way help them or their children or all of us I suppose in the long run...and she recognizies the waste in spending money to drug test them ALL when this money could actually be used to feed someone or help with putting a roof over a homeless family's head...

I realize your ability to recognize this was skewed by your already chosen position on this topic, but Allie's position comes from her experience with dealing with these people on a daily basis....and it is FAR FROM what I would have expected from her considering most of her other stances on issues, so it should be recognized and noted as someone taking the opposite position than most of her political friends and that she is speaking with first hand knowledge on this topic....imo.

care

Do you think that no one else has ever seen poverty, welfare or dire straits? Gimme a fucking break. When MY family recieved public assistance when I was a child we didn't make excuses for frivolous bullshit up to and including drugs. Baba is not the mouthpiece for our national food stamp program just because it puts food in HER mouth. After all, the MORE resources that goes to pay abusers the LESS resources available to spread around to those who need it. To believe that there should be no standard of personal responsibility while the tax payer keeps getting dicked in the ass with weed subsidies is just retarded as hell. But, even MORE fucking retarded is the idea that her employment preservation paints a valid picture of a system being abused left and fucking right by people who SHE thinks should be given a goddamn gold plate to match the gold foodstamp card..

Last edited:

HA!

yea, baba.. nothing says WEALTH quite like a standard issue welfare administrator! yea, you sure do probably pay more taxes than me!

Actually, paying taxes is EXACTLY what that makes tax payers. did you think policy makers are imprevious to being removed by TAX PAYERS? Hell, i've seen your kind try and invoke as much over a blowjob. Get over yourself, baba.

Remember, THIS DRUG TEST policy is SPREADING. It's not being stomped out just because you think poor people should be given tax based Caviar and Krystal.

And yes, I DO have authority to mandate that the sample of our pouplation that TAKES STATE SUPPORT BASED ON TAXES meets a specific requirement. Ask Catholic Charities and the Boy Scouts all about that.

JEWS are not jews only if they take money from tax payers via government programs so, right off, your fucking analogy fails. So, yes, in fact, we DO have a prerogative to insist that poor people who are milking the system are not out eating caviar and imported champaign. But, what ELSE would one expect an enabler to believe? of COURSE the crackhead should be given his pipe!

You remain without authority, except to piss and moan, stamp your feet and throw nasty looks at poor people buying non-regulation, brand name pickles. Damn those irresponsible pigs! How dare they watch Dora the Explorer on cable tv on your 15 cents a month!

Until we have mob rule for the government, sorry, you do your little bit in the voting booth, and then you hire administrators, policy analysts, and people to be my boss. It still isn't you, asswipe. And you certainly aren't the boss of the welfare recipients because IT'S AN ENTITLEMENT PROGRAM AND THEY AREN'T "OWNED" BY ANYONE. We created that program as an entitlement to people who need it.

HA!

You remain without authority, except to piss and moan, stamp your feet and throw nasty looks at poor people buying non-regulation, brand name pickles. Damn those irresponsible pigs! How dare they watch Dora the Explorer on cable tv on your 15 cents a month!

Until we have mob rule for the government, sorry, you do your little bit in the voting booth, and then you hire administrators, policy analysts, and people to be my boss. It still isn't you, asswipe. And you certainly aren't the boss of the welfare recipients because IT'S AN ENTITLEMENT PROGRAM AND THEY AREN'T "OWNED" BY ANYONE. We created that program as an entitlement to people who need it.

I guess you might want to scroll back to page one and remember how the OP states that this initiative is spreading across multiple states, eh baba? You want to talk about pissing and moaning this early in the game? REALLY?

and yes, if THEY can't afford fucking cable then INDEED how dare they. Hey, baba, you may want to pay for the caviar but the rest of us will pass, thanks. And, if you can't afford brand name fucking pickles then what the fuck makes you think they DESERVE brand name pickles? Talk about ENTITLEMENT. Again, the rich irony of your take on this issue.

When you stop smoking crack you might want to, again, remember what article I stared this thread with. The idea that tax payers via government don't OWN the fucking FS program is just asinine. You think FS CANT be diminished? Welfare in general? :lol: CLEARLY you don't pay attention of politics if this is the sum total of your observation. I guess you were too busy looking for a presidential dick to impeach circa 1996.

I think the rub most people have concerning welfare recipients is how the money is spent. I think now most welfare benefits are distributed via a credit card. This eliminated a lot of the embarrassment of standing in the grocery line and having others watch you pay with food stamps. However, there are restrictions on what purchases can be made. For instance, you cannot purchase tobacco products or alcohol. Regardless, people do get around this by selling their card. The same would hold true if drugs were purchased. However, the benefit is intended to feed adults and children. Adults can manage but it's the children that suffer. Things would be fine if we could buy a bag of grocery's and deliver to their residence but it doesn't work that way. As example, I belong to a charitable organization that once a year takes a group of children on a shopping spree. We buy them shoes, clothing, coats and the like. Over the years we learned the hard way not to provide the receipts, because the parents would return the clothing for refunds and spend the money. Maybe the intent of people supporting drug testing is to provide a layer of protection the money is not being spent on drugs.
gb

The real rub is that people think they're being "ripped off" by welfare beneficiaries, and so they want to stick it to them and punish them for their own frustrations in life. They imagine all these lazy welfare queens sitting around, partying and living high on the hog on the public dime, and they want to put them in their place and make them understand that they should be MISERABLE, damn it!

The problem is that if you assume that welfare exists to try to help people, the fact is that you won't accomplish that by trying to make the system punitive and even more controlling than it already is.

The system is there and it's an entitlement program. If you want to make it into something else, fine, but don't call it an entitlement program then. Because the government has no right to call something "entitlement" but in acutality use it to exert control over people who have no power themselves.

I think the rub most people have concerning welfare recipients is how the money is spent. I think now most welfare benefits are distributed via a credit card. This eliminated a lot of the embarrassment of standing in the grocery line and having others watch you pay with food stamps. However, there are restrictions on what purchases can be made. For instance, you cannot purchase tobacco products or alcohol. Regardless, people do get around this by selling their card. The same would hold true if drugs were purchased. However, the benefit is intended to feed adults and children. Adults can manage but it's the children that suffer. Things would be fine if we could buy a bag of grocery's and deliver to their residence but it doesn't work that way. As example, I belong to a charitable organization that once a year takes a group of children on a shopping spree. We buy them shoes, clothing, coats and the like. Over the years we learned the hard way not to provide the receipts, because the parents would return the clothing for refunds and spend the money. Maybe the intent of people supporting drug testing is to provide a layer of protection the money is not being spent on drugs.
gb

The real rub is that people think they're being "ripped off" by welfare beneficiaries, and so they want to stick it to them and punish them for their own frustrations in life. They imagine all these lazy welfare queens sitting around, partying and living high on the hog on the public dime, and they want to put them in their place and make them understand that they should be MISERABLE, damn it!

The problem is that if you assume that welfare exists to try to help people, the fact is that you won't accomplish that by trying to make the system punitive and even more controlling than it already is.

"helping" people is not a code word for "enabling laziness or drug use". Yes, people who abuse a charity system should not qualify for MORE CHARITY. Can I HAVE 50 bucks from you so that I can go buy a sack after work? please? I'll show you my sad, "flies on my eyeballs" pose if you need a heartstring pulled... Besides, if tax payers have to work then why the hell would you NOT assume that welfare recipients do the same?? So yes, THEY TOO should be miserable and drag their asses out of bed instead of smoking bongs and playing playstation all day.

and you are wrong. By focusing benefits on those who are not abusers you actually help MORE of those who need it rather than enable those whose income, apparently, is better spent on blunts.

The system is there and it's an entitlement program. If you want to make it into something else, fine, but don't call it an entitlement program then. Because the government has no right to call something "entitlement" but in acutality use it to exert control over people who have no power themselves.

Again, while you were busy hunting for presidential dick to impeach YOUR political likenesses were busy solidifying a new pact with American that included welfare reform. DONT think that this shit is set in stone. it's really not.

Welfare reform, which included more programs to actually assist people in becoming self sufficient, was the best thing that ever happened to welfare. But the concept wasn't to punish people for being irresponsible...the concept was to spend money on things that had an immediate, positive effect on their lives.

Give them $60 a month to pay for transportation, pay for child care, and require them to attend a certain number of hours of employment training. Come up with case plans that actually put power into their hands instead of taking it out of their hands.

Those are good things, because they actually move people in a direction of self sufficiency.

Bad things are making it impossible for people who are at rock bottom, who have nothing and nowhere else to turn, to get foodstamps.

The way it's set up now, anyone who is expedited ($0 money, no prospects) can get food stamps that day. Maybe they're homeless, maybe they're coming down off a binge, maybe it's a DV case where a woman has had the crap beaten out of her and she's out of her house. Anyway, to refuse those people FOOD STAMPS because they test positive for drugs will guarantee an ugly, huge and pathetic population of destitute children. You won't be able to miss them, and you can comfort yourself all you want with the thought that the parents of those kids didn't get to buy their fucking cold deli meats that you enjoy because (gasp) they tested positive for dope.

What we do is get them to a sitting position..and the more assistance they need, the more responsible they need to be..but it's a process, and we aren't TRYING to deny benefits to people. We want to help people, and if you were half a man, you'd want to, too. You hate the churches who would take our place if we weren't here, you despise missionaries, this is what you've got. Unless you want to just put them out of their misery, you have to assist them. These are CHARITY cases and someone has to be charitable to them. We're set up that we have a certain amount of money for the government to do it, and there's nothing wrong with that. Right now is about as good as it will ever function, about as even keel as it's ever going to be. Start messing with it and you will have an ungodly mess.

Welfare reform, which included more programs to actually assist people in becoming self sufficient, was the best thing that ever happened to welfare. But the concept wasn't to punish people for being irresponsible...the concept was to spend money on things that had an immediate, positive effect on their lives.

Give them $60 a month to pay for transportation, pay for child care, and require them to attend a certain number of hours of employment training. Come up with case plans that actually put power into their hands instead of taking it out of their hands.

Those are good things, because they actually move people in a direction of self sufficiency.

Bad things are making it impossible for people who are at rock bottom, who have nothing and nowhere else to turn, to get foodstamps.

The way it's set up now, anyone who is expedited ($0 money, no prospects) can get food stamps that day. Maybe they're homeless, maybe they're coming down off a binge, maybe it's a DV case where a woman has had the crap beaten out of her and she's out of her house. Anyway, to refuse those people FOOD STAMPS because they test positive for drugs will guarantee an ugly, huge and pathetic population of destitute children. You won't be able to miss them, and you can comfort yourself all you want with the thought that the parents of those kids didn't get to buy their fucking cold deli meats that you enjoy because (gasp) they tested positive for dope.

What we do is get them to a sitting position..and the more assistance they need, the more responsible they need to be..but it's a process, and we aren't TRYING to deny benefits to people. We want to help people, and if you were half a man, you'd want to, too. You hate the churches who would take our place if we weren't here, you despise missionaries, this is what you've got. Unless you want to just put them out of their misery, you have to assist them. These are CHARITY cases and someone has to be charitable to them. We're set up that we have a certain amount of money for the government to do it, and there's nothing wrong with that. Right now is about as good as it will ever function, about as even keel as it's ever going to be. Start messing with it and you will have an ungodly mess.

I don't want to see kids going hungry because their mother is struggling to beat a drug habit and had a moment of bad judgement. And before anyone glibly suggests that she just shouldn't have her children at all, I don't want to see families split up and children consigned to the cold, ugly foster care system simply because their mother can't manage perfection fast enough to suit some people.

Exactly. Besides which, there aren't enough foster homes for the kids in the system now.

The State rep. down in Louisiana that proposed the drug testing bill there, is the same guy who proposed incentive payments for welfare mothers to get sterilized.

These are the kind of pricks we're dealing with.

Sigh. It looks like he's a Republican.

Who? Me? I'm neither. Democrats seem to think, "It seemed like a good idea at the time" is an appropriate motivation, and the Republicans don't appear to have a complete set of testicles amongst them. I can't respect people who don't respect the rule of law and think that government is good, noble, and benevolent, and I can't respect people who are ashamed of their own principles and don't have the spine to stand up for them. So I stand here on the outside, saying, "You're both a bunch of dumbasses."

Craig Blair (R) West Virginia

Rex Rice (R) South Carolina

John Labruzzo (R) Louisiana

Kasha Kelley (R) Kansas

Randy Brogden (R) Oklahoma

Ellen Brandom (R) Missouri

Russel Pearce (R) Arizona

Mike Bennett (R) Florida

Meet the sponsors of this new round of state legislation to drug test TANF / Unemployment.

Come on allie, you know which side these pricks fall on.

Southerners all. Democrats in Republican clothing, and a huge reason for the decline of our party.

All those Dems switched over when they were identified as the racist, libtards they were and they've done nothing but divide our party.

Because they aren't really Republicans. They're dems trying to pull the party to the left. Moles.

But yes, it sucks they're Republican.

Southerners all. Democrats in Republican clothing, and a huge reason for the decline of our party.

All those Dems switched over when they were identified as the racist, libtards they were and they've done nothing but divide our party.

Because they aren't really Republicans. They're dems trying to pull the party to the left. Moles.

But yes, it sucks they're Republican.

I have to give you credit for knowing your party. It attracts idiots and racist like flies on shit. Of course, the republicans courted these people along with the religious whackos.

Now, I'd be glad to see you kick them out because that would be the end of the Republican party. You have noticed where the red states are for the past several decades? Wake up. You're smart cookie. Go unaffiliated and stop asociating yourself with the party of rednecks and snake handlers.

Forum List

Back