Starbucks closing 16 stores over employee-safety concerns

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Starbucks Corp. said Monday that it is closing 16 U.S. stores after workers reported incidents related to drug use and other disruptions in cafes.

Starbucks SBUX, -0.18% said it would permanently close six stores each in the Seattle and Los Angeles areas, two in Portland, Ore., and single locations in Philadelphia and Washington, D.C. by the end of the month.

The company said it received reports from workers about incidents that they said involved drug use by some customers and in some cases, members of the public, in certain locations. Starbucks said it would transfer employees to other locations when it permanently closes the stores.

“We read every incident report you file — it’s a lot,” wrote U.S. operations leads Debbie Stroud and Denise Nelson in a message to U.S. employees Monday. “We cannot serve as partners if we don’t first feel safe at work,” they said, referring to the company’s term for employees.

Starbucks also said that it would give store managers leeway to close restrooms, limit seating or reduce operations in response to safety concerns. The moves are part of policies aimed at addressing workers’ concerns, including about their safety on the job, the company said.

LOL.....Six stores are in Seattle.

Starbucks Corp. said Monday that it is closing 16 U.S. stores after workers reported incidents related to drug use and other disruptions in cafes.

Starbucks SBUX, -0.18% said it would permanently close six stores each in the Seattle and Los Angeles areas, two in Portland, Ore., and single locations in Philadelphia and Washington, D.C. by the end of the month.

The company said it received reports from workers about incidents that they said involved drug use by some customers and in some cases, members of the public, in certain locations. Starbucks said it would transfer employees to other locations when it permanently closes the stores.

“We read every incident report you file — it’s a lot,” wrote U.S. operations leads Debbie Stroud and Denise Nelson in a message to U.S. employees Monday. “We cannot serve as partners if we don’t first feel safe at work,” they said, referring to the company’s term for employees.

Starbucks also said that it would give store managers leeway to close restrooms, limit seating or reduce operations in response to safety concerns. The moves are part of policies aimed at addressing workers’ concerns, including about their safety on the job, the company said.

LOL.....Six stores are in Seattle.
Damn those Aryans!

How about customer safety?

How can we be sure if the local Starbucks here is safe, even though it isn't on the official Shit List? Sheetz coffee is better anyhow, and the clerks are strictly Scab- and I always look for the non-union label.

Starbucks is opening stores elsewhere

Yes, its an example of failed liberal democrat policy worth noting
Yep, they will just go to the blue-burbs where the crime isn't.

Hell, there are two of them in my deep-red Hinterlands county....About three miles apart....One in town and another in the county.....Dunkin's new drive through store is kicking the one in town ass.

How about customer safety?

How can we be sure if the local Starbucks here is safe, even though it isn't on the official Shit List? Sheetz coffee is better anyhow, and the clerks are strictly Scab- and I always look for the non-union label.
I think the hippy snowflake reporter is not giving us more than a hint of the bad news

If Starbucks across from the county courthouse and central downtown shopping is unsafe is anyone or any other store on that street safe either?

The mayor and judges hiding in the courthouse are safe because they have cops with big guns there to defend them

If a drug addict decides to shoot up, or take a crap on a bench outside courtroom one, he will be dealt with swiftly

But everyone else in that deep blue democrat neighborhood is on their own

Do we need more stores to open?

I'm sure that Starbucks would like to have more stores opening than closing.

But I don't see that happening, particularly with the crime rate in US cities, and the fact that the company is now unionized.

A few stores close and there's somehow a crime spree. Fake news.
Actually, you entirely missed the point and have it backwards. A crime spree happens and forces a few stores to close. The thing of note is where they are closing and where they are opening new ones. Leaving crap holes and investing in areas safer for their employees. I wouldn't expect your Bidenistas to understand or do anything buy make light of it in your ignorance.

Forum List

Back