Stanford scientists advance new way to store wind and solar electricity on a large scale, affordably

Confounding

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2016
It's really only a matter of time until solar becomes truly competitive with fossil fuels, in my opinion. Too bad people don't think the expediting of research is worth some public funds.

Stanford scientists advance new way to store wind and solar electricity on a large scale, affordably and at room temperature

A new type of flow battery that involves a liquid metal more than doubled the maximum voltage of conventional flow batteries and could lead to affordable storage of renewable power.

Looks to me like they are already hoovering up plenty handouts for their white elephant project.

I see the Chi-Coms like it.

4BC2A635-EC5F-4A0C-9255-54A518DE9779.jpeg

So much at stake, it's reassuring to know the best minds are working on it.
Battery technology is going ahead in leaps and bounds, and other storage options are being improved.
The Li-ion batteries have replaced the NiCad in power tools, and the improvement in performance is just amazing.
Bring it on!

It's really only a matter of time until solar becomes truly competitive with fossil fuels, in my opinion. Too bad people don't think the expediting of research is worth some public funds.

Stanford scientists advance new way to store wind and solar electricity on a large scale, affordably and at room temperature

A new type of flow battery that involves a liquid metal more than doubled the maximum voltage of conventional flow batteries and could lead to affordable storage of renewable power.
The problem is the Government sucks at this sort of thing. Give companies tax breaks for research and development of new technologies with the understanding that they must lead to a viable consumer product within a reasonable amount of time.

The solar panels on my roof and the battery in my tool shed are plenty of reason for me.

Forum List

Back