Stain Experts

Said1

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2004
Somewhere in Ontario
I have a set in coffee stain on my carpet that I've been trying to remove for some time now, any suggestions?

I've tried spray&wash, Wisk and a few other things, no luck.

It was a full extra large. I only took one sip before i dropped it. :cry:

Said1 said:
I have a set in coffee stain on my carpet that I've been trying to remove for some time now, any suggestions?

Yeah.. New carpeting.

Someone dumped a coffee on my livingroom carpet, tried to get it all while still wet, and no such luck. :(

Shattered said:
Yeah.. New carpeting.

Someone dumped a coffee on my livingroom carpet, tried to get it all while still wet, and no such luck. :(

Same here. I have a new mini bissell carpet cleaner too, still no luck.

I had a red wine stain on light grey carpet that I couldn't get out for the longest time. Got this stuff called Oxy-Clean and followed the directions. Did it over about 10 times, but the stain came up, FWIW.

Said1 said:
That's what I'm thinking, I was just hoping for a miracle. :cry:
Oxyclean was great, but can't find it anymore around here. I think it may have had those wonderful 'stain eater' enzymes. Pollutants you know.

Kathianne said:
Oxyclean was great, but can't find it anymore around here. I think it may have had those wonderful 'stain eater' enzymes. Pollutants you know.

I've used it before, I think the discount store down the street probably still carries it.

Said1 said:
I've used it before, I think the discount store down the street probably still carries it.
Used to be in Jewel, Sam's, Costco, Walmart, you name it. All gone...

Kathianne said:
Used to be in Jewel, Sam's, Costco, Walmart, you name it. All gone...

Hmm. Too bad, that stuff worked wonders on Amanda's socks, I hope they still sell it at my boutique - Giant Tiger. :D

Said1 said:
Hmm. Too bad, that stuff worked wonders on Amanda's socks, I hope they still sell it at my boutique - Giant Tiger. :D
If so, I may have you buy and send. It was great, not as good as the stuff in the 70's but close!

Kathianne said:
If so, I may have you buy and send. It was great, not as good as the stuff in the 70's but close!

My MIL buys these little brick stain removers in Florida. I've never foudn them overly effective, but maybe I'm doing something wrong. She swears by them.

Said1 said:
My MIL buys these little brick stain removers in Florida. I've never foudn them overly effective, but maybe I'm doing something wrong. She swears by them.
I'll betcha she isn't dealing with the stuff kids or golfers get into: grass, grape juice, etc.

Kathianne said:
I'll betcha she isn't dealing with the stuff kids or golfers get into: grass, grape juice, etc.

Probably not, she doesn't "do" dirt. She has this thing attached to her furnace that actually zaps stuff. She's able to use a feather duster.....a FEATHER DUSTER. :laugh:

She doesn't do animals either and I used to have this cat that had a thing for her. He would literally stop dead in his tracks and walk directly over to her, climb up on her shoulders and rub himself all over her neck and face. :laugh:

Said1 said:
Probably not, she doesn't "do" dirt. She has this thing attached to her furnace that actually zaps stuff. She's able to use a feather duster.....a FEATHER DUSTER. :laugh:

She doesn't do animals either and I used to have this cat that had a thing for her. He would literally stop dead in his tracks and walk directly over to her, climb up on her shoulders and rub himself all over her neck and face. :laugh:
Now I could love a cat like that! :laugh:

Said1 said:

Cover the stain with foamy shaving cream (from a can). Scrub with a brush or sponge then rinse with water, let dry and vacuum.

Forum List

Back