Staff

Discussion in 'Announcements and Feedback' started by Gracie, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Damaged Eagle

Damaged Eagle You got lucky! Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,481
    upload_2017-11-9_23-30-9.jpeg

Citizenship award????? I must be a very bad person. So much for that case of scotch I was going to hand out to the mods at Christmas.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. saveliberty

saveliberty Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30,824
    My observation on one of those other boards are first free speech is not first and foremost. Also the mods administer rules which are very subjective, for example if they find you have been insulting to another poster. That insulting seems to have more latitude for some than others. Specifically, if you are a senior liberal yo are going to be able to cry foul and ding a conservative noob.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. flacaltenn

flacaltenn Senior Mod Staff Member Senior USMB Moderator Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,331
    Exactly. That's why I came here. The smaller boards are very "cliquey". They don't like new people of any persuasion. And the rules here at USMB leave very little to Mod discretion. It's all about respecting the topic and not allowing posts or patterns of posting without topical content or personal brawls. Brawls always have folks from opposing sides violating the rules. It's completely simple to cooperate or moderate.

We need to work harder to be more "welcoming" to new members. Especially in "Introduce Yourself". Large numbers of folks are mugged and scared off before their 3rd post. They need to show their own "style" before judgements are made.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. SeaGal

SeaGal Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +756
    That's why I bypassed the introduction part and just dove in, head first, without checking the depth!

I came here from a small regional 'special interest' board, friendly people mostly, good moderation much stricter than here - admin decided politics had become too distasteful. Anyway - this is a far bigger place than I'm used to - but I'm finding my way - slowly. I'm thinkin' a couple of my former fellow posters may have landed here also.

Foxfyre noticed right away that I was a newbie - she was very welcoming - and for that I thank her. And you sainted mods - you're worth every penny of your salary, deserve a raise you do. :laugh2:

On a heavier note - only have one other forum to compare - but I think you all do a thankless job quite well.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1