St. Jimmy Carter?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Annie, Dec 6, 2006.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    How very, very interesting:

http://powerlineblog.com/archives/016123.php

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    That is very interesting, im making a copy of this for a friend who has no clear vision when it come to Mr Saint Carter....

3. Adam's Apple

Adam's Apple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +447
    Bending the facts to support an agenda is just business as usual for lefties like Carter and the MSM.

What astonishes me is that many people are very willing to overlook the deeply flawed Jimmy Carter. I know people—including a few in my extended family—who think Carter is a good guy because of his Christian reputation (teaching a Sunday School class in Plains, helping to build homes for Habitat for Humanity, etc.). Because of that, they think what Carter says and does is always good for the country. (Of course, that's why the voters overwhelming chose to send him back to Plains rather than have his Presidency continue.) ;) They are very content to accept just the Christian image of Carter as the one that truly defines him and are not interested in looking beyond that persona.

These people will agree that Carter was not a good president; but to them that’s all right because he only served one term and, to their way of thinking, he didn’t do any harm to the country. They cannot see that the Iran we have to deal with today can be traced directly to Jimmy Carter and his administration.

4. Mr. P

Mr. P Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +618
    I saw this Professor verify this to be true last night on our local news.
    To say he’s totally pissed about this new book that Carter was also signing at a local book store in the segment is an understatement.

Carter was asked about the factual content of the book and statements of the Professor after the signing; he responded with ‘it’s all true’.

5. theHawk

theHawk Registered Conservative

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,741
    I don't agree with Carter's faith in International Law to fix the middle east problem but what exactly are the ommisions and lies?

6. Adam's Apple

Adam's Apple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +447
    I haven't read Carter's book and don't have any interest in doing so, but here is commentary from someone who apparently has that might give you a few clues as to his omissions and lies.

Brave Jimmy Carter?
    By Mona Charen, The Conservative Voice
    December 15, 2006

Having scolded the Western world for its "inordinate fear of communism," Jimmy Carter is now, 30 years later, attempting to legitimize the shameful Zionism Equals Racism resolution passed and later repealed by the United Nations. The man has a seemingly unerring instinct for error. Palestine: Peace Not Apartheid is touted (by Carter himself) as an evenhanded analysis of the Israeli/Arab conflict -- but one need go no further than the title to suspect otherwise.

for full article:
    http://www.theconservativevoice.com/article/21141.html

7. Abbey Normal

Abbey Normal Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +391
    As things heat up in the Middle East, I can't help but wonder if disagreement over Israel will splinter the Democratic party. I also wonder if we are heading towards abandonment of Isreal.

8. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    http://www.jacksonville.com/apnews/stories/011107/D8MJ64CO5.shtml

9. UnAmericanYOU

UnAmericanYOU VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +122
    He's the talk of the town: http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?entry=23961_Mass_Resignation_at_Carter_Center&only

Alan Dershowitz REALLY wants to talk to Carter, doubt he'd be interested in applying for one of the new job openings!

Well, Israel's a done deal if Jimmuh gets his way, now he's trying to pick a fight with the Southern Baptist Conference again, which he left years ago because they couldn't see abortion on demand and/or gay marrige when they read the Bible.

I have no idea what Clinton has to do with all this, thought he was a United Methodist, a good choice for any "moderate-to-liberal" Protestant.

http://www.newschannel10.com/global/story.asp?s=5916910

http://www.bpnews.net/bpnews.asp?id=24745

I wonder how much interest they'll be in a Baptist sect that wants to drive the Israelies into the sea.

10. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,153
    He's a baptist.