CDZ Spur Texas?

Never been there but near Lubbock, Texas... I prefer Brownwood region ( not to be confused with Brownsville ) north of Brady...

Mr sg and I lived in a tiny home for 2 years. It was called a travel trailer. My family lived in a tiny home in a tiny home community in the early to mid-fifties, as did a great uncle and great aunt, they were called house trailers in a trailer park. My grandparents lived in a tiny home on wheels behind a big house during WWII.

I don't get the sudden interest because the name has changed. Retirees for decades have moved into 'tiny homes'. Is it simply marketing? Though I am surprised by the inexpensive rates you quoted. Most tiny homes showcased on HGTV are many times 4k.

Anyway, good luck - looks like a carefree lifestyle. :)

Mr sg and I lived in a tiny home for 2 years. It was called a travel trailer. My family lived in a tiny home in a tiny home community in the early to mid-fifties, as did a great uncle and great aunt, they were called house trailers in a trailer park. My grandparents lived in a tiny home on wheels behind a big house during WWII.

I don't get the sudden interest because the name has changed. Retirees for decades have moved into 'tiny homes'. Is it simply marketing? Though I am surprised by the inexpensive rates you quoted. Most tiny homes showcased on HGTV are many times 4k.

I lived in a class c motorhome for about 5 years and then a fifth wheel and now a pull behind.
But there you own the lot so I can have a tiny house and a big garage.
Male heaven!

I lived in a class c motorhome for about 5 years and then a fifth wheel and now a pull behind.
But there you own the lot so I can have a tiny house and a big garage.
Male heaven!
I have 43 acres to pitch a tent and take a squat..Hillbilly heaven...

I suspect this has a lot to do with the lifestyle millennials prefer. This may have something to do with the fact that they are deeply in debt from student loans. They can't afford more than a tiny home. So much for the American Dream...

Though, they also may prefer a simple lifestyle too.

I suspect this has a lot to do with the lifestyle millennials prefer. This may have something to do with the fact that they are deeply in debt from student loans. They can't afford more than a tiny home. So much for the American Dream...

Though, they also may prefer a simple lifestyle too.

Living in tiny and/or mobile homes is not a new trend, though. Mr sg and I were in our early twenties when we bought our first home for $1200, an older 16' travel trailer...2 1/2 years later we purchased a brand new 700 sq ft 'mobile home' for $5400 that we lived in for 5 years. My mother spent her pre-teen years in a tiny home on wheels, and I spent the better part of my early childhood in one also. Those were necessary decisions based on affordability. None of them had the amenities of todays tiny homes though.

So, in my view, starting out tiny is part of the pathway leading to the realization of the American dream...and ending up tiny is the culmination of having achieved it. :)

Forum List

Back