Sprint Donates 2500 Prepaid Calling Cards To Wounded Troops At Walter Reed

NATO AIR

Jun 25, 2004
USS Abraham Lincoln
good on sprint

http://galleyslaves.blogspot.com/2004/12/three-cheers-for-sprint.html
Saturday, December 18, 2004

Three Cheers for Sprint
Besides being my wireless carrier, Sprint is also full of pretty good people. After a call for phone cards went out a few days ago, Galley Reader J.M. sends along this internal notice from Sprint:

Team, some of you have been receiving notes and/or hearing of requests about [the need for phone cards are Walter Reed] . . .

For your information and to share with other Sprint employees, Sprint Prepaid Solutions has prepared a generous donation of approximately 2500 prepaid cards for the special needs of our troops in Walter Reed. Their request has not fallen on deaf ears here at Sprint. Russ Everhart and the promotions team are taking the lead at identifying a contact at Walter Reed to handle the distribution, and Jenny has prepared the cards and extended the expiration dates. Russ and Luke are working out the details associated with the public relations aspects of the donation.

Concurrently, Prepaid Solutions is working to find corporate and business partners who are willing to make a donation as part of our American Red Cross program. Our unique program with ARC enables a far broader range of corporations to help when previously they had not clear options or mechanisms to help our troops.

So far as I can tell, Sprint hasn't mentioned any of this publicly--they aren't looking for applause

Theres so many good stories like this. We need to hear more. Glenn Beck has also organized private citizens to purchase reduced rate prepaid cards fro Soldiers as well. I forget the company that gave them the discount.

insein said:
Theres so many good stories like this. We need to hear more. Glenn Beck has also organized private citizens to purchase reduced rate prepaid cards fro Soldiers as well. I forget the company that gave them the discount.

you'd never know folks were doing good deeds from the media coverage... its all beheadings, bombings and destruction.

Forum List

Back