Sperm donor to lesbian couple ordered to pay child support

Why should he need legal protection? If he has to pay child support can he sue for custody? The state has both parents of the child available, they just want to force him to pay because they are using laws based on 19th century thinking.

If the state is pursuing child support from him it's because the kids' lesbian mommies are on welfare.

Dumbasses. Yet another example of the costs of depravity. Poor kid.

Why would they allow them the option if they are on welfare? That seems absolutely ridiculous

The state is paying their medical premiums, food and probably giving them cash. The state goes after anyone who has the potential of helping them recoup some of that cost.

I have a client who has child support orders against TWO MEN for the same child. She's a lifer. One is on the birth cert, the other is the biological father. The state nails them both.

This could never have resulted in a positive outcome.

"So the couple tried its luck at Craigslist, posting a $50 ad for a sperm donor to help them conceive a child." “When we met William (Marotta), it seemed to be a perfect fit,” Bauer said. “He was smart, he was attractive and he asked really good questions

Former partners 'forever grateful' to Topeka sperm donor

he should have gotten the legal protection at the time.

That is the lesson here.

Why should he need legal protection? If he has to pay child support can he sue for custody? The state has both parents of the child available, they just want to force him to pay because they are using laws based on 19th century thinking.

If the state is pursuing child support from him it's because the kids' lesbian mommies are on welfare.

According to the article the birth mother got sick and no longer has insurance. The state is going after the sperm donor because it refuses to accept the financial agreement where the partner assumes responsibility for the child, making her a single parent under state law.

Why would they allow them the option if they are on welfare? That seems absolutely ridiculous

The state is paying their medical premiums, food and probably giving them cash. The state goes after anyone who has the potential of helping them recoup some of that cost.

I have a client who has child support orders against TWO MEN for the same child. She's a lifer. One is on the birth cert, the other is the biological father. The state nails them both.

You have gotten to be kidding! What state?

he should have gotten the legal protection at the time.

That is the lesson here.

Poor kid? The article says they claimed eight children when they split up.

According to the article the birth mother got sick and no longer has insurance. The state is going after the sperm donor because it refuses to accept the financial agreement where the partner assumes responsibility for the child, making her a single parent under state law.

Then I would think that the partner who accepts financial responsibility for the child would do the honest, upstanding thing and reimburse the poor guy for the money the state is dunning him for.

He is the father but this sort of thing will scare off all sperm donors everywhere.

FOX News - Top Stories - 'DAD' FIGHTS BACK: Sperm Donor to Battle Order to Pay Child Support

'Dec 31, 2012 1:28 PM EST
A Kansas sperm donor who was ordered to pay child support for the baby he helped a lesbian couple conceive plans to fight back in court, and suggested he might be a victim of bias against same-sex parenting.

William Marotta told FoxNews.com he might never have agreed to provide sperm to Angela Bauer and her former partner, Jennifer Schreiner, had he known the legal morass that awaited him after responding to the women's Craigslist ad for a donor in March 2009. The Kansas Department for Children and Families (DCF) recently filed a child support claim against Marotta after the couple filed for state assistance this year, leading the department to demand they provide the donor's name so it could collect.

The 46-year-old machinist said he received notice in late October that he was being targeted by state officials to pay child support after the couple who parted ways in 2010 but still co-parent their eight children ranging in age from 3 months to 25 years were ordered by DCF officials to provide the sperm donor's name. State officials argued that if the women did not identify the donor, the agency would deny health benefits due to withheld information.
State officials argued that if the women did not identify the donor, the agency would deny health benefits due to withheld information. Bauer, who could not be reached for comment Monday, told The Topeka Capital-Journal on Saturday that she and Schreiner were "kind of at a loss" about the development. "We are going to support him in whatever action he wants to go forward with," Bauer told the newspaper.
This isn't worthy of outrage, the state is just going to have to figure out a way to fill in the blanks about the doner, and not charge them.

My guess is this mess is as follows, and in fact, I actually know this family:

You have a couple, who has some kids together. Wife's best friend moves in with them, gets knocked up by the husband. First wife moves out, goes on welfare, and the state establishes a support order against dad.

After divorce, first wife moves back in because they are, after all, all friends..and all their kids are brothers and sisters. Then wife and friend decide they're a couple, and dad moves out. Another order is established, this time for the second wife's kid with him.

Then child welfare steps in for a while, yanks the kids, and they all mill around for a while in different conglomerations.

Then the two women decide they're going to portray themselves as *partners* but one gets knocked up by ex, so they determine that they will call him a *sperm donor* and raise the kid themselves.

They're on welfare of course, throughout all this...so once the baby is born and they name the *sperm donor*....who just happens to have other kids with these women that he is also supposed to pay child support on, and the state establishes an order against him.

He decides he wants to be a *co-parent* and they bounce in and out of his house for a while....

Until he decides he shouldn't have to pay child support for the last kid, since they're no longer giving him blow jobs, and files to have the order terminated.

At which time he probably also decides to claim he's not the sperm donor, after all, and a paternity test is done...which either eliminates him as the sperm donor (but the state won't care because either his name is on the birth certificate, or he has acknowledged the child as his own at some point) or establishes him as the sperm donor, in which case the state still is going to pursue child support.
Not that it matters. He won't ever pay jack.

^^^^^true story. My clients. Jolly crew.

You have a couple, who has some kids together. Wife's best friend moves in with them, gets knocked up by the husband. First wife moves out, goes on welfare, and the state establishes a support order against dad.

After divorce, first wife moves back in because they are, after all, all friends..and all their kids are brothers and sisters. Then wife and friend decide they're a couple, and dad moves out. Another order is established, this time for the second wife's kid with him.

Then child welfare steps in for a while, yanks the kids, and they all mill around for a while in different conglomerations.

Then the two women decide they're going to portray themselves as *partners* but one gets knocked up by ex, so they determine that they will call him a *sperm donor* and raise the kid themselves.

They're on welfare of course, throughout all this...so once the baby is born and they name the *sperm donor*....who just happens to have other kids with these women that he is also supposed to pay child support on, and the state establishes an order against him.

He decides he wants to be a *co-parent* and they bounce in and out of his house for a while....

Until he decides he shouldn't have to pay child support for the last kid, since they're no longer giving him blow jobs, and files to have the order terminated.

At which time he probably also decides to claim he's not the sperm donor, after all, and a paternity test is done...which either eliminates him as the sperm donor (but the state won't care because either his name is on the birth certificate, or he has acknowledged the child as his own at some point) or establishes him as the sperm donor, in which case the state still is going to pursue child support.

We really need to bring the concept of "shame" back into our culture/society.

I would love to say it's a bizarre and uncommon scenario, but then I moved and I was blessed to have the exact same family, only with different names and ages, on my caseload.

And the girl who had two child support orders against two guys for the same kid.

I think it's possible the two dads were also related...I think they were brothers! Crazy, huh.

I would love to say it's a bizarre and uncommon scenario, but then I moved and I was blessed to have the exact same family, only with different names and ages, on my caseload.

And the girl who had two child support orders against two guys for the same kid.

I think it's possible the two dads were also related...I think they were brothers! Crazy, huh.

Absolutely insane, actually.

He should have worn a condom when he went to give a sample...
That way he would have enjoyed the experience by just going through the motions.

Forum List

Back