Spend $1B budget on a movie, it won't compare to the old kung fu movies I watched as a kid

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Every Saturday morning watching Kung Fu movies with my Old Man. Hong Kong was a secret Hollywood for all of us back then.

That is all. As you were.

Canada couldn't afford real TV programming so they bought cheap Asian knock-offs, huh?

Canada couldn't afford real TV programming so they bought cheap Asian knock-offs, huh?

Pretty much. Still better than the flimsy bs on TV today. These dudes took their craft seriously and it showed. Way ahead of it's time.

Every Saturday morning watching Kung Fu movies with my Old Man. Hong Kong was a secret Hollywood for all of us back then.

If you want to see a few of the best kung fu movies outside Bruce Lee, check these out:

THE FIVE DEADLY VENOMS:
Good fighting but the real star is the very excellent story and ghoulish tortures.

ONG BAK:
Tony Jaa is an amazing fighter with a unique Thai fighting style. I found this fight scene but this isn't even close to the best in the movie and you really need to see the whole movie with subtitles from start to finish.

DRUNKEN MASTER:
A really unique and I think Jackie Chan's best film, both funny and good, the old man teacher IMO is the star of the show. A clip but again, need to watch in its entirety.

Just finished watching Wu Assassin on Netflix.

Nicely done.

They were on here in America as well back then. Loved them. That and Hercules.
But, in all honesty, 3/4 of the reason they were so awesome is because we were kids.

Forum List

Back