Spanish: Offficial Language of the US?

E
Why don't we also open the southern border and say "Ya'll come on in! We speak your language now.."?

I am not sure. It could be the language barrier. If Mexicans spoke English or Americans spoke Spanish then we probably would open the southern border and say, "Ya'll come on in!"

I am not sure why we have such a bad relationship with Mexico and Canada. In Europe people can travel from country to country without any hassle. I have even heard going into Canada is easy. I have heard going into Mexico is easy.

I hear that the US border patrol agents are hard core Nazis. So. I honestly don't know why the border is closed off so tight. If Mexicans and Canadians have cooties then we share them anyways due to geography. I can't answer your question.

You asked:
Why don't we also open the southern border and say "Ya'll come on in! "?

I honestly do not know. I have been scratching my head for decades.
You have to show your passport or ID and fill-out papers when you enter other countries

They would not make English the official language of the United States, so why the fuck would we even consider doing it for Spanish?

If most Americans spoke Spanish
Who would object to Spanish being our official language?

Trump is making life miserable for immigrants so that they return to their home countries. its the right thing to do, my friends!

Would you advocate a slow transition into making Spanish the official language of the United States over the course of 30-100 years?

Phase One: Require 4th & 5th grade classes to be 100% in Spanish for public and private schools. Starting July 1, 2030.

Phase Two: Require all public and private schools to be 100% in Spanish. Starting July 1, 2041. All government documents will be made public in English and in Spanish.

Phase Three: Require 30% of every government agency to be bi-lingual. Then 40, then 50, then 60, then 70, then 80, then 90. 2050/2051/2052/2053/2054/2055/2056

Phase Four: All street names, all government documents, all employees, anything government related will be 100% in Spanish. July 1, 2070.

The United States officially changes their name to North Mexico and translates their constitution into Spanish.

Is this troll thread still going on?

Well. Welcoming and encouraging Chinese and Indian immigrants to emigrate would help with the problem too. The Chinese language barrier is immense. China has already modernized their language to some degree. Maybe we should strategically teach English (or Spanish) to as many people in China as we possibly can. This might already be happening since nobody liked the Spanish plan.

English is taught in China from an early age.

Would you advocate a slow transition into making Spanish the official language of the United States over the course of 30-100 years?

Phase One: Require 4th & 5th grade classes to be 100% in Spanish for public and private schools. Starting July 1, 2030.

Phase Two: Require all public and private schools to be 100% in Spanish. Starting July 1, 2041. All government documents will be made public in English and in Spanish.

Phase Three: Require 30% of every government agency to be bi-lingual. Then 40, then 50, then 60, then 70, then 80, then 90. 2050/2051/2052/2053/2054/2055/2056

Phase Four: All street names, all government documents, all employees, anything government related will be 100% in Spanish. July 1, 2070.

The United States officially changes their name to North Mexico and translates their constitution into Spanish.
When certain family members that grew up in a English speaking household say Spanish is their preferred language. I find that kinda funny. Because they NEVER use Spanish unless they are virtue signaling. Where did they get that Spanish brainwashing from? Or the virtue signaling , that came out of nowhere?

....they NEVER use Spanish unless they are virtue signaling. ....

How do you know?

Sounds like a stupid idea. English is widely spoken outside of the "English Speaking world" you know. English is spoken throughout Europe and through large parts of the 3rd World. Its an official language in places like India, and a lot of the UK's former colonies.

Asking all those people to forget English and start speaking Spanish would be awfully imposing.

Sure, there are enough Spanish speakers in America for Americans to know a little bit of Spanish "Hey ese, wassup Holmes", but making it America's official language I don't think so

Anybody see this?

I cant tell you how many times I have almost snapped at Wal-Mart on this issue...Jesus Christ on the cross. If "YOU" immigrate to any country, at least learn the freekin' language. It's common sense and respectful. But no! Some lefty Americans want to help poor poor Mexicans. Believe me, when Mexicans are the dominate group, they will walk all over Gobachos like the woman that was defending them earlier. Just like that parable of the scorpion and the turtle. Been there, done that.

Fuck No.

English is and has been the dominant language of America and will most likely remain that way.

Obviously, citizenship and benefits should require English as the communication tool for the U.S. By changing asylum and illegal entry status, trump is doing just that.

Anybody see this?

I cant tell you how many times I have almost snapped at Wal-Mart on this issue...Jesus Christ on the cross. If "YOU" immigrate to any country, at least learn the freekin' language. It's common sense and respectful. But no! Some lefty Americans want to help poor poor Mexicans. Believe me, when Mexicans are the dominate group, they will walk all over Gobachos like the woman that was defending them earlier. Just like that parable of the scorpion and the turtle. Been there, done that.

People think they are being heroes, when they are just enabling bad behavior.

The official language of awesome food...

iStock-913677844-677x451.jpg

America will never have an official language, but English will always be the dominant language.

Forum List

Back