Spanish become the main language of the usa in future?

Re-Reconquista is not a fiction i think! And i think that you're right, with such amount of illegals(and number grows every year) soon, United States of America will become Spanish States Of Spain, or Muslim States of Arabia...

As someone pointed out, after a generation or two, most Hispanics have a poor working knowledge of Spanish.

Spanglish is far more common.
From my experience, the Hispanics that come here have a poor working knowledge of Spanish that is on par with the poor working knowledge of English that most Americans have.

WTH are you talking about? Most Americans do not have a poor working knowledge of English. I swear some of these comments get so bizarre that it isn't even funny.
article-2449546-189B8FAD00000578-719_634x762.jpg

American adults score below average on worldwide test Daily Mail Online

As one question pointed out here on the politics forum a couple of minutes ago, that they are "taking over" and will quote on quote "enslave whitey, blacks and Asians and make them learn Spanish". Do you think that Spanish will become an official language of the usa considering that it is true that whites will make up less than half of the usa in a couple of decades

Not all english-speakers are white :rolleyes:

As one question pointed out here on the politics forum a couple of minutes ago, that they are "taking over" and will quote on quote "enslave whitey, blacks and Asians and make them learn Spanish". Do you think that Spanish will become an official language of the usa considering that it is true that whites will make up less than half of the usa in a couple of decades

yes, you're right
and not all spanish-speakers are Hispanics
what else?

yes, you're right
and not all spanish-speakers are Hispanics
what else?

And then there are the Eastern European immigrants, many of whom speak Rusglish...

It is quite possible in a not remote future. Thus Spanish will become Lingua Franca of two Americas and then of the whole world. Thanks Obama and his "wise" immigration policy. I 've heard that there are many Spanish-speaking towns in Texas. Welcome to 'los Estados Unidos'!

It is quite possible in a not remote future.!

Uh, NO.

It is quite possible in a not remote future. Thus Spanish will become Lingua Franca of two Americas and then of the whole world. Thanks Obama and his "wise" immigration policy. I 've heard that there are many Spanish-speaking towns in Texas. Welcome to 'los Estados Unidos'!

BS! If not for illegal immigration Spanish would not be a dominant factor all over the U.S. It is mostly confined to only parts of the southwest and would continue to be so if we controlled our southern border and diversified our legal immigration numbers of which we are not doing anymore. That's why German, Polish, French, Italian never became dominant all over our country is because most of them came legally at the same time and assimilated to English.

That's why German, Polish, French, Italian never became dominant all over our country is because most of them came legally at the same time and assimilated to English.

Latino immigrants are "assimilating to English" just as those from European countries have.

Learning another language in this country is only a positive thing. We are one of the ONLY advanced societies in the WORLD that doesn't place an emphasis in teaching our youth another language. Go to Europe or Asia and the majority of the citizens there speak two, three, or more languages fluently. I believe we are doing ourselves a great disservice to not place more of an emphasis on learning other languages. Don't you think so?

Learning another language in this country is only a positive thing. We are one of the ONLY advanced societies in the WORLD that doesn't place an emphasis in teaching our youth another language. Go to Europe or Asia and the majority of the citizens there speak two, three, or more languages fluently. I believe we are doing ourselves a great disservice to not place more of an emphasis on learning other languages. Don't you think so?

NO, I don't think so! The only language being pushed in this country is Spanish and that's only because we have millions of illegal aliens here from south of our border here. For the most part Americans don't have jobs dealing in foreign languages so what's the point?

Learning another language in this country is only a positive thing. We are one of the ONLY advanced societies in the WORLD that doesn't place an emphasis in teaching our youth another language. Go to Europe or Asia and the majority of the citizens there speak two, three, or more languages fluently....

"Fluently"? Maybe not. Certainly second language acquisition is much more emphasized in many countries than it is here, but don't overdo it.

The U.S., or parts of it, will probably become predominantly bilingual, the way Quebec is with English and French, at some point, but I don't think Spanish will ever overtake English as the primary language. Children of Hispanic descent being born here primarily speak English and many don't even speak Spanish. I know a little bit of Spanish only because I'm self taught.
I heard English is becoming the language of the business world.
If that is true, I doubt Spanish takes over.
As for Hispanics taking over, that might be good, when they are successful, and most eventually are it seems, they become Republicans.

The U.S., or parts of it, will probably become predominantly bilingual, the way Quebec is with English and French, at some point, but I don't think Spanish will ever overtake English as the primary language. Children of Hispanic descent being born here primarily speak English and many don't even speak Spanish. I know a little bit of Spanish only because I'm self taught.
I heard English is becoming the language of the business world....

Not "is becoming," but "has long been."

Absent a Muslim takeover - if that hasn't already happened - I believe we'll see a new quasi-language arise. Words from both English and Spanish mingled even further than we see today. What will be more telling will be sentence structure. English seems to cut to the chase more quickly than Spanish but not in every case. We'll likely see a hybrid (OK, mongrel) language. Unless, of course, Sharia law forbids it.
English is a "mongrel" language, as you put it, a blend of Old English, German and Latin, mainly, with some Spanish lingo thrown in.

I heard English is becoming the language of the business world....

Not "is becoming," but "has long been."
I was being cautious.

Forum List

Back