Spain Sold WMD To Venezuela

NATO AIR

Jun 25, 2004
USS Abraham Lincoln
According to a Spanish government report made available to Europe Press .

WTF?

Instant economic sanctions against Spain. This is the straw that breaks the camel's back.

http://www.vcrisis.com/index.php?content=letters/200504071515

Spain sold €540.000 worth of chemical warfare agents to Venezuela
Editorial | Europa Press

07.04.05 | During the first semester of 2004 Spain sold chemical warfare agents and radioactive materials to Venezuela worth €539.603 according to a report entitled "Spanish exports of defence materials and related products and technologies". The report, produced by Spain's Ministry of Industry, Commerce and Tourism, was revealed to Europe Press. Venezuela appeared as the twelfth buyer of such defence material to Spain for the period that saw José Luis Rodríguez Zapatero winning the vote over Partido Popular.

Chemical Warfare

Report's statistics show that Venezuela was the only country under the category "countries to which chemical warfare agents and radioactive materials were sold". Worth noting that the said category includes "biological and nerve agents destined to chemical warfare" of which Venezuela bought €30.374.

Another €509.229 consisted of "paramilitary and security material" which encompasses "firearms or gas weapons, bombs, grenades, explosives, armoured and all terrain vehicles, water canons, telescopic sights and night vision devices, etc."

Double Use

Venezuela was the third buyer of "double use products" (civil and military) accounting for 11.5% of Spain's exports.

The government of Venezuela spent €1.613.742 in "substances for the petrochemical and tanning industries".

Translated by Aleksander Boyd

Well if we start sumerizing what country sold WMD to another country (let's say an unfriendly one) than this might be a fun thing to do...I wonder who'se the biggest money maker....hummm

j07950 said:
Well if we start sumerizing what country sold WMD to another country (let's say an unfriendly one) than this might be a fun thing to do...I wonder who'se the biggest money maker....hummm

Wow, inspiring and insightful as per your usual. Why don't you go first.

j07950 said:

I'll assume your talking about the USA here. I'm a fair man, or at least I like to think so. So I'll ask you: What power in the Americas poses a threat to Spain that can compare with the threat of the USSR in the Cold War?

Or do Communist regimes just like to prop each other up

theim said:
I'll assume your talking about the USA here. I'm a fair man, or at least I like to think so. So I'll ask you: What power in the Americas poses a threat to Spain that can compare with the threat of the USSR in the Cold War?

Or do Communist regimes just like to prop each other up
I've got to say I don't understand the logic behind your post...you'll have to explain...

Why are we talking about countries in the Americas that pose a threat to spain?
Communist regimes?

j07950 said:
I've got to say I don't understand the logic behind your post...you'll have to explain...

Why are we talking about countries in the Americas that pose a threat to spain?
Communist regimes?
I'll try----what country in the Americas is such a threat to Spain that they feel the need to arm an ally in the Americas with WMDS ?

Forum List

Back