Space Shuttle delayed.

They forgot Obama's original birth certificate, which they were going to conveniently let "drift" out the window up there.

They're not really "old and junk" just large and complicated. It'll be sad to see them go.

Very large, very complicated, and no tow trucks on their route. But for when it does lift off;

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_GciXA-6Ag]YouTube - Witnesses' Waltz - music clip[/ame]

They're not really "old and junk" just large and complicated. It'll be sad to see them go.

Ive seen them up close and personal... been in mission control while one was in orbit. It is an awe inspiring undertaking, and all it takes is just one teeny little mistake and you've lost everything along with several astronauts.
They have to be 100% every time... no if ands or buts. Its got to be 100%

It may be frustrating to wait and wait on a launch, but just remember how extremely complicated a machine the entire program is.

So your correct Mad Scientist.... they are large and complicated to say the least.

What is a shame is that they have not even begun the next generation of space vehicle.

Are they planning on abandoning the International Space Station? What happens if there is trouble and we have no way of getting up there? I sure don't like relying on Russia.

Immie

In reference to the Space Station, I just found this:

Major Shuttle and ISS extension drive taking place at the Augustine Commission | NASASpaceFlight.com

With NASA authorization language already being drawn up behind the scenes by Congress, Augustine Commission ISS/Shuttle subgroup lead Dr Sally Ride – along with several key NASA and United Space Alliance (USA) managers – have embarked on a major push to extend the shuttle program, linking the move with the allowance for the International Space Station (ISS) to operate until 2020.

Shuttle Extension:

Efforts to extend the shuttle program past 2010 have been ongoing for over a year, with the main concern relating to the ever-growing gap between the last flight of the shuttle and the first operation flight of Orion via Ares I.

Currently, the shuttle is set to be retired in the middle of 2010, although due to the natural stretch in the shuttle manifest, the remaining seven flights are threatening to push the current schedule into 2011.

Problems with extending shuttle mainly relate to the need for additional funding, with the current shuttle budget forecast to be handed over to the Constellation Program (CxP) in 2010.

And this:

Orion (spacecraft) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Orion is a spacecraft that is being designed by Lockheed Martin for NASA, the space agency of the United States. Orion development began in 2005 as part of the Constellation program, where Orion would fulfill the function of a Crew Exploration Vehicle.

Each Orion spacecraft is projected to carry a crew of four astronauts. The spacecraft was originally designed to be launched by the Ares I launch vehicle. As of 11 October 2010, with the canceling of the Constellation Program, the Ares program has ended and the Orion vehicle is now planned to be launched on top of Space Launch System, a cheaper alternative to the Ares series.

The first test flight of the Orion is planned for 2013, abort tests in 2014 and [5] and the first crewed Orion flight is anticipated in 2016.[3] It will serve as an Emergency escape capsule for the International Space Station. If commercial orbital transportation services are unavailable, Orion would handle logistic flights to the station.[6]

Immie

Their misfortune is my good luck...I'll be in West Palm Beach on Monday morning. :woohoo:

dansLaunch.gif

Last edited:

Forum List

Back