South Carolina GOP votes to censure Sanford

Gunny

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2004
The Republic of Texas
By Peter Hamby
CNN Political Producer

COLUMBIA, South Carolina (CNN) -- After nearly four hours of deliberation and multiple rounds of balloting, the South Carolina Republican Party voted Monday night to censure Mark Sanford for traveling overseas to visit his mistress -- but stopped short of calling on the governor to resign.

Members of the South Carolina GOP's executive committee approved a resolution censuring Sanford for conduct that demonstrated "repeated failures to act in accordance" with the party's core principles and beliefs, according to GOP sources on the teleconference.

South Carolina GOP votes to censure Sanford - CNN.com

The Klan of fundamentalist Puritan ELECT calling themselves THE FAMILY will continue to screw with our national political scene regardless of what shits are ultimately discoved to be immoral vermin.

These people's belief system is antithetical to everything that America claims to stand for, but then too so are all fundamentalist religions of every kind.

These guys are really no different in their mindset than the Puritans of the Mass Bay colony were.

Theirs was also a totalitarian system based on the belief that GOD makes the ELECT, and their might makes them right regardless of how sinfully they get and maintain their power over the society.

Sanford should have learned something from Bill Clinton or JFK. Now he's just going to fade into obscurity as a hated man when he could have gone out in a blaze of glory.

Sanford should resign, he was nowhere to be found for 5 days. That state had no governor for that long at least. There were also other women he was lusting in his heart for.

We were all mad at Clinton for what he did but don't try to act like it justifies Sanford's actions. He's like a cheap romance novel. An embarrassment.

I'd like to hear more from his mistress, she's probably laughing at him.

Oh no, they censured Sanford. Next thing you know, they might use a ruler on his hand or make him stand in the corner.

Sanford should have learned something from Bill Clinton or JFK. Now he's just going to fade into obscurity as a hated man when he could have gone out in a blaze of glory.

Speaking of Bill:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFy-sjnPG2E&feature=channel_page]YouTube - Gov. Sanford Must Apologize To Bill Clinton[/ame]

Sanford should resign, he was nowhere to be found for 5 days. That state had no governor for that long at least. There were also other women he was lusting in his heart for.

We were all mad at Clinton for what he did but don't try to act like it justifies Sanford's actions. He's like a cheap romance novel. An embarrassment.

Justifies Sanford's actions? Don't be silly. Sanford is guilty and should resign. My point is that people like Bill Clinton did much worse, and Bill is now worth about $100 million, AND people (including women) still love him. And JFK was the biggest cheater in American history, yet people still love him. What is it with these Republicans? Why is it so much harder for them to get away with something like this? Maybe they should first enroll in a class at the Bill Clinton School of Public Service before cheating on their spouse.

I wouldn't say necessarily say that JFK faded into obscurity.

I'd say he had the top of his head blown off.

I wouldn't say necessarily say that JFK faded into obscurity.

I'd say he had the top of his head blown off.

I was talking about Sanford.

It's not acceptable to be a liar, a womanizer, a thief, a flip-flopper, or anything less than honorable unless you're a Democrat! You certainly can't be having affairs unless you're a Democrat. It's his own damn fault you know. If he would have went on national tv and just switched political parties this would all be blown over by now. The news crews would recognize him as a Democrat and just move on to other things to blast Republicians with. They'd quit talking about him altogether. Even the other lawmakers in SC would understand the problem and cease their calls for resignation. They'd chalk it all up to normal Democrat behavior.:lol:

Justifies Sanford's actions? Don't be silly. Sanford is guilty and should resign. My point is that people like Bill Clinton did much worse, and Bill is now worth about $100 million, AND people (including women) still love him. And JFK was the biggest cheater in American history, yet people still love him. What is it with these Republicans? Why is it so much harder for them to get away with something like this? Maybe they should first enroll in a class at the Bill Clinton School of Public Service before cheating on their spouse.

My point was that Clinton did not do worse but his consequences were worse, he was impeached and the GOP worked very hard to get the senate vote. Sanford left his job with no word to anyone on Father's Day weekend, went to have an affair and was still talking about it like a pathetic, lost in love loser a week or so ago...

His wife is humiliated, his kids probably want to kill him in his sleep and the GOP gives him a slap on the pee pee.

They talked about Clinton for years after his little affair with Monica. The hypocrites, I hope the mistress writes a tell all. :lol:

Last edited:

My point was that Clinton did not do worse but his consequences were worse, he was impeached and the GOP worked very hard to get the senate vote. Sanford left his job with no word to anyone on Father's Day weekend, went to have an affair and was still talking about it like a pathetic, lost in love loser a week or so ago...

His wife is humiliated, his kids probably want to kill him in his sleep and the GOP gives him a slap on the pee pee.

They talked about Clinton for years after his little affair with Monica. The hypocrites, I hope the mistress writes a tell all. :lol:

Clinton did much worse. The list of women he abused is lengthy and he lied under oath, a very serious offense. I know women in Arkansas today who still love him while knowing full-well what kind of a man he is. It boggles the mind.

Clinton did much worse. The list of women he abused is lengthy and he lied under oath, a very serious offense. I know women in Arkansas today who still love him while knowing full-well what kind of a man he is. It boggles the mind.

Tell me, would you be more likely to lose your job if you have an affair or if you left it for 5 days without a word?

Tell me, would you be more likely to lose your job if you have an affair or if you left it for 5 days without a word?

Both. But let's not forget the perjury charge. People don't just lose their job for that. They go to jail. Clinton didn't go to jail.

BTW, are you actually defending Bill Clinton???

Forum List

Back