Something of course not being reported. Puerto Rican mayor arrested. Trump vindicated.

Those who dis fact check and snopes are in the far right camp and can be laughed at.

Yes, it would take an entire corps of engineers to get the job done in an worthy and timely process.

We live in a modern transtechno-communications universe requiring top level planning and administration. It is the President's job to make sure the job is done.

Leadership from the top remains essential. Bush failed, Obama did somewhat better, and Trump has not instilled any confidence that he knows how to lead in disaster situations.

Anyone saying "let the little person be prepared" has no idea how the 21st century works.
Considering what Obama was up against, he was a miracle worker:

DizXzvnX4AAFKw5.jpg

Who’s resisting what’s good for America Now?

That’s right it’s you scum bag nut jobs on the left.

Won't be seeing anything about on the pathetic fake news and traitorous media.

Completely vindicated.

How are they doing about their fake collusion that their negro messiah said was impossible to do?

Wrong Mayor. False Report.
The website YourNewsWire—which readers of TWS Fact Check might be familiar with—published an article claiming that “San Juan mayor Carmen Yulín Cruz and her party are facing fraud charges relating to the embezzlement of over $3 million in federal funds.”

The blog post then goes on a long diatribe ridiculing the Mayor’s anti-Trump rhetoric, suggesting that it was hypocritical of Cruz to “blame Trump” for Puerto Rico's slow recovery when she was allegedly guilty of embezzlement.

According to a DOJ press release from July 5 of this year, it was the mayor of the municipality of Sabana Grande, Miguel G. Ortiz-Vélez, who had “been indicted and arrested for his participation in a conspiracy to steal federal funds involving fraudulently obtained contracts from the PR Department of Education.”...

Fact Check: Is Mayor Carmen Yulín Cruz of San Juan Facing Charges of Over $3 Million in Fraud?

Mayor of the Municipality of Sabana Grande Indicted for Conversion of Federal Funds, Fraud, and Money Laundering:... Mayor Of The Municipality Of Sabana Grande Indicted For Conversion Of Federal Funds, Fraud, And Money Laundering

— FBI San Juan (@FBISanJuan) July 12, 2018
YourNewsWire even cited the AP’s report that it was the “the mayor of the southwest town of Sabana Grande” not the mayor of San Juan. (Perhaps Gob Bluth assisted in the geographical mistake.) The article was shared

Fact check LMFAO. controlled by the same losers as SNOPES........ sorry you didn't win on your attempt " FACT CHECK FAILS"

Are you really STILL trying to say it was the mayor that talked shit to Trump?

Sorry at this point I lost my point of saying whatever I said back there. LOL... Sorry Lewd.

Sure, you do, Marty, and if you really did, you know the leadership from the top sucks.

To lazy to quote, as usual.

Slacker.

Still no proof of any delay related to Trump or mismanagement by Trump of the Recovery.

So now you resort to saying Trump has nothing to do with it. Really Marty. I thought he was this great leader who never slept (or golfed) that would do everything was wonderfully because he is a "stable genius" & knows how to do everything.

You're leaving out some details. She didn't steal for personal benefit, she made sure city employees got their meager paychecks and that some contractors doing cleanup work got paid.
wasn't 100 million in the the relief money going to politicians?
And their croneys
Perhaps these poor people could ask for dinero from them.

And the poster above must love goose stepping to the anthems of Mother Russia.

Tyrone, Trump did not lead as he should in the PR crisis. It still is a terrible mess, and that should not be the case a year after the fact.

She was also running for governor... she really should be taken out and shot

Which mayor?
A shit eating progressive one...
Whats the name?
God you are dense.... watch the video or google it.
but I will save you some time......Carmen Cruz

On some far right sites they are saying it's is Carmen Cruz, but in reality, it's not.

Here, educate yourself...............................

Puerto Rico mayor, two others arrested on corruption charges

Officials said former finance director Victor Cruz Quintero deposited some $2.5 million worth of funds from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development into the town's general and payroll accounts in October 2014.

He also is accused of making similar deposits and transfers of more than $1.75 million in funds from HUD and the Department of Health and Human Services from September 2014 to February 2016.

Toa Baja's former interim finance director, Angel Roberto Santos Garcia, is accused of making similar transactions worth $650,000 using funds from those two federal agencies.

It was not immediately clear if Cruz and Santos had attorneys.

Which mayor?
Whats the name?

Does your Google not work? Look it up, shit. We ain't ya fucking slaves.

You can also watch the fucking video and it shows her face, her interview and her name.
Why yes..My Duck Duck Go..works fine and it shows..without much effort...that this is all just a fake piece of Propaganda...which you bought into....simple as that. If you are an honest hater of false news..than you must really hate this, right?

Which mayor?
Whats the name?
God you are dense.... watch the video or google it.
but I will save you some time......Carmen Cruz
I'll save you some in return..Carmen Cruz was not arrested..now look up and read the title of the thread.

***circle twice and lick your nutz*** I'm sure that looking like an uninformed ass was your goal here, right?

I've got a reliable link in post 138. When I first started reading this thread, what the OP was claiming didn't sound right, so I did a Google search myself. Not only is the OP incorrect because of where they got the story, but this has already been debunked as false if they are saying that the female mayor was arrested.

Seems some far right sites saw a headline, got excited, and then said that the female mayor was arrested. No. She wasn't. All three that were arrested were dudes.

Misleading story links San Juan mayor to hurricane fraud

A headline on an online story says, "Puerto Rico mayor facing fraud charges over $3M in federal disaster relief."

The article includes a photo of San Juan Mayor Carmen Yulín Cruz, wearing a shirt with "NASTY" printed in large block letters. This photo is taken from a television appearance following Hurricane Maria, which struck Puerto Rico in September 2017.

Cruz was a vocal critic of President Donald Trump, accusing him of providing insufficient aid to the island.

On Facebook, the story's link preview shows Cruz’s face above the headline. But she has not been accused of fraud related to hurricane relief.

The article, published July 15 on Your News Wire, reveals that Cruz isn’t facing charges at all. A different Puerto Rican mayor was accused. (Fact-checkers at The Weekly Standard caught that the initial version of the story said that Cruz and her party faced charges, but the language had been changed by the time we looked at it. Some versions of the story copied elsewhere had not made the change.)

We decided to dig a little deeper and see what else might be misleading about this story.

Wrong mayor

The mayor facing fraud charges is Miguel Ortiz-Vélez of Sabana Grande. Federal authorities have accused him of running a three-year scheme, beginning in 2013 and ending in 2016, to defraud the government of $3 million. Ortiz-Vélez proposed projects to the Puerto Rico Department of Education, but intentionally overestimated their cost.

He gave the extra money to the companies he contracted out for the work, as well as to the city. The owner of one of the companies reimbursed Ortiz-Vélez nearly $23,000 in cash.

Ortiz-Vélez was indicted on July 2 for theft of government money, mail fraud, and money laundering. If he is found guilty, he could face up to 30 years in prison.

• Thanks
Reactions: xyz
Havne't seen reports of masses of 'Social Justice Warriors' racing to PR to help them out. No Democrat pols making big giant proclamations on the steps of the PR capital.

Where is Hillary and Maxine? Where is Faun and Asslips? Are they posting from the 'Social Justice' front lines n stuff?

Sure, you do, Marty, and if you really did, you know the leadership from the top sucks.

Slacker.

Still no proof of any delay related to Trump or mismanagement by Trump of the Recovery.
One example was trump taking a week to waive restrictions on boats taking aid to thd island. That was gross mismanagement.

Another example was his lack of holding a single meeting about the disaster response in the few days that followed the hurricane.

Cant be a discussion board if we don't require fighting just ONE battle at a time. Can't do free-for-alls. If your post does NOT move the topical discussion along -- don't hit reply. Don't mess or play with folks who are disrespecting the topic of the thread. 15 posts deleted.

Slacker.

So now you resort to saying Trump has nothing to do with it. Really Marty. I thought he was this great leader who never slept (or golfed) that would do everything was wonderfully because he is a "stable genius" & knows how to do everything.

Federal agencies are still working there.

You think Trump needs to get up on poles and splice wire?

Slacker.

One example was trump taking a week to waive restrictions on boats taking aid to thd island. That was gross mismanagement.

Another example was his lack of holding a single meeting about the disaster response in the few days that followed the hurricane.

That restriction is a federal law. you just can't up and have a President ignore a law passed by congress without making sure it is done legally.

bitch to congress that the law is still on the books.

Most of the initial responses to a disaster are pre-mandated and planned.

I have a feeling you don't attend a lot of meetings, based on your reverence for them.

Forum List

Back