Someone please explain NASCAR to me

gop_jeff said:
Gabby, as far as tires, they wear out pretty fast, based on various conditions like track composition, speed, temperature, etc. Newer tires give drivers a significant edge in speed, but if you pit too often to change tires, you lose time. So there's a balance to be struck.

Same with refueling. Yeah, everyone has to refuel, but you have to know exactly how far you can go before refueling, and hope that there are no yellow flags (meaning a caution - usually when there's some kind of wreck) right after you refuel.

The people on the sidelines with headphones are often crew chiefs. These guys are like the coach in baseball. They coordinate the pit crew, communiate with the driver, and basically keep the team doing what it has to do.

Please tell Danica Patrick about your views concerning refeuling!

Danica Patrick might be my favorite celebrity at the current time. She doesn't have any boobs, either.

Gabriella84 said:
I went to dinner last night with my friend Lauren and her boyfriend Edward. The restaurant had a car race on the TV screen that was closest to our table. So I spent about an hour being distracted by these cars driving in a circle.
I recall that someone here stated that NASCAR has a lot of strategy, What is it? Doesn't the fastest car win?
This is a non-threatening thread, by the way. I am laying aside my criticisms of car racing in an attempt to understand it's appeal. :)

It's all about the crashes. If they never crashed, no one would ever watch it.

Forum List

Back