Social Security Discussion

As I thought, you would find no reason to learn anything. Because you are a waste of space. You are indeed why rational people think those pushing your agenda are wide eyed idiots. AND, they are correct, in your case.
You got a lesson for free. Sorry you refused to learn anything.

What were you trying to teach me? That all failed investments are ponzi's? Do you hear voices as well or is this something the democrats have taught you?
I was not trying to teach you anything, me boy. I know better. You must have cognitive ability to be taught. You do not. Others provided a lesson, you failed to understand it. No surprise at all.

Ah, you're one of those "consensus" thinkers. ROFL It can't be a ponzi because there are a number of people who say it's not a ponzi. ROFL you are good for a laugh.

...ponzi schemes, the public likes it...
...one of those "consensus" thinkers. ROFL It can't be a ponzi because there are a number of people who say it's not a ponzi...
Reminds me of a second grade school class that got a hamster and the kids got in a big fight over whether it was a boy or a girl, so the the teacher had the class take a vote.

Interesting how the left's willing to take a vote on whether SS is sound just like they take a vote on whether the earth is getting hotter.

...ponzi schemes, the public likes it...
...one of those "consensus" thinkers. ROFL It can't be a ponzi because there are a number of people who say it's not a ponzi...
Reminds me of a second grade school class that got a hamster and the kids got in a big fight over whether it was a boy or a girl, so the the teacher had the class take a vote.

Interesting how the left's willing to take a vote on whether SS is sound just like they take a vote on whether the earth is getting hotter.
The number of states that are likely to go into default during obamacare's reign is likely to change some minds at the margin about social security too. Whether the numbers will be sufficient I do not know.

... number of states that are likely to go into default during obamacare's reign ...
That too. My but we live in interesting times...
The really interesting aspect of all of this is when you run the false positive/false negative numbers on all mandated preventative tests more people will die and medical costs will be far greater than can be imagined. The Nordic Cochrane study is good if you are interested in real life stomach turning horror stories about "Preventative" tests. That will ratchet up social security costs like nobody's business.

Then since state and local government employees can be and often are exempted from social security and medicare those defaults are also going to impact social security much more than even Ryan is predicting. So, extremely interesting times indeed.

And unlike ponzi schemes, the public likes it. As W found. And it is in the hands of the public to make sure that ss is there in full. As politicians who do not want to fix the problem will find out. As they always have.

this is not a new problem. We have been there before. It is simply that people are living longer and that we are facing the results of the baby boom. Assuming that we want to be rational about it. And that we are not trying to use the opportunity to try to kill ss, as con tools always do.

And unlike ponzi schemes, the public likes it.

Only those who are bad at math and those who collect without contributing.

My Social Security taxes would give me triple the benefits and hundreds of thousands to leave to my family, if they had been invested in the market.
Good. Perhaps you missed it, but we vote. So, whatever you want is only material if and when you get enough people who agree with you. In case you missed it, you do not have that majority. Ask W. He could explain it to you.

So, some passing dipshit said:
Can you even wipe your ass without help?
Yup. Use RKM Brown paper.

>> Can you name a time when ss has ever not paid???

It's not paid today if you never put into it and don't have a spouse who did. Additionally, it was never paid prior to January of 1937 when they first started collecting.
Of course, me poor ignorant con tool. Most know that. You get back if you put in. That is the way ss works. No free lunch, dipshit. And yes, me boy. Most of the time, you do not get payments from a program before it starts. Jesus, are you really that stupid. Oh, yeah, of course you are.

You may think it's funny that your children had to pay twice as much as you did for the same benefits, and your grandchildren twice as much again as your children.
Ever buy a house, dipshit? Ever hear of inflation?? Ever hear of cost of living increases?? Sure you did. Just too difficult for you to understand.

Is that what gets you so excited over this ponzi? That each successive generation has had to pay twice as much? How many times will it have to double in cost before jerks like you will let your children and grandchildren off the hook for paying for the dumbest largest ponzi ever devised by mankind?

Look up ponzi scheme, dipshit. You will see that at some point they do not pay of to a large number of folks. But, me boy, though this is hard for you to understand, ss ALWAYS PAYS. Just as you said. From 1937. Funny kind of ponzi scheme, dipshit. But, if you read the bat shit crazy con web sites, that is what they tell you. And that is all you know, me poor ignorant con tool.

What were you trying to teach me? That all failed investments are ponzi's? Do you hear voices as well or is this something the democrats have taught you?
I was not trying to teach you anything, me boy. I know better. You must have cognitive ability to be taught. You do not. Others provided a lesson, you failed to understand it. No surprise at all.

Ah, you're one of those "consensus" thinkers. ROFL It can't be a ponzi because there are a number of people who say it's not a ponzi. ROFL you are good for a laugh.
Jesus, it must be nice to be so ignorant, eh RK whatever? The point is not whether ss is the correct program or whether it is not. It is THE PROGRAM that the public likes, and wants to continue.
Now I know, me poor ignorant con tool, you are not in agreement with that whole voting thing. But the way it works is, the people get what they want to vote for, and you loose. Look it up.

You see, dipshit, if the public wanted privatized ss in the form of investments, I would go for it. But since they do not, I think they have the right to have what they want.

You, on the other hand, could care less what the public wants. Because you are a con tool with an agenda. And you want exactly what you are told to want. See, dipshit, that ring through your nose and the attached leash is what drives you. Thinking people, however, do not like being led.

...whatever you want is only material if and when you get enough people who agree with you...
This is good, we've got common ground for agreement here. SS is a ponzi scheme that's run out of money and is collapsing, and the voters only have themselves to blame.

Jesus, it must be nice to be so ignorant, eh RK whatever? The point is not whether ss is the correct program or whether it is not. It is THE PROGRAM that the public likes, and wants to continue.
Now I know, me poor ignorant con tool, you are not in agreement with that whole voting thing. But the way it works is, the people get what they want to vote for, and you loose. Look it up.

You see, dipshit, if the public wanted privatized ss in the form of investments, I would go for it. But since they do not, I think they have the right to have what they want.

You, on the other hand, could care less what the public wants. Because you are a con tool with an agenda. And you want exactly what you are told to want. See, dipshit, that ring through your nose and the attached leash is what drives you. Thinking people, however, do not like being led.

Retard. No one likes SS. NO ONE but you.

You may think it's funny that your children had to pay twice as much as you did for the same benefits, and your grandchildren twice as much again as your children.
Ever buy a house, dipshit? Ever hear of inflation?? Ever hear of cost of living increases?? Sure you did. Just too difficult for you to understand.

Is that what gets you so excited over this ponzi? That each successive generation has had to pay twice as much? How many times will it have to double in cost before jerks like you will let your children and grandchildren off the hook for paying for the dumbest largest ponzi ever devised by mankind?

Look up ponzi scheme, dipshit. You will see that at some point they do not pay of to a large number of folks. But, me boy, though this is hard for you to understand, ss ALWAYS PAYS. Just as you said. From 1937. Funny kind of ponzi scheme, dipshit. But, if you read the bat shit crazy con web sites, that is what they tell you. And that is all you know, me poor ignorant con tool.

Retard above thinks wages have not risen with inflation since 1932. Retard above does not understand that 15% of personal income is many times higher than 2% of personal income.

In short, Rshermr, is retarded.

That would be your opinion, me poor ignorant con tool. And you know how much I respect your opinion.
W tried to get support for privatizing ss, and found out who supported what. Which is well known. By those in the rational world. Which is why you have no knowledge of it.

But, me boy, you will see no presidential candidate try to change ss. Because they, unlike you:
1. Are not butt stupid.
2. Know that trying to take on ss will kill their electoral chances.

Jesus, you are stupid.

Proving again that he is incapable of either reading or of understanding, rkm whatever thinks I like ss. It is not a matter of whether or not I like it, but rather whether the population who vote like it. Maybe you should study the whole voting thing, me poor ignorant con.

I never said I liked ss, me boy. That is your assumption. It is that nasty voting thing. I simply think that the population should get what they vote for. And you simply do not.

Retard above thinks wages have not risen with inflation since 1932. Retard above does not understand that 15% of personal income is many times higher than 2% of personal income.

In short, Rshermr, is retarded.
Uh, me poor ignorant con tool, you actually need to stop lying before someone will pay attention to you. For instance, you would be surprised to learn, I suppose, that the ss rate today is not 15% for the individual. It is, in fact, 6.75% for any individual. But, of course, only up to the ss limit (FICA Limit). For individuals making much over $100K per year, the marginal ss rate is 0%.
By the way, the ss rate for today is the same as it was 25 years ago.

Just trying to educate you, me boy. I should have known better. You need brain activity in order to be educated. And besides, you do not want to know anything. So much easier to just believe what you are told in the bat shit crazy con web sites, me boy.

By the way, dipshit. Try rereading your sentence. It makes no earthly sense. Perhaps a remedial course in logic??? NAH. Way beyond you.

Last edited:
SS funding basically works as follows: We have a population of 314 million, of which around 58 percent are employed in some way, shape, or form. These people help to create the real goods and services currently for sale. They also receive all of the income which is available in the general economy so to speak. These real goods and services must be purchased in an immediate fashion; we can’t hoard them for use down the road. A mechanic can’t save repairs for later; you either fix your car or you don’t. You can’t stockpile future visits to the mechanic for when you decide to retire. Some things can be saved, though. You could purchase a car and store it for 20 or so years from today until you ultimately retire. You would take something work maybe 20k-25k and turn it into something worth 2k-3k.

In the even current workers were the only people who could purchase stuff, what would happen? Obviously, all the workers would consume all available real goods and services since they’re receiving all the income. We wouldn’t have any surplus for anyone else. All societies have people who aren’t working, such as children, the disabled, and the elderly. The question is, do we want to live in a society where these people receive nothing?

We have around 62 million people that are retired or disabled in the US. So we have a tax on workers that decreases total income. This results in them only being able to consume a certain amount of real goods and services. We also have the federal government cut checks (income) for theses 62 million people. They then use this income to consume any leftover goods and services which haven’t been consumed.

It’s critical to realize that this tax is utilized to decrease aggregate demand for current workers. These taxes don’t fund a thing. The reason the government makes these payments is to make sure that all the available real goods and services in the economy are being purchased. In the event we have a surplus of real goods and services, then taxes should be lowered and payments should be increased.

We have around 20 million unemployed (and underemployed) people in the US. We also have industrial capacity at record lows. We have a ton of idle capacity we can use to take care of any and all retirees. The SS program isn’t any type of trouble where it can’t meet the demand of current and future retirees.

Last edited:

Wow, the irony of you calling someone a retard then proclaiming to speak for the opinion of a few hundred million people regarding absolute and universal dislike for the concept of social security is a treat to see.

Wow, the irony of you calling someone a retard then proclaiming to speak for the opinion of a few hundred million people regarding absolute and universal dislike for the concept of social security is a treat to see.

The irony of someone trying to argue that any sane person would want to volutarily give up 15% of their income so that if they live long enough they might a small percentage of it back. Yes you can probably find people who have little to no income who are excited about the raise they will get when they are old enough to collect SS.

Forum List

Back