So when men get married they never see their male friends again?

fbj

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2014
Most of my male friends are married and I no longer her from them or watch a ball game with them. So a man is never supposed to see his male friends every again once he is married.

Not even once a month?

Most of my male friends are married and I no longer her from them or watch a ball game with them. So a man is never supposed to see his male friends every again once he is married.

Not even once a month?
What?

I would recommend getting together with your friends at least once a month......Don't worry, your wife/girlfriend/SO will pick that time of month for you!!!!

Not even once a month?

When you get married, ALWAYS spend at least one night out a week with the boys.

(And NEVER spend it with the boys)

Not even once a month?

Any couple that starts running their own household and/or a family
is going to run into this balancing act of work, home, family and time out for friends and for themselves.

If you and your friend both have kids the same age,
that's possible to get together and do family activities.

For a guys' night out, or a girls' night out for the women in the same situation, this takes more planning.

What I suggested to a friend of mine is having a separate bank account
and budget for some projects or goals she has SEPARATE for herself, apart from the joint account with her husband and expenses for kids.

So you need to keep some priorities for yourself, for relations
with friends community or projects outside the rest, and take turns
balancing or rotating to make sure you get those all in some place.

It's a challenge for everyone, especially with kids and juggling work!
I don't have kids and I can't keep up with community commitments
I have. with couples with kids it's even harder for them.

What my bf and his brothers will do is set up some nights to
watch a fight on cable together, or go play baseball together
and eat out afterwards.

even helping with yard or home renovations, a garage sale,
can be a group activity and an excuse to get together
and enjoy a beer and BBQ after the work is done to celebrate.

with the economy cutting everyone's budgets it is harder
to get things done, so you might need to get creative and
combine work tasks with spending time together. anything
can become an opportunity to get together, just keep in touch
with your friends, find out what their priorities are and needs,
and try to tie in what you can do with what fits their schedule and vice versa.

Not even once a month?
I'll take a wild stab your buddies' wives don't want them hanging around with you.

Not even once a month?

Why are you asking us- rather than your male friends?

There is no 'rule' that married men no longer get to have male friends- many- perhaps most- have friends that they see regularly.

Anyway- if you want to see them or hear from them more often- reach out- set something up. Don't expect them to.

I don't know why some people take issue with this. To me, both spouses should be allowed to still see their friends.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

It's not them, it's you...

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that your remaining single friends are working hard to find women to marry...

^^^ What is it that makes me the problem? And what did I say to deserve such a thing being said to me in return?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. I don't see anything wrong with both spouses getting to be with their friends still.

Last edited:

Not even once a month?
Maybe they're tell you something we already know....... :eusa_whistle:

Not even once a month?
Pretty well works out that way.

^^^ What is it that makes me the problem? And what did I say to deserve such a thing being said to me in return?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. I don't see anything wrong with both spouses getting to be with their friends still.

I am guessing what the OP means is it's easier said than done.
What you'd like to do, and what you find time and ways to schedule are two different things.

In reality, trying to juggle Quality Time between the different social circles
takes some work to maneuver. When you add Kids to the mix, and both
parents work, now that's a REAL challenge.

Not even once a month?

I imagine that has more to do with you than the fact they are married.

If you are not seeing your male friends, either they don't want to see you or you are not doing much to see them. It is not about being married. There is a difference. When you're single you have more spare time. Your male friends are the first ones you call. When you're married you have to schedule things.

Forum List

Back