So, what's the end result of the Town Hall "battles"?

Vast LWC

<-Mohammed
Aug 4, 2009
New York
Here's the main issue with these TownHall disruptions, and I'll try to keep this as non-partisan as possible:

The clear end result of this behavior is that TownHall events will cease to exist.

TownHall meetings are an excellent forum, where regular people actually get to talk face to face with their representatives.

The idea of the TownHall was championed by people like John McCain, who, for all his faults, sometimes knows a great idea when he sees one.

But they will cease to exist if this continues.

Here's the most likely progression:

1. Mobs organized by right-wing extremist groups and private health care interests interrupt and disrupt TownHall meetings across America.

2. Left-wing extremist interest groups realize the other side is trying to drown out left-wing voices, so they send mobs of their own to combat these groups.

3. Local constituents are unable to ask questions of their representatives and become discouraged, especially as these confrontations escalate to violence.

4. TownHall meetings become useless exercises, as their intended purpose is not being realized and violent encounters keep getting sparked.

This is in the best interest of extremists and corporate entities, as TownHall meetings serve to inform the public and representatives alike, which runs counter to the multi-million dollar ad campaigns that they run to send the public THEIR message.

The people who will most benefit from this will be News media, because the more information sources that are closed off (other than them of course), the more powerful they become.

So, I hope you all are proud of yourselves. If you succeed in shutting down TownHall meetings, you're helping to hand our country over to the extremists and corporate interests.

Thanks so much, the rest of America will really appreciate the end result, I'm sure. :clap2:

Last edited:
Oh well then we had just better sit down and shut up, as we are told the daily Washington talking points and enjoy the new social justice scheme.

So, what's the end result of the Town Hall "battles"?

Um, that the Dems look like the closest thing we've seen to real Nazis in over 60 years?

They may have to submit questions in writing Not hand picked ahead of time but have them answered randomly like a lottery Not sure if they can answer every question but that would be valuable too

• Banned
Oh well then we had just better sit down and shut up, as we are told the daily Washington talking points and enjoy the new social justice scheme.

OR, you could just go to the town hall meetings in YOUR DISTRICT and ask questions like everyone else. Then you VOTE. That's what elections are for.

Hell, you can hold a town meeting of your own, you could even RUN FOR OFFICE. This is America, you can do whatever you want, except trample all over other people rights.

Last edited:
  • Banned
Um, that the Dems look like the closest thing we've seen to real Nazis in over 60 years?

Yeah, no.

If anything, the Right-winger look like Nazis, as they were the FIRST ones who tried to strong-arm politicians and their constituents.

But notice, in my original post, I specifically did not assign blame to one side or the other. I see some people just can't help themselves though, forcing me to respond in kind. Sigh.

Obama has yet to have a real townhall meeting since becoming president - all handpicked participants in highly scripted environments.

Kudos to those Democrat politicians willing to take the heat and allow others the opportunity to ask actual questions of them.

Obama has yet to have a real townhall meeting since becoming president - all handpicked participants in highly scripted environments.

Kudos to those Democrat politicians willing to take the heat and allow others the opportunity to ask actual questions of them.

Presidents nearly always stack the deck, with both audiences and reporters.

Congress people though are supposed to represent a specific constituency. Of course they are free to vote differently, but they should be aware of what the people want. Then they can make their own choices and knowingly take the possible consequences.

They may have to submit questions in writing Not hand picked ahead of time but have them answered randomly like a lottery Not sure if they can answer every question but that would be valuable too

We've already seen how well this works for the Democrats. Obama uses it all the time in his staged press conferences. Already has the answers to the questions up on his prompter. He never goes into one of these things unarmed without the preselected questions. It's because he's such a mope that he can't speak for himself and needs his handlers to spell out the answers for him. It also prevents him from being asked anything but softball questions and nothing that would remotely be a question outside of his talking points.

Last edited:

Yeah, no.

If anything, the Right-winger look like Nazis, as they were the FIRST ones who tried to strong-arm politicians and their constituents.

But notice, in my original post, I specifically did not assign blame to one side or the other. I see some people just can't help themselves though, forcing me to respond in kind. Sigh.

I've been reading through the Final Solution Health Care Bill and Oh my God! You have no idea what you fucking people started!

I see now why you want to shut debate down on it.

Page 425:

"(FF) advance care planning consultation (as defined in subsection (hhh)(1));"; and

(B) by adding at the end the following new subsection:

"Advance Care Planning Consultation

"(hhh)(1) Subject to paragraphs (3) and (4), the term &#8216;advance care planning consultation&#8217; means a consultation between the individual and a practitioner described in paragraph (2) regarding advance care planning, if, subject to paragraph (3), the individual involved has not had such a consultation within the last 5 years. Such consultation shall include the following:

"(A) An explanation by the practitioner of advance care planning, including key questions and considerations, important steps, and suggested people to talk to (like say, Ezeikel Emanuel or John Holdren?).

"(B) An explanation by the practitioner of advance directives, including living wills and durable powers of attorney, and their uses.

"(C) An explanation by the practitioner of the role and responsibilities of a health care proxy.

"(D) The provision by the practitioner of a list of national and State-specific resources to assist consumers and their families with advance care planning, including the national toll-free hotline.."

HealthCare Hotline Operator: Hello, how may I help you end your life?

Last edited:

exactly,, I don't know why these left wing weenies keep trying to blow so much smoke up everyone's backside.

Advance Care Planning Consultation

So.... there's a clause to help people plan for what happens in case they die?

Wow, sooo dangerous.

Shouldn't everyone be planning what to do in case they die?

Really, and your proof of this is?

I'd bet you probably are repeating what you heard on the Radio or on FoxNews word for word.

I'm also willing to bet money that you've never even watched an Obama town hall all the way through.

If you had, you would have heard some of the off-message questions asked there.

exactly,, I don't know why these left wing weenies keep trying to blow so much smoke up everyone's backside.

To create a smokescreen in an attempt to hide their posteriors from people like you, who are trying to screw them right up the backside.

Really, and your proof of this is?

I'd bet you probably are repeating what you heard on the Radio or on FoxNews word for word.

I'm also willing to bet money that you've never even watched an Obama town hall all the way through.

If you had, you would have heard some of the off-message questions asked there.

You mean like the one about Gates that he handled so well? :confused:

Advance Care Planning Consultation

So.... there's a clause to help people plan for what happens in case they die?

Wow, sooo dangerous.

Shouldn't everyone be planning what to do in case they die?

Well, we're a free society. Some will, some won't. Keep this administration out of my face. Thanks.

Here's the main issue with these TownHall disruptions, and I'll try to keep this as non-partisan as possible:

The clear end result of this behavior is that TownHall events will cease to exist.

TownHall meetings are an excellent forum, where regular people actually get to talk face to face with their representatives.

The idea of the TownHall was championed by people like John McCain, who, for all his faults, sometimes knows a great idea when he sees one.

1. Mobs organized by right-wing extremist groups and private health care interests interrupt and disrupt TownHall meetings across America.

2. Left-wing extremist interest groups realize the other side is trying to drown out left-wing voices, so they send mobs of their own to combat these groups.

3. Local constituents are unable to ask questions of their representatives and become discouraged, especially as these confrontations escalate to violence.

4. TownHall meetings become useless exercises, as their intended purpose is not being realized and violent encounters keep getting sparked.

This is in the best interest of extremists and corporate entities, as TownHall meetings serve to inform the public and representatives alike, which runs counter to the multi-million dollar ad campaigns that they run to send the public THEIR message.

The people who will most benefit from this will be News media, because the more information sources that are closed off (other than them of course), the more powerful they become.

So, I hope you all are proud of yourselves. If you succeed in shutting down TownHall meetings, you're helping to hand our country over to the extremists and corporate interests.

Thanks so much, the rest of America will really appreciate the end result, I'm sure. :clap2:
That sounds about right. Town hall meetings will become virtual meetings on the internet...and who can blame the pols when the fuckwads out there encourage each other to come armed.

That sounds about right. Town hall meetings will become virtual meetings on the internet...and who can blame the pols when the fuckwads out there encourage each other to come armed.

Actually it may work out for the best. At least people will know where to go. Since the representatives don't want to hear and respond, the folks will listen and respond to those who will and vote accordingly.

as I pointed out earlier,, all they want is to preach to their choirs.. the whole world is watching. and the democwats don't look so awfully pretty right now

Forum List

Back