So, what's the end result of the Town Hall "battles"?

as I pointed out earlier,, all they want is to preach to their choirs.. the whole world is watching. and the democwats don't look so awfully pretty right now

Actually the 'world' may love them, but the American people are having a problem or two.

I got a phone call the other week from my Congressman. It was a phone-hall type meeting vs. a town-hall one. If you wanted to ask a question, you pushed 0 and got put into the que. While you were waiting, or if you didn't ask a question, you could hear what people were asking and what the Congressman's response was, you could hang up at any time.

Keep this administration out of my face.

It's a voluntary program to plan for eventualities, like a living will kind of deal.

The administration wouldn't be "in your face".

as I pointed out earlier,, all they want is to preach to their choirs.

And a point for which you still have provided no evidence. Neither has anyone else.

and the democwats don't look so awfully pretty right now

You've been watching too much FoxNews. It's you people that look bad on this one. Thanks for playing though.

It's a voluntary program to plan for eventualities, like a living will kind of deal.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCMDur9CDZ4]YouTube - Obama Says "Argue With Neighbors, Get In Their Face"[/ame]

But being part of the exchange wouldn't be voluntary, would it? Now, they're looking for taddle-tales if you disagree with HR 3200. Sounds like they're in my face to me.

So, what's the end result of the Town Hall "battles"?

Um, that the Dems look like the closest thing we've seen to real Nazis in over 60 years?

Frank, these people are precisely Nazis... Their ideology is precisely the same... it is the search for power towards the goal of cultural CONTROL!

PERIOD.

And it leads to precisely the same place... Chaos, Calamity and catastrophe.

Um, that the Dems look like the closest thing we've seen to real Nazis in over 60 years?

Yeah, no.

If anything, the Right-winger look like Nazis, as they were the FIRST ones who tried to strong-arm politicians and their constituents.

Now this is CLASSIC! The phrase "Strong arm" has been applied... which is fine except what the phrase is defining is: The unapologetic holding of elected representatives to account for their position on policy which is presently being considered in their respective house of the legislature; policy which directly affects the lives of those constituents... Contention to their side stepping the issue and their overt LIES or 'misrepresentations of the facts'... THIS is being defined by this idiot as "STRONG ARMING"...

It's a lie... and it's why the nation is barreling towards civil war.

and the democwats don't look so awfully pretty right now

You've been watching too much FoxNews. It's you people that look bad on this one. Thanks for playing though.

ROFLMNAO...

Get ready Kids... brace yourself... they really are too stupid to recognize what they're doing.

It's all over but the crying...

One of these 'meetings' will end up with a death or some deaths and that will be the end of it.

The reps will go underground; they'll talk of extremism as if the issue is the reaction to their policy and NOT the policy...

What you MUST understand is that the Left actually believes that because they won the election, they have a RIGHT to usurp your unalienable rights. Most of these idiots do not even recognize divine, unalienable rights as even being REAL... they believe to the center of their hollow cores that THE GOVERNMENT DETERMINES what rights you have and THEY CONTROL THE GOVERNMENT.

There is no point within that framework for a free people to negotiate... They are oppressors and the only way to deal with an oppressor is to kick their ass and render them incapable of further oppression.

Nature has a solution to this and with the recent White House decree to double down on the reaction to this dissent... it is clear that nature is on the case. Give them time and they'll make it possible for a moral, principled people to rid the planet of this oppression, through a morally sound, principled defense, born of our sacred duty; which rest directly upon our unalienable rights.

Let 'em go... it's their call and they'll have no one to blame but themselves...

But being part of the exchange wouldn't be voluntary, would it? Now, they're looking for taddle-tales if you disagree with HR 3200. Sounds like they're in my face to me.

Wow. How petty. Have you ever been asked whether or not you wanted to be an organ donor when you received your driver’s license? Did you ever fill out forms – one of those forms being a living will? If you are not interested in participating in such things then “just say no”. No Gestapo is going to be bringing you into some government interrogation chamber for third-degree questioning. Lighten up.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCMDur9CDZ4]YouTube - Obama Says "Argue With Neighbors, Get In Their Face"[/ame]

Yeah Kids, that's all it is... I mean why get all bogged down in that whole thing where they refused to provide the treatment that would extend your life...

It's just planning for the inevitable... it's not like you're going to live forever!

Of course, some people would say... HEY! We have that right now! Why spend trillions of Dollars which will inevitably result in people having FEWER CHOICES, any number of which MIGHT BE FINDING SOMEONE THAT WILL PROVIDE THE TREAATMENT WHICH WILL EXTEND THEIR LIFE!

See how ridiculous these people are?

This ENTIRE National Healthcare scheme is built around the misnomer that what we have now is not PERFECT... '43 million Americans do not have healthinsurance!' and so on...

The premise being that National Healthcare will solve the problem... YET... here we are discussing the bill wherein it is setting the stage for what happens when the national Healthcare System REFUSES TO OFFER TREATMENT...

Now I ask ya... What problem is being solved by a system which says on the ONE HAND: "We're providing Healthcare Coverage" and on the other: "You need to recognize that we're not going to cover your every need..." Particularly when the natural and unavoidable effect will be that when people CHOOSE the government subsidized plan, the pools of privately insured plans which they were formely in will dry up... thus the alternatives to that subsidized plan will slowly disappear...

What's more, the revenue once generated by that system will also slowly disappear... thus the revenues generated by taxes to the US Federal treasury which once flowed by the billions will also slowly disappear. Thus there will be fewer dollars to sustain the government subsidy...

Taking it further, the 'taxing the Rich' thing is about dried up... as 'the Rich' are presently paying the lions share of all taxes... not the least of which are income taxes. We know that we are presently realizing a annual deficit of over 2 trillion dollars... thus 'taxing the Rich' isn't even BEGINNING to pay for the federal spending and that DOESN'T EVEN INCLUDE THIS CATASTROPHE...

So the federal government will require a paradigm shift which leans MUCH heavier on taxing the SHIT out of the "NON-RICH"...

Now do people work HARDER when that work is discouraged by punishing taxation?

Nope... thus what happens? Productivity falls, resulting in revenue falling, resulting in less money to the federal treasury, resulting in a greater need to punish production; resulting in lower production... lower revenues and inevitably economic collapse.

Which, the last time I checked, bankrupt governments are known for providing a lot of health coverage... and the other subsidies tend to suffer as well...

Now thats generally around the time that those who were misinformed that they were entitled to those subsidies begin to rebel... and take what they are entitled to from whoever they feel has it.

Now THAT is what is being contested... and frankly it's perfectly reasonable to do just that.

Yeah Kids, that's all it is... I mean why get all bogged down in that whole thing where they refused to provide the treatment that would extend your life

"Extend your life"? Have you and your right wing buddies found the fountain of youth then?

That's interesting.

when the national Healthcare System REFUSES TO OFFER TREATMENT

I've seen a whole lot of people refused various treatments that their private health insurance didn't cover. How exactly will a National Health Care system, which is not interested in profits, be any worse in this respect? And it could in fact be better.

"You need to recognize that we're not going to cover your every need..."

How much would a private insurance plan cost if it "covers your every need"? I would think it would be an astronomical amount. But hey, under the Obama plan, you would be free to choose to get that ridiculously expensive private care plan, now wouldn't you? After all, he's just suggesting a public option, now isn't he?

Taking it further, the 'taxing the Rich' thing is about dried up... as 'the Rich' are presently paying the lions share of all taxes...

Actually, since capital gains taxes are taxed at 15% at the moment, and since there is a cap on payroll taxes at what, 80K? The rich are actually paying a lower percentage of their income than middle class folks.

The reason the rich are paying the lion's share of taxes, is because the rich have a larger lion's share of the wealth.

Which is only right, since all of the national services are used to help them get and protect that lion's share.

So I assume you think the rich just "work harder" than everyone else, especially Joe Sixpack, right?

Typical right-wing financial elitist.

Let me ask you this:

In the 40's 50's and 60's, taxes on the higher brackets were at a MUCH higher rate (sometimes over 80%). Now, do you think that period of our nation's history was a particularly unproductive period?

Honestly I have never once known anyone to not work as hard due to higher taxation, not even one person.

Do you have some statistics that prove people don't work as hard when taxed by say 5% more?

Nope... thus what happens? Productivity falls, resulting in revenue falling, resulting in less money to the federal treasury

Yeah, are you familiar with the "Laffer Curve"? The guy has become a partisan hack lately, but he used to do some quality work.

Well, anyway, if you look at the Laffer Curve, there's a point, in relation to GDP, where lowering taxes stops working in relation to raising tax revenue.

That point was reached at the end of the Clinton administration.

For a while, the GDP was artifically inflated by the fake money from the housing market and the bogus securities it generated, keeping tax revenues relatively even. But once the bubble burst, revenues began to decline, fast.

And look where it got us! Bush sure handed Mr Obama a great economy, didn't he?

Oh, and the last time Capital Gains taxes were lower than 20%? That would be in the years immediately preceding the '29 Market Crash and the Great Depression. Coincidence? hmm...

Last edited:
Advance Care Planning Consultation

So.... there's a clause to help people plan for what happens in case they die?

Wow, sooo dangerous.

Shouldn't everyone be planning what to do in case they die?

in case?
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Indeed. Then the genius caps it off with two posts with not quotes, so no way to respond to the nonsense. I'm for ignoring, permanently, but i've always been harsh. ;)

Which, the last time I checked, bankrupt governments are known for providing a lot of health coverage... and the other subsidies tend to suffer as well...

Examples being?

France isn't bankrupt, Canada isn't bankrupt, who might you be referring to?

Or is this simliar to that mysterious "they" or "some people" you right-wingers are always referring to?

Forum List

Back