So what should we do about China?

Does China minipulate currency and steal tech or not?

• Yes

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

evenflow1969

Gold Member
Jul 17, 2016
Ohio
So for years we have heard of currency minipuation and the stealing of tech from china. They are being agressive in the south China sea and have long been our enemies. They are certainly on the rise. We talk about Tarriffs tanking the economy. What should we have done? Are their other choices than tarriffs that can be applied? What are we going to do about all of their computer parts in our network systems? Instead of the normal hey governemnt what you are doing sucks, should we not be coming up with suggestions that do not suck?

So for years we have heard of currency minipuation and the stealing of tech from china. They are being agressive in the south China sea and have long been our enemies. They are certainly on the rise. We talk about Tarriffs tanking the economy. What should we have done? Are their other choices than tarriffs that can be applied? What are we going to do about all of their computer parts in our network systems? Instead of the normal hey governemnt what you are doing sucks, should we not be coming up with suggestions that do not suck?

"Instead of the normal hey governemnt what you are doing sucks, should we not be coming up with suggestions that do not suck?"

ok

go ahead.

stop buying "made in china" at walmart.

"Instead of the normal hey governemnt what you are doing sucks, should we not be coming up with suggestions that do not suck?"

ok

go ahead.
For starters declare computer parts for government computer networks protected by national security and only american made parts go into criticle structure. There is a start on the computer security issue. Does that get the ball rolling? Do you have any suggestions?

I have tried. Have you ran around your town looking for made in the USA stamp. They are not easy to find. It is a bit scary.

I have tried. Have you ran around your town looking for made in the USA stamp. They are not easy to find. It is a bit scary.

except for food I buy all items (clothes, lamps, furniture, books) at rummage sales or estate sales and I ONLY buy vintage.

Are you aware that China has not been designated a "currency manipulator" since 1994?

It's pretty funny to see pundits putting on theater for the rubes about China being a currency manipulator when the last I checked, our Federal Reserve had increased the money in circulation by something like $3 trillion between 2008 and 2013.

As for the theft of IP, most of the burden for preventing theft is on the private sector. They are asleep at the switch.

The same is true of intellectual property.

I've had my personal data stolen from the VA, Marriott, and Equifax. You know why? Because all three were stupid and careless and were not protecting our data as aggressively as they should have been. They were asleep at the switch.

When we catch identity thieves, they should be kneecapped. Aggressively prosecuted.

The same goes for entities which are caught stealing IP. Targeted sanctions.

Blanket tariffs punish Americans more than they punish the criminals. That approach is stupid. It's theater for you rubes.

Are you aware that China has not been designated a "currency manipulator" since 1994?

It's pretty funny to see pundits putting on theater for the rubes about China being a currency manipulator when the last I checked, our Federal Reserve had increased the money in circulation by something like $3 trillion between 2008 and 2013.

As for the theft of IP, most of the burden for preventing theft is on the private sector. They are asleep at the switch.

I've had my personal data stolen from the VA, Marriott, and Equifax. You know why? Because all three were stupid and careless and were not protecting our data as aggressively as they should have been. They were asleep at the switch.

When we catch identity thieves, they should be kneecapped. Aggressively prosecuted.

Blanket tariffs punish Americans more than they punish the criminals. That approach is stupid. It's theater for you rubes.
Sorry calling me a rube upsets me a bit. I feel as though you have missed the point of this thread. We are looking for better solutions than current ones. You are not a Rube to question the status quo, this is how you avoid being a rube. I know this I do not have ideas of what to do to punish China other than tarriffs. I have an easier time coming up for solutions for the computer issue. If through the discourse of discusion tarrifs become our only option then we must discuss how to make them effective. The purpose of this discussion is to prevent being a rube. Better choices will be greatly appreciated. If you beleive tarriffs are bad please offer another choice. I am not fond of the tarriff option but do not have any better ideas currently. I am hoping all of you do. What do you think of the idea of requiring critical systems of the government to be made in the USA? Is this a start for the computer parts issue?

Sorry calling me a rube upsets me a bit. I feel as though you have missed the point of this thread. We are looking for better solutions than current ones. You are not a Rube to question the status quo, this is how you avoid being a rube. I know this I do not have ideas of what to do to punish China other than tarriffs. I have an easier time coming up for solutions for the computer issue. If through the discourse of discusion tarrifs become our only option then we must discuss how to make them effective. The purpose of this discussion is to prevent being a rube. Better choices will be greatly appreciated. If you beleive tarriffs are bad please offer another choice. I am not fond of the tarriff option but do not have any better ideas currently. I am hoping all of you do. What do you think of the idea of requiring critical systems of the government to be made in the USA? Is this a start for the computer parts issue?
What part of "targeted sanctions" do you not understand? I'm here to help.

Don't let anything from China into the US. Then tell them that all that US debt they hold is now worthless.

"For years we have heard". Why didn't anyone ask that question during the Obama administration? President Trump is doing more about trade relations and foreign policy than every dead head administration since Reagan.

What part of "targeted sanctions" do you not understand? I'm here to help.
Thank you , um could you elaborate a bit? Like exactly what specific targets should we have and how would these be implemented and enforced? I think we should also consider almost a cold war investment in espionage. Also along with such sanctions what will we do about the thwarting of them. That has been an issue in the pst when we were on better terms with our allies. Placing tarriffs on the world all at once including our allies leads me to believe that the work around US sanctions is becoming even easier today than in the past. Trumps unilateral moves has hurt the whole cooperation thing.

what would happen if there were the equivalent of a Triangle Shirtwaist fire at an iphone factory in china? would anyone care?

actually we know the answer!

the work at FoxConn, the Taiwanese company, is repetitive and hard, the pressure from management unrelenting

workers are forced to stand for 24 hours straight and are savagely beaten, to the point where they prefer suicide

when was the last time a group of socially conscious hipsters from Brooklyn protested outside the house of Apple CEO Tim Cook?

never of course.

thats because apple has purchased indulgences from the church of cultural liberalism.

Forum List

Back