So We Not Only Hoard Our Own Garbage ...

There are not that many federal inmates. I think the total might run to a couple of hundred thousand. As opposed to state prisons, which have something in the neighborhood of 1.27 million inmates.

This site BOP: Population Statistics shows there are only 188,658 inmates in federal prisons. One in four? That gives you a grand total of 47,165 inmates being foreign born. Not the scream worthy number the headline suggests.

There are not that many federal inmates. I think the total might run to a couple of hundred thousand. As opposed to state prisons, which have something in the neighborhood of 1.27 million inmates.

This site BOP: Population Statistics shows there are only 188,658 inmates in federal prisons. One in four? That gives you a grand total of 47,165 inmates being foreign born. Not the scream worthy number the headline suggests.

But you can interpolate that to the general State prison population and that gives an estimated 317,500 illegal alien inmates. At 30K per, that comes out to 11.12 BILLION dollars that we must spend on them, that we could be spending on our own people and using that cash to try and keep them out of prison.

Actually it is less than that.

BOP Statistics: Inmate Citizenship

The number of foreign born federal inmates totals 40,909 or 21.7%

The number of US Born federal inmates totals 147,587 or 78.3%

I guess the OP would feel a whole lot better if they were all homegrown.

But, to your point, yep, the total population of federal inmates is a drop in the bucket when compared to state, and county inmates.

Of course they are. Mexico and South America dumps human garbage over the border. Sure some good ones sneak in...........but if they got a known"problem" down south, they send it north. Why should they keep it? Dum-Dum DemWitt Whitey will take it. House, feed, medicate..........eventually incarcerate. LOL I almost put educate.

Forum List

Back