So True

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
You've got to go to this site, so many links and so funny!

http://www.discriminations.us/storage/002774.html

You might have missed this, but a few days ago Teresa revealed on National Public Radio that the recipe she submitted to Family Circle magazine for its election year cookie bake-off was not hers.

Mrs. Heinz Kerry had originally submitted a recipe called Yummy Wonders, but, according to Family Circle, its test kitchen said the recipe did not work. When the magazine called her press office and asked if there had been a mistake, the press office sent the pumpkin cookie recipe without consulting her, said her press secretary, Marla Romash.

Whether she would have fessed up had the cookies been tasty is a matter that the historians will have to resolve.

I'm sure there are those who regard playing fast and loose with cookie recipes as of great/no (take your choice) importance, but what may be of some significance is the hint of an underlying paranoid style that pops up from time to time around Kerry's inner circle. Consider:

In an interview on National Public Radio that was broadcast yesterday, the cookies came up in conversation and in the direct, unvarnished style that people have come to expect, Mrs. Heinz Kerry said: "Somebody at my office gave that recipe out and, in fact, I think somebody really made it on purpose to give a nasty recipe. I never made pumpkin cookies; I don't like pumpkin spice cookies."

Direct, unvarnished ... blame of others (in this case her own staff) for attempting to bring her down.

This is not pretty, but it's also not unique. Remember Kerry's response after his skiing, er, accident?

When asked a moment later about the incident by a reporter on the ski run, Kerry said sharply, "I don't fall down," the "son of a b*itch knocked me over." [The alleged son of a bitch was the Secret Service agent protecting Kerry at the time.]

And now they've done it again. Did you see the pictures of Kerry in the funny looking "bunny suit" on his recent NASA visit? A "dirty trick," said his campaign. (Link via InstaPundit).

There was no "dirty trick" behind the photographs of Sen. John Kerry wearing the blue anti-contamination suit while touring the shuttle Discovery on Monday.

As political pundits and comedians pounced on the pictures of Kerry in what outsiders might deem a goofy-looking costume, the senator's campaign aides alleged the pictures were not supposed to be released publicly.

Not true, said NASA. Government photographers routinely snap pictures of visiting dignitaries.

Furthermore, NASA spokesman Bill Johnson said the Kerry campaign asked that the pictures be taken of the senator's unusually up-close tour of the Discovery and that processing be expedited so reporters could have them.

The pictures have prompted chuckles and jokes among political pundits covering the Democratic National Convention in Boston because, to people unfamiliar with shuttle operations, the head-to-toe light-blue suits look goofy.

No, what looks goofy, even mildly paranoid, is this habit of attributing everything that goes a bit wrong to the "dirty tricks" of others, presumably the all-powerful and ubiquitous "Republican attack machine" whose tentacles extend from NASA all the way into Teresa's personal staff.

Posted by John at 09:33 AM

I doubt Ms. Theresa Heinz-Kerry has ever baked a cookie in her life. She needs to just continue with her "Rich Bitch" persona because the Betty Crocker shit just isnt workin...

I have it on good authority that Nabisco has security camera footage which shows Teresa in their test kitchen stuffing cookie recipes up her skirt.
:cof:

Forum List

Back