lilcountriegal

Oct 24, 2003
Pennsylvania
I just love Rudy...

Giuliani: I Don't Need Michael Moore to Tell Me About 9/11
By Jeff Gannon
Talon News
July 30, 2004

(Talon News) -- The man who has been called "America's Mayor" slammed controversial filmmaker Michael Moore at a GOP press conference Thursday. When asked by a reporter if he had seen Moore's film, Rudy Giuliani said that he didn't need Michael Moore to tell him about September 11th.

Giuliani was also asked about a warning from New York Attorney General Eliot Spitzer who was quoted by the Associated Press saying, "I say this to the Republican Party: With all respect and all deference, do not dare use 9/11 for political purposes."

Spitzer made his remarks to New York delegates to the Democratic National Convention.

"Neither party should use this for politics, so I say to the Republicans, do not go there," Spitzer said. "It would not be fair or right, and we will not let you do it."

But he took a few shots at the president, saying that the Bush administration ignored a warning of terrorist threats to the United States and opposed the creation of the independent commission that investigated the attacks.

The first night of the Democratic convention featured a tribute to victims of the September 11th, but most speakers have avoided specifically mentioning the event.

The former mayor dismissed Spitzer's cautions and pointed out that Democrats have been politicizing September 11th all throughout the primary.

Giuliani said, "That is all I have heard was criticizing of President Bush's handling of September 11th, not only criticism but name calling and demonizing."

Giuliani believes that September 11th was the most important event to take place in the last fifty years. He said that examining what Bush or Kerry has done right or wrong is perfectly appropriate.

The former mayor stated, "That isn't politicizing it, that is discussing it honestly. Which is what we will do."

http://www.gopusa.com/news/2004/july/0730_giuliani_moore.shtml

Good Post.
Love that Rudy!

Lets sum it up - should we listen to the man who lived it?? Or the Hollywooder? Hmm..whats real here?

Forum List

Back