So Tell Me Whats Wrong With Them?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gem, Apr 25, 2005.

1. Gem

Gem BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +782
    There are several discussions about the filibuster, why its happening, whether it is right or wrong. Lost in all of these, seems to be the people who are sitting in limbo, waiting for the senate. Some have removed their names, tired of waiting, tired of having their characters impugned.

So here are just a few of the more well-known judges waiting....for those here who oppose them, or even if you just think that the Democratic memebers of the Senate have every right to keep filibustering their appointments...can you tell me why?

Why are you opposed to these people? What have they done, what do they believe, support, represent, what do they do, that you disagree with?

2. SmarterThanYou

SmarterThanYou Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    most all of them have been accused of right wing judicial activism, most of them by their own peers on the benches they currently serve. Many, if not all of them, have had rulings overturned because they were in direct opposition of the precedents for those states that they currently reside in.

3. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    Specific examples please. I hear this all the time, yet I have not seen ONE example. If they have had rulings overturned (as if NO judge ever does :rolleyes: ) then the info should be readily available.

4. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403

ahhhh ---thier own liberal peers don't like em and thier rulings are different than the previous liberal rulings. those bastards !!

5. SmarterThanYou

SmarterThanYou Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    with the exception of janice brown, all of the others have served, or are serving, on conservative courts. You want to try and convince me that the 4th and 5th circuits are liberal courts? :smoke:

6. Gem

Gem BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +782
    So is it their "judicial activism", which you haven't given examples of, the condemnation of their "peers", which you haven't provided links to, or the fact that they sit on conservative courts (except that one of them doesn't) that gives the Democrats a reason to halt their nomination?

7. SmarterThanYou

SmarterThanYou Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    These have been posted all over the internet, you haven't seen or heard of these?

http://www.pfaw.org/pfaw/general/default.aspx?oid=1729
    http://www.pfaw.org/pfaw/general/default.aspx?oid=12566
    For myers
    http://www.pfaw.org/pfaw/general/default.aspx?oid=13640

For Boyle
    http://www.pfaw.org/pfaw/general/default.aspx?oid=17979

8. SmarterThanYou

SmarterThanYou Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    well, lets break this down. Those on the right decry 'judicial activism', yet seem perfectly willing to accept that activism when its based on right wing activism. pretty hypocritical.

the condemnation of their peers SHOULD be a major factor for most people. Here in texas, alberto gonzales is considered pretty conservative, yet now that word has gotten out that he declared Owens a 'judicial activist', now he's not THAT conservative. :rolleyes:

I only brought up that they sit on conservative courts to reply to dillo and his claim about 'liberal' rulings.

9. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533
    Oh, well - if People for the American Way don't like these folks, they MUST be heinous.

10. SmarterThanYou

SmarterThanYou Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    and THUS begins the demonization of another group of people. By all means, lets just ignore all the relevant facts they list and attack the messenger.