So..."Prove you're insured" is OK; "Prove you're a citizen" is NOT OK???

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bucs90, Apr 11, 2012.

1. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    I just had a little brain flexing going on, and had some thoughts on the issues in politics, particularly immigration, healthcare, and of course with the non-sense in Florida, gun laws.

So....

- It's OK to make it a law that one must PROVE he has health insurance. But it's not OK to ask that he prove he is a US citizen when voting?

- It's OK to make a person who an identification to practice their lawful right of buying a gun. But it's NOT OK to make that same person show identification when practicing their lawful right of voting?

- It's OK to say a person has the absolute right to have a baby burned by acid inside their womb, or have it killed with a sharp instrument, because it's "their body". BUT if that person decides to leave that body uninsured, because maybe they dont want to use any doctors...ever...because it's "their body"......then the gov't will fine them?

- It's OK to assume a white person strolling through an all-black neighborhood, say, bad parts of Compton, CA, is gonna get extra attention from cops, and possibly be harmed by the locals simply for being different (heck, it's glorified by "Gangland").........but it is the crime of the century if a black person is strolling through an all-white neighborhood, say ritzy Boca Raton gated community, and that person recieves extra attention from cops and locals??????

Just trying to figure out how some ends meet here.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 5
  2. Oddball

Oddball BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
    Ratings:
    +8,409
    Wow...You may have found the loophole out of the individual mandate.

No hablo! :lol:

3. The T

The T George S. Patton Party Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    What USED TO BE A REPUBLIC RUN BY TYRANTS
    Ratings:
    +5,502
    You're thinking logically and trying to overlay it on Statism/Modern Liberalism...

The two shall never meet.

4. NYcarbineer

NYcarbineer Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30,094
    Since you people think the insurance law is unconstitutional, you're making an odd argument.

5. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    No, we're trying to make sense of the retarded left wing logic. Saying no government official can ever DARE ask me to show my proof of citizenship, or ID, when stopped by a cop or trying to vote, but then saying we MUST show proof that our bodies are insured and show an ID to buy a weapon???

We aren't trying to demand to buy guns without showing an ID. Thats common sense. Just like saying we should have an ID to vote.

6. Greenbeard

Greenbeard Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,322
    Citizenship has to be verified before one buys a private insurance plan in a health insurance exchange (even if one is not getting any sort of tax subsidy). So who is it that's saying proof of citizenship can never be requested by anyone?

7. TruthSeeker56

TruthSeeker56 Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +496
    Why is it that we must show an I.D. when we want to cash a check, but we don't need to show an I.D. to vote?

Why is it that we must show an I.D. to return an item to a retailer that we don't have a receipt for, but we don't need to show an I.D. to vote?

Why is it that U.S. citizens must show passports to re-enter the United States, but non-U.S. citizens are protected, by law, from having to show any form of I.D. to prove they are in the U.S. legally?

Why is it that we must show I.D. to buy cigarettes or alcoholic beverages, but we don't need to show an I.D. to vote?

8. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    Wrong. It is very common that illegal aliens can purchase insurance for their cars, but cannot be issued a state driver's license. Its a running joke here in SC that the insurance companies know the guy can't drive, but will sell him insurance. They are private companies. They can sell to whomever they want.

It is the entire left wing that is calling Voter ID racist, and saying places like AZ are racist for asking driver's "show me your papers" on a traffic stop (meaning.....show your driver's license like all 50 states already do).

9. Greenbeard

Greenbeard Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,322
    Neat. But you don't buy car insurance in a health insurance exchange. You're bitching and moaning about the individual mandate for health insurance. The law that creates that comes with the requirement that anyone buying their own insurance in an exchange have their citizenship verified. Cars don't have much to do with anything being discussed here.

10. Grampa Murked U

Grampa Murked U Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,751
    BAM! I wish I wasn't out of rep op. And that's all that needs to be said.