So long freedom of speech...

Angel Heart

Conservative Hippie
Jul 6, 2007
Portland, Oregon
[youtube]o_jMMFM3Bz0[/youtube]

The "Cyberbullying Prevention Act", HR 1966, threatens Americans' 1st Amendment right to speak their opinions freely through e-mail, social networking sites, blogging, YouTube, on the airwaves, or other electronic means. If what you say has the has the potential to cause "emotional distress" (read: offends them in any way), you could face fines or jail, or both!

Kiss USMB goodbye if this passes...

Last edited:
Hopefully USMB's server is "out of the country" ... since the international laws have no threat of this yet. Even then, this is technically and "adults only" site, so luckily it will likely be untouched. But it's still a stupid and really bad idea, because even if we are untouched by this one ... the question becomes "when will they legislate some really stupid law that will?"

I do believe this is why we have the Second Amendment...

The problem with amendments, they invoke change and can therefore be changed ... or even ignored. It doesn't matter, look at the FCC for a great example of ignoring the second.
What the fuck does the FCC have to do with the Second Amendment? :eusa_eh:

:eusa_eh: Really? You really don't know? You honestly have no clue how they censor media content?

The problem with amendments, they invoke change and can therefore be changed ... or even ignored. It doesn't matter, look at the FCC for a great example of ignoring the second.

:eusa_eh: Really? You really don't know? You honestly have no clue how they censor media content?
Has jack shit to do with

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Has jack shit to do with

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

At this point, yes I got the amendments mixed up, see? That wasn't hard, why you resorted to direct and over used insults is beyond me, but it does betray your lack of interest in any actual discussion and it would appear you are just a troll ... prove me wrong please, I love being proven wrong ... oddly, just you have done it a total of one time now ...

If you weren't an idiot, you would've looked it up the first time, before once again demonstrating how stupid and uneducated you are.

Really? This is all you have ... broken records are good for only one thing you know. You mean to tell me that you never get confused? Ever? You never make a simple mistake, a typo, mixing up a number here or there? Nothing? It's not a sign of being uneducated, nor is it a sign of being stupid, Einstein could not tie his own shoes ... :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back