So I'm about to be a first-time homeowner

Paulie

Diamond Member
May 19, 2007
We weren't actually going to be ready for at least a year, but this insanely great deal just fell into our laps last week and we got preapproved.

If it wasn't for the fact that this is going to be a situation where we have almost instant equity, and that we fell in love with the place :D, I wouldn't be doing it.

With this deal, we could literally sit on this until the economy recovers and housing prices start coming back up, and we could flip and make 30-50% easy. It's THAT good of a deal. And the area is up and coming.

It's not NECESSARILY our "dream home", but it's pretty friggin cool.

We weren't actually going to be ready for at least a year, but this insanely great deal just fell into our laps last week and we got preapproved.

If it wasn't for the fact that this is going to be a situation where we have almost instant equity, and that we fell in love with the place :D, I wouldn't be doing it.

With this deal, we could literally sit on this until the economy recovers and housing prices start coming back up, and we could flip and make 30-50% easy. It's THAT good of a deal. And the area is up and coming.

That's great, Paulie! Congrats!

:beer:

Just gotta make sure we get the deal closed by 12/1 so we can get our "tax credit".

That's great Paulie! Congrats.

But don't forget that last year the government put in a nice tax relief that gives you something like a $7,500 tax break for buying this year. Look it up. My brother bought last year. He has to pay it back at something like $500 a year interest free, but people who buy in 2009 do not have to pay it back.

Check in to it, if you don't already know about it. If you need more info, I can help you get it, just pm me.

Immie

That's great Paulie! Congrats.

But don't forget that last year the government put in a nice tax relief that gives you something like a $7,500 tax break for buying this year. Look it up. My brother bought last year. He has to pay it back at something like $500 a year interest free, but people who buy in 2009 do not have to pay it back.

Check in to it, if you don't already know about it. If you need more info, I can help you get it, just pm me.

Immie

Yep, we know all about it. The broker knows the deal needs to close before 12/1 of this year. We're waiting on some funds that are due to come in, in a couple weeks, so we can make a decent down payment.

Aren't house flippers the ones that brought down the economy?:eusa_whistle:

Congratulations, Paulie. Owning your own home is a wonderful feeling. Hope it all works out well for you. Just two bits of advice for you:

(1) Get a dog.
(2) Get a cat.

Then you will be the all-American home owner!!!!

Again, good for you.

Good for you.

It's a great time to buy if you are buying in a place that has been hit hard.

This area hasn't necessarily been hit hard, but this price we're getting is well under the average for the area, and 20k less than what my girlfriend's dad's house, which is right down the street, just got appraised at, and our house is WAY nicer in almost every way. Her dad has a connection with a group of guys that have been buying up houses to fix and flip, and they mentioned this particular deal to him.

We'll be better suited to handle the financial stress next spring, but it's worth it just for the instant equity we'll probably have, ALONE.

Aren't house flippers the ones that brought down the economy?:eusa_whistle:

Not the ones that did it intelligently and profitted :lol:

I don't think so...those were the ones that helped bring the economy down.

Regardless, I'm sure one more won't do any serious damage.

Thanks for the congrats, Rav.

Love ya :tongue:

Good for you.

It's a great time to buy if you are buying in a place that has been hit hard.

This area hasn't necessarily been hit hard, but this price we're getting is well under the average for the area, and 20k less than what my girlfriend's dad's house, which is right down the street, just got appraised at, and our house is WAY nicer in almost every way. Her dad has a connection with a group of guys that have been buying up houses to fix and flip, and they mentioned this particular deal to him.

We'll be better suited to handle the financial stress next spring, but it's worth it just for the instant equity we'll probably have, ALONE.

That's great. Buying bargains rarely is a bad choice.

I suppose I should probably start getting prepared to pop that question sometime soon.

Thanks for the congrats, Rav.

Love ya :tongue:
:razz: Did your better half ever agree to make an honest woman of you?

Haven't asked yet.

One scary situation at a time, here. :D

I know, I did make a vow to do it this summer. There's still a month left.

I suppose I should probably start getting prepared to pop that question sometime soon.

Only 2 months left of baseball season bro! Better Hurry! ;)

Do you think this house you're going to buy will be a place you'll want to raise your family Paulie?

PAULIE....GET A HOME INSPECTION ...SPEND THE MONEY....THAT IS THE ONLY PERSON WHO IS WORKING FOR YOU....DO IT AND YOU WONT REGRET IT....DONT DO IT..AND YOU SURE THE HELL WILL REGRET IT....

I DONT GO BIG FOR MUCH....SO YOU KNOW I AM SERIOUS HERE..

home inspection.....base your offer on that.....a clean home inspection report....then pop the question and marry the mother of your child....i will laugh my ass off if she says no....(she is not gonna say no) then take the boy down and get a puppy and kittens.

Forum List

Back